Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters (911 Views)

Chronicles Of Political Hopes of Igbo/obi Supporters In This 2023 Election / Peter Obi's Supporters Unfollow, Block PDP On Twitter, Threaten Reno Omokri / Reno Omokri Criticises Peter Obi's Supporters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by alanto: 9:27am On Oct 23, 2022
Dear Fellow Nairalanders Of Igbo Extraction.

You must know that Yorubas are naturally peaceful people, I never had issue with any Igbo person in real life even until now that I write, many of my friends are igbo both the one I benefit from and the ones that benefit from me, they don't tell us from our homes what tribe to hate or what tribe to love, rather they teach us to love everyone because we are not assured tomorrow happenings.

Tinubu's wife is Ishekiri, Akeredolu Igbo, Fani Kayode several igbo exes (and still chasing igbo girls), myself married from middle belt, so tribalism is not a Yoruba thing, matter of fact we only deal with people that tries to sabotage peace after which everybody moves on, you will not even think Yoruba and Hausas or whoever fought on that spot the day before.
I'm urging my igbo brothers on nairaland and social media to be reasonable, to be a president of Nigeria you can't make enemy with a major tribe, especially not a tribe like Yoruba with so many powerful and influential people...

You dont have to vote Tinubu even every yoruba man will not vote Tinubu but don't go about insulting him and his people over politics... When I newly joined nairaland I always said this was going to get to the street, we saw what happened in Alaba last week, I'm still saying it now that the way some igbo guys are going on social media it will make Yoruba start having the feeling that Igbos harbor hate for them, it's a very long walk but when you are there, you are there.

So.. I'm urging y'all to do politics without hate, of course there will be banter here and there but don't degrade a whole tribe, don't malign Tinubu, he is our leader, he's an elder state man in Yorubaland, no reasonable Yoruba man will enjoy it when you insult Tinubu and Yorubas in general. That's not how Obi can get vote, you can't flog someone to love or accept you, the love won't come real.

Signed: Alanto

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Bontafa: 9:28am On Oct 23, 2022
Za pampers

9 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by umbo: 9:29am On Oct 23, 2022
alanto:

You must know that Yorubas are naturally peaceful people, I never had issue with any Igbo person in real life even until now that I write, many of my friends are igbo both the one I benefit from and the ones that benefit from me, they don't tell us from our homes what tribe to hate or what tribe to love, rather they teach us to love everyone because we are not assured tomorrow happenings.

Tinubu's wife is Ishekiri, Akeredolu Igbo, Fani Kayode several igbo exes (and still chasing igbo girls), myself married from middle belt, so tribalism is not a Yoruba thing, matter of fact we only deal with people that tries to sabotage peace after which everybody moves on, you will not even think Yoruba and Hausas or whoever fought on that spot the day before.
I'm urging my igbo brothers on nairaland and social media to be reasonable, to be a president of Nigeria you can't make enemy with a major tribe, especially not a tribe like Yoruba with so many powerful and influential people...

You dont have to vote Tinubu even every yoruba man will not vote Tinubu but don't go about insulting him and his people over politics... When I newly joined nairaland I always said this was going to get to the street, we saw what happened in Alaba last week, I'm still saying it now that the way some igbo guys are going on social media it will make Yoruba start having the feeling that Igbos harbor hate for them, it's a very long walk but when you are there, you are there.

So.. I'm urging y'all to do politics without hate, of course there will be banter here and there but don't degrade a whole tribe, don't malign Tinubu, he is our leader, he's an elder state man in Yorubaland, no reasonable Yoruba man will enjoy it when you insult Tinubu and Yorubas in general. That's not how Obi can get vote, you can't flog someone to love or accept you, the love won't come real.

hmmmm
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by AgbaBaale: 9:34am On Oct 23, 2022
You reasonable
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Richardonald(m): 9:39am On Oct 23, 2022
Ask yourself who start the tribal war, is not tilumbu. From Where are the cows to obi labouring in vain.

And I found out that, the western are always afraid to face the north, even when the north throws a jab at them.

