Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,727 members, 7,813,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? (4974 Views)

Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks / The New Method Of Depositing Cash In Banks / "Eight Nigerian Banks Are Too-Big-To-Fail!" - CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by djustice: 11:37am On Aug 19, 2011
I received a strange email from a Nigerian bank today, indicating that

1. I would no longer be able to withdraw more than N100,000 per day of my own money, from my own account

2. I cannot spend more than N500,000 on my card at a time - Sanusi's interpretation of e-banking

3. I cannot spend more than N500,000 per day online - more of Sanusi the Stupid's e-banking

If this is the situation, I'm transferring all my funds abroad, and will start using foreign debit card for my transactions.

Sanusi wants to preside over the death of the banking industry in Nigeria? I'll help him, but he should be ready for the violent upheaval that this is sure to start. I hope he and his co sharia compliant collaborators are ready for the coming firestorm.

Gworo Chewing, Qur'an bashing buffoons.
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by Jakumo(m): 11:52am On Aug 19, 2011
Please remember to keep a large stack of cash at home, so as to be in compliance with the statutes written in stone by the Nigerian Armed Robbers Coalition (NARC).
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by sweetliet: 11:59am On Aug 19, 2011
very soon everybody will becom robbers bcs most of dis bankers will lose dia jobs and take to the street
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by werepeLeri: 12:59pm On Aug 19, 2011
Even in developed countries, example in the UK- if you like have billions in your account - the maximum you can withdraw over the counter per day is £1200, and from an ATM - £300:00. If you want more than 1200 pounds in a day, you have to tell the bank on time and they will book you in for a day to come- so, what are the bush people in Nigeria shouting about?

You want to be like the developed countries, yet you dont want to do like they do.

OP - if you like bury your money inside the toilet, noone cares. You need to chill and think right before you call another person names.

1 Like

Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by abouzaid: 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2011
Ha ha, how can traders run their businesses if they can not withdraw more than 100k a day. I will really like to see how this one plays out but pls don't insult ppl religion cos this is sanusi issue not quran after everybody suffers the consequences of this governments misadventures
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by htajz: 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2011
this is very bad right thing at the wrong time , we have not yet reached that stage, maybe the man is out to shut down aba,onitsha and alaba and all the sabon gari markets,cattle markets accross the nation etc ,it just wont work for now, i see this man loosing his job soon.
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by djustice: 1:57pm On Aug 19, 2011
werepeLeri:

Even in developed countries, example in the UK- if you like have billions in your account - the maximum you can withdraw over the counter per day is £1200, and from an ATM - £300:00. If you want more than 1200 pounds in a day, you have to tell the bank on time and they will book you in for a day to come- so, what are the bush people in Nigeria shouting about?

You want to be like the developed countries, yet you dont want to do like they do.

OP - if you like bury your money inside the toilet, noone cares. You need to chill and think right before you call another person names.

I have thought about it and you're a compound fool. You really must have a serious case of werepe on the brain.

Who told you that there is a withdrawal limit of £1,200 in the UK From the ATM, maybe, but no limits from your account, mate!

Since you're talking about "developed countries", why doesn't your oga copy the good things from those places After all, for instance, banks in the UK are required to publish ALL their charges and fees for the benefit of their customers. We see no such thing here. During Soludo's time, they started doing it, because the Central Bank forced them to, and monitored their compliance. Sanusi doesn't care about such trivial details. Islamic Banking is all that's been on his mind, along with killing the Southern Banks.

There are no Cash Withdrawal Limits, as far as I'm aware. The only requirement some banks have is you have to book cash withdrawals if they're over a certain amount. There are no penalties or charges for this.

You think everybody is as mumufied as you are, never having been to "developed countries"! Chai! Illiteracy is a terrible thing. Ignorance is even worse.
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2011
Lets watch the plan unfold
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by werepeLeri: 2:21pm On Aug 19, 2011
djustice:

I have thought about it and you're a compound fool. You really must have a serious case of werepe on the brain.