Atiku is tilumbu main opposition, where as is agbadorian supporters are pained about obi, including El rufai, the midget.

15 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by TinubuPikin: 9:42am On Oct 23, 2022
alanto:

Copy this to Seun and his mods who keep pushing fake APC news about Tinubu and banning Obi supporters.

Seun tried to infiltrate twitter, but he was dealt with, he then begin clamping down on Ovi supporters here.

10 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Trapnews: 9:42am On Oct 23, 2022
alanto:

It is too late Bro, their parents feed them with so much hatred for the Yorubas from birth, while our parents teach us to respect them. The damage has been done and i don't see it stopping soon. Let them continue to fight war at every front and see if it will favour them. North, west, south and the only problem is the East. Check your selves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by begoniaa: 9:46am On Oct 23, 2022
Without mincing words, YOU'RE A VERY M*D COUMPOUND F*OL to want to police Igbos and their reactions on this forum when y'all are the instigators of hate, and going around spreading tribal divisions. Proper gaslighter oshi. undecided

- (respectfully) from a Yoruba girl.

13 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Sammy07: 9:49am On Oct 23, 2022
Lmao.

This is just a normal norms in politics section.
Fulani bashing would take a rest by May next year.

If Tinubu win, Yorubas are in on a long ride (tribal bashing)

If Obi win, Igbos are in, on a long ride (tribal bashing)

So brace up, the worst (tribal bashing) is yet to come

Na only non WAZOBIA presidency fit reduce am a bit.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Redomi(m): 9:49am On Oct 23, 2022
I'm a Yoruba too, all tribe in Nigeria plays tribal politics including the Yoruba people, we are all free to support whoever we want, but I have seen so many people calling me Chinedu, Chibizor because I am supporting Obi, who tells them it's only Igbo that are supporting Obi? Same way there are Igbo supporting Igbo

11 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Redomi(m): 9:51am On Oct 23, 2022
begoniaa:
Without mincing words, YOU'RE A VERY M*D AND COUMPOUND F*OL to want to police Igbos and their reactions on this forum when y'all are the instigators of hate, and going around spreading tribal divisions. Proper gaslighter oshi. undecided

- (respectfully) from a Yoruba girl.
Don't mind them, they are calling me names like chibuzor, Chiwendo, etc because I am supporting Obi, I am tired of telling anyone that I'm from Ondo state

6 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by cherishmichael: 9:55am On Oct 23, 2022
Because of party many people forgot their manners, both from all party not just one
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Sammy07: 9:56am On Oct 23, 2022
Redomi:
Don't mind them, they are calling me names like chibuzor, Chiwendo, etc because I am supporting Obi, I am tired of telling anyone that I'm from Ondo state

Same way they call "okoroawusa" Fulani slave, and all sort of names because he's Igbo and he is supporting Buhari / Tinubu.

Majority of igbos are supporting Obi
Majority of Yorubas are supporting Tinubu

So you see? Majority sentiment will rule.

It is what it is you have to live with your new identity grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Redomi(m): 9:59am On Oct 23, 2022
Sammy07:

Same way they call "okoroawusa" Fulani slave, and all sort of names because he's Igbo and he is supporting Buhari / Tinubu.

Then I'm proud of my new name (Chibuzor Ogaze) though I don't know the meaning, but I care not

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by phorget(m): 10:02am On Oct 23, 2022
But why is it that ones you show your support to our amiable incoming president in the person of Peter Obi then you will automatically be termed an Igbo person?
Igbos are the only tribe that lives among every other tribe and it was even said that ones you get to a place and you couldn't find an igbo man there then it would be advisable for you to leave such a place, if igbos live among other tribes then would an igboman be living among his enemy?

Yorubas had actually made the coming election into a kind of tribal affair. Most people I know would have supported Osinbajo and I guess preference shouldn't be any problem regarding the forthcoming election please.

9 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Sammy07: 10:05am On Oct 23, 2022
Redomi:

Then I'm proud of my new name (Chibuzor Ogaze) though I don't know the meaning, but I care not

Good. Same way if an Ijaw from Ese Odo go to enugu or Sokoto maybe for NYSC and he told them he is Ijaw from Ondo state.
Nobody will believe him. You already know why.
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Okoroawusa: 10:13am On Oct 23, 2022
Sammy07:

Bro leave that one. He is just new to the game. Does he know how many names I have been called? They just gave him one and he is talking.
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Redomi(m): 10:13am On Oct 23, 2022
Sammy07:

Good. Same way if an Ijaw from Ese Odo go to enugu or Sokoto maybe for NYSC and he told them he is Ijaw from Ondo state.
Nobody will believe him. You already know why.
Ijaw are equally in waterside cola government of Ogun state. But Ijaws in Ese-odo here are majorly Zion church members, I think there is something about them that are related to Ilaje people
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by alanto: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2022
Sammy07:
Lmao.

People bashing Fulanis were not on Fulani lands... And it's not norm in politics it's recipe for crisis, Donald Trumb as refused to go and answer questions for what he said that lead to riot in the Capitol.

There's a limit to everything.

I saw a thread where one of them created a post and titled it "well to do Igbos, chased out lazy agbero Yorubas from Alaba" or something like that. Thank God nairaland only has about 2 million members half of which are not active by the way.. Those kind of gospel already got to me and it's getting to others, why won't Fulani vote Obi right now? Is it not because of the constant attack on them? Why did they accept Tinubu like that? Is it not because he defended them even at the detriment of his own people? I can tell you that if Fulani weren't attacking people in SW we wouldn't have had any problem with them. . now that they are not attacking SW is there anybody shouting Fulani in the SW?

This is beyond politics.... Typically an Igbo man believe he's being hated by Ghanaians, South-Africans, Indians and even Nigerians why is it so? That's beyond politics my brother. We need to start letting them know where the problem is...
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Sammy07: 10:19am On Oct 23, 2022
Okoroawusa:

Bro leave that one. He is just new to the game. Does he know how many names I have been called? They just gave him one and he is talking.

Lol grin.
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Sammy07: 10:21am On Oct 23, 2022
Redomi:
Ijaw are equally in waterside cola government of Ogun state. But Ijaws in Ese-odo here are majorly Zion church members, I think there is something about them that are related to Ilaje people

Not related to Ilaje at all.
In fact about half of them bears Yoruba names. And half of them still maintain their cultures. They're surrounded by Ilajes
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Bulleye(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2022
alanto:

Defeat and surrender is the only language they understand. Until they are defeated and they surrender, nothing can make them see reason. History tells all the story.
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Sammy07: 10:21am On Oct 23, 2022
alanto:

People bashing Fulanis were not on Fulani lands... And it's not norm in politics it's recipe for crisis, Donald Trumb as refused to go and answer questions for what he said that lead to riot in the Capitol.

There's a limit to everything.

I saw a thread where one of them created a post and titled it "well to do Igbos, chased out lazy agbero Yorubas from Alaba" or something like that. Thank God nairaland only has about 2 million members half of which are not active by the way.. Those kind of gospel already got to me and it's getting to others, why won't Fulani vote Obi right now? Is it not because of the constant attack on them? Why did they accept Tinubu like that? Is it not because he defended them even at the detriment of his own people? I can tell you that if Fulani weren't attacking people in SW we wouldn't have had any problem with them. . now that they are not attacking SW is there anybody shouting Fulani in the SW?

This is beyond politics.... Typically an Igbo man believe he's being hated by Ghanaians, South-Africans, Indians and even Nigerians why is it so? That's beyond politics my brother. We need to start letting them know where the problem is...

Well, I only come here to catch cruise, set records straight and to cause trouble.
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by DadaHammed: 10:25am On Oct 23, 2022
alanto:

I think we should also write to tinubu supporters to stop using tribalism to play politics and stop trying to paint Obi in bad light.

ObiDients have not done half of what the zombies-turned-urchins did in 2015. Many of them online even threatened to kill Igbos if APC loses that election.
No tribe should have the monopoly of threats and violence. We are Omoluabi and we should speak the truth at all times.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Michelle70(m): 10:27am On Oct 23, 2022
Richardonald:
Ask yourself who start the tribal war, is not tilumbu. From Where are the cows to obi labouring in vain.