Who told you that there is a withdrawal limit of £1,200 in the UK From the ATM, maybe, but no limits from your account, mate!

Since you're talking about "developed countries", why doesn't your oga copy the good things from those places After all, for instance, banks in the UK are required to publish ALL their charges and fees for the benefit of their customers. We see no such thing here. During Soludo's time, they started doing it, because the Central Bank forced them to, and monitored their compliance. Sanusi doesn't care about such trivial details. Islamic Banking is all that's been on his mind, along with killing the Southern Banks.

There are no Cash Withdrawal Limits, as far as I'm aware. The only requirement some banks have is you have to book cash withdrawals if they're over a certain amount. There are no penalties or charges for this.

You think everybody is as mumufied as you are, never having been to "developed countries"! Chai! Illiteracy is a terrible thing. Ignorance is even worse.

Two things are possible here. You and your entire family have never had up to £1200 in the bank in the UK, hence you do not have a reason to know there is a limit on the amount you can withdraw from your bank in cash from the UK- I know because I bank with Bank of Scotland/Halifax and I have multiples of that amount in the bank - LOL - so I excuse your ignorance.

Two - you don't live in the UK, hence you are local to Nigeria and know nothing about banking system elsewhere.

LOL.

Name calling is your characteristics, so, keep calling people names, it is a sign of your demented brain.

LOL
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by djustice: 2:42pm On Aug 19, 2011
werepeLeri:

Two things are possible here. You and your entire family have never had up to £1200 in the bank in the UK, hence you do not have a reason to know there is a limit on the amount you can withdraw from your bank in cash from the UK- I know because I bank with Bank of Scotland/Halifax and I have multiples of that amount in the bank - LOL - so I excuse your ignorance.

Two - you don't live in the UK, hence you are local to Nigeria and know nothing about banking system elsewhere.

LOL.

Name calling is your characteristics, so, keep calling people names, it is a sign of your demented brain.

LOL

If you call my brain demented, yours must be completely liquefied.

So, because you have a few thousand quid in BOS/Halifax, you think that qualifies you to talk rubbish?? Poverty is a terrible thing o! One, I may no longer live in the UK, but used to, and still maintain accounts with Barclays and LloydsTSB there. I have been with both so long, I have NO cash withdrawal limits on MY accounts. Obviously, the rules for plebeians like yourself are much different.

I still visited the US in 2010 from the UK with $50,000 cash in my hand. Of course, I withdrew it from my Barclays account, changed some of it in the branch, and the rest at High Street Bureaux de Change like Travelex. All that was required of me was to BOOK the money about 1 week in advance at the branch. No charges, no penalties. After all, na my money!

Finally, for your information, I have accounts in UAE, China and the US too. I kuku don tok am say illiteracy na baaaad ting. Shebi in my first post I said "If this is the situation, I'm transferring all my funds abroad, and will start using foreign debit card for my transactions."?

Read it again, then slap yourself twice. It might cure your blindness and clear the werepe from your head!
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by Bawss1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 19, 2011
Jakumo:

Please remember to keep a large stack of cash at home, so as to be in compliance with the statutes written in stone by the Nigerian Armed Robbers Coalition (NARC).

WORD!

Like Sanusi is bothered about the OP. Silly nonsense.
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by Jakumo(m): 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2011
djustice:

I still visited the US in 2010 from the UK with $50,000 cash in my hand.

It is actually a criminal offence to carry more than ten thousand US dollars cash into the United States, PARTICULARLY if that cash is NOT listed on the customs' declaration sheet that is handed out to airline passengers shortly before landing in their first airport of call in North American territory.

Assuming that the above claim is not bogus, consider yourself VERY lucky indeed, that Mr.Customs man did not spot your cash stash and hand you over to the IRS for a friendly chat, followed by a swift trial and some slammer time for currency smuggling.
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by Seun(m): 6:50pm On Aug 19, 2011
@Jakumo: why are you assuming that the cash was not listed in the customs declaration list?
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by hercules07: 6:58pm On Aug 19, 2011
First time I will agree with Werepe, even for as low as 10K na bank transfer I dey do, buyers and sellers will soon come to an arrangement.
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by akinwole21: 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2011
E-Banking is a very good idea that can help reduce the risk of Armed Robbery and circulation of Cash in and outside the bank. Although there are some points which needs to be addressed.

Are the banks ready to embrace this new development?

Do they have a sufficient technology and expertise to service their customer?

what happens in a case of fraud, is there any functioning policy or law on ground to manage it?

As much as the background (foundation) is not set right, anything built on this will fail
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by manny4life(m): 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2011
Seun:

@Jakumo: why are you assuming that the cash was not listed in the customs declaration list?

I doubt even with a declaration list, for $50 000, hmmmm. What happened to electronic wires?
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by tlops(m): 7:20pm On Aug 19, 2011
werepeLeri:

abouzaid:

Ha ha, how can traders run their businesses if they can not withdraw more than 100k a day. I will really like to see how this one plays out but pls don't insult ppl religion cos this is sanusi issue not quran after everybody suffers the consequences of this governments misadventures

Its true, In denmark you have to inform the bank if you want over 10,000dkk, however you can move as much money as you want on your own via e-banking. In those day I may not step into the bank in 6 month, all communications to the bank are done via ur banking profile.
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by violent(m): 7:33pm On Aug 19, 2011

Funny how you are both wrong, just in different ways, this is from Halifax's website!

Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by violent(m): 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2011
manny4life:

I doubt even with a declaration list, for $50 000, hmmmm. What happened to electronic wires?

same thing i thought.
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by sammirano: 8:33pm On Aug 19, 2011
This tread is really funny. I must say
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2011
many debit cards have withdrawal limit but with credit cards it is definitely different. how difficult is it to raise your withdrawal limit?! very easy, just a phone call away or a talk with your damn bank. most of my cards limit is more than triple 300€ per day and the only problem is that some cash machine around the world have a limit set PER TRANSACTION so you have to do 2 or 3 withdrawal to get to your limit (thus paying the withdrawal fee each time).

as for over the counter withdrawal, there is NO SET LIMIT to the amount i can withdraw from my account, so long as they have the money in cash and i call them in advance if its over €10K.

i used to bank with Barclays back in the UK, same deal, just talk to someone at your bank, tell them that you need a higher daily/weekly limit. . . . . . . . ET VOILA!!!!!
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by emmatok(m): 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2011
werepeLeri:

Nonsense, you can spend as much as you want from your account, if done through e-banking or cheque issuance.

E-banking is created to reduce too much cash in the system and  not to reduce spending.
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by femmy2010(m): 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2011
akinwole21:

E-Banking is a very good idea that can help reduce the risk of Armed Robbery and circulation of Cash in and outside the bank. Although there are some points which needs to be addressed.

Are the banks ready to embrace this new development?

Do they have a sufficient technology and expertise to service their customer?

what happens in a case of fraud, is there any functioning policy or law on ground to manage it?

As much as the background (foundation) is not set right, anything built on this will fail

You said it all.
Without stable electricity and a greater improvement in IT the cashless "imposition" wont work.
furthermore,i sure wouldn't want machines to take the jobs of my brothers and sisters away in the form of forced cashless.
I do say we work with what would work in our own growing economy and not what would only work in an highly developed one like the USA and the UK.
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by WebSurfer(m): 9:18pm On Aug 19, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by violent(m): 9:21pm On Aug 19, 2011
emmatok:

Nonsense, you can spend as much as you want from your account, if done through e-banking or cheque issuance.

E-banking is created to reduce too much cash in the system and  not to reduce spending.

are you suffering from dyslexia?