And I found out that, the western are always afraid to face the north, even when the north throws a jab at them.

Atiku is tilumbu main opposition, where as is agbadorian supporters are pained about obi, including El rufai, the midget.
I think if u go back to 2015, u will understand who started the war
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:43am On Oct 23, 2022
Let me check something: yoruba
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by whofoolwho: 10:51am On Oct 23, 2022
Sammy07:
Lmao.

It's good for development.
Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Apophenia24k: 10:54am On Oct 23, 2022
alanto:

You made good points but what about us from middle belt that are tagged IPOB by your brothers?

Is it reasonable to say that anyone against BAT is an IPOB? Scroll through the politics section without sentiment and you'll realize the hate you preached against is actually harbour by your brothers...

This election has been reduced to Yoruba and Igbo supremacy on media...

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Jflex07(m): 10:59am On Oct 23, 2022
Gibberish. I am not Igbo but most Yoruba's are mostly tribal bigot especially tinubu urrchin and Yoruba Muslims. Check politics section very well and you will see the number of false thread against peter Obi on a daily basis.. You will also note how Tinubu urchins tag anyone who is against tinubu iPod and also check their monickers here ,most are derogatory names against the Igbo's. Call your tinubu urrchins to order before writing a one sided jargon.. Nonsense!!

7 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 23, 2022
alanto:

Lol. Nigga, you might be a gentleman but this is no way to treat Igbos. They are a people who take kindness for weakness. Irreverent and uncouth ingrates. Covetous and wicked. It is their nature.

They will tell you tolerance of all religion is mimuism.

They will mock Yorubas for having full respect for women and their inheritance rights. You're "pandering to b1tches".

Accommodate and empower them in your domain, as many of us went to thrive in the diaspora, and they have "enslaved Yorubas in their land".

Igbos alone talk and act like that, against Yorubas, of all ethnicities in the SW. Or have you ever noted an Edo or Hausa say he has enslaved Yorubas in Lagos merely because they own properties and businesses in the State?

Yorubas simply need to start paying Igbos back in their own coin. Let us see who will grovel, beg and begin to cry in the end regretfully other than Igbos who have always acted in haste to repent at leisure.

How many mansions have been built in backward villages in Igboland with money made outside SE? Yet Igbos can never be gracious, grateful or loving towards others.

If others become economically protectionist and hostile towards Igbos, in the SW and North, as Igbos are to other Nigerians in ala Igbo then the hunger that will descend on SE will make 80% of them cannibals overnight.

Tir for tat against Igbos is the way forward because nice words and decorum will never work with them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nairaland Igbo/obi Supporters by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 23, 2022
Redomi:
I'm a Yoruba too, all tribe in Nigeria plays tribal politics including the Yoruba people, we are all free to support whoever we want, but I have seen so many people calling me Chinedu, Chibizor because I am supporting Obi, who tells them it's only Igbo that are supporting Obi? Same way there are Igbo supporting Igbo

Yorubas like you are fools. God forbid I am in a fight with a nigga like you watching my back. Nothing wrong with voting who you want. That's what a democratic election should be about.

What OP is talking about is the pure vitriol and undiluted evil Igbos are attacking Yorubas and Tinubu with.

What have either done to Igbos to warrant how Igbos are treating this as a war against Tinubu and his ethnic group?

Even Obi you are supporting has been caught in the vile act of whipping up ethnic disaffection against Yorubas with his fake whatsapp stunt.

Yet dumb 'woke' Yorubas like you, if you're even Yoruba, have no issue with your ethnic group and revered leaders beinh insulted, demonized and vilified casually.

What kind of Yoruba or indeed man are you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This State Really Affected By Insecurities? / 2023: TVC Presidential Debate,tinubu Shud Participate Or Forget North-arewa Al / Why Is Fashola, Buhari And OSINBAJO Distancing Themselves From Tinubu Campaigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.