Read this again, this time slowly

Even in developed countries, example in the UK- if you like have billions in your account - the maximum you can withdraw over the counter per day
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by werepeLeri: 9:29pm On Aug 19, 2011
emmatok:

You are so daft - did you read where I said over the counter cash collection?

Thank you @Violent.
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by ronkebp(f): 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2011
So what is wrong with the limits that has been placed, on the way you conduct your day-to-day banking transactions?
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2011
^^
- if you want to make under the table payments to the illegal workers you employ.
- you want to keep a certain amount of cash in your office/home FOR EMERGENCIES etc
- payments have to be made in cash to certain distributors that have been ripped off by bounced checks.
- some businessmen need to be wine dined and entertained before they sign on the dotted line. (high class
hookers and coke cannot be paid for by CC.)

but also
- if you decide at 10pm that you want go out and make it rain in the club.
- you (as a married man) meet a great damsel and want to take her to a top hotel for some bedmatics, would you pay for the expensive room with your CC?!
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by djustice: 11:07pm On Aug 19, 2011
Jakumo:

It is actually a criminal offence to carry more than ten thousand US dollars cash into the United States, PARTICULARLY if that cash is NOT listed on the customs' declaration sheet that is handed out to airline passengers shortly before landing in their first airport of call in North American territory.

Assuming that the above claim is not bogus, consider yourself VERY lucky indeed, that Mr.Customs man did not spot your cash stash and hand you over to the IRS for a friendly chat, followed by a swift trial and some slammer time for currency smuggling.

Jakumo, I'm glad you included the caveat in bold. Of course you must declare the cash, and I did. It's only when I'm entering Nigeria that I don't declare any cash, mek awon boys no go waylay persin for road!! grin grin grin
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by djustice: 11:11pm On Aug 19, 2011
Violent, read the bolded below:

djustice:

If you call my brain demented, yours must be completely liquefied.

So, because you have a few thousand quid in BOS/Halifax, you think that qualifies you to talk rubbish?? Poverty is a terrible thing o! One, I may no longer live in the UK, but used to, and still maintain accounts with Barclays and LloydsTSB there. I have been with both so long, I have NO cash withdrawal limits on MY accounts. Obviously, the rules for plebeians like yourself are much different.

I still visited the US in 2010 from the UK with $50,000 cash in my hand. Of course, I withdrew it from my Barclays account, changed some of it in the branch, and the rest at High Street Bureaux de Change like Travelex. All that was required of me was to BOOK the money about 1 week in advance at the branch. No charges, no penalties. After all, na my money!

Finally, for your information, I have accounts in UAE, China and the US too. I kuku don tok am say illiteracy na baaaad ting. Shebi in my first post I said "If this is the situation, I'm transferring all my funds abroad, and will start using foreign debit card for my transactions."?

Read it again, then slap yourself twice. It might cure your blindness and clear the werepe from your head!

That's what I was trying to tell the brainless pauper, oloriwerepe, before he started pissing all over my thread.
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by djustice: 11:13pm On Aug 19, 2011
manny4life:

Manny, I hadn't opened my US accounts at the time. In fact, it was on that trip I opened them. I nor fit waya moni go anoda broda account o! What if di bobo miss with my moni
Re: I Will No Longer Keep My Money In Banks. Are You Satisfied, Sanusi? by horny4u(f): 11:35pm On Aug 19, 2011
djustice:

I received a strange email from a Nigerian bank today, indicating that

1. I would no longer be able to withdraw more than N100,000 per day of my own money, from my own account

2. I cannot spend more than N500,000 on my card at a time - Sanusi's interpretation of e-banking

3. I cannot spend more than N500,000 per day online - more of Sanusi the silly's e-banking

If this is the situation, I'm transferring all my funds abroad, and will start using foreign debit card for my transactions.

Sanusi wants to preside over the death of the banking industry in Nigeria? I'll help him, but he should be ready for the violent upheaval that this is sure to start. I hope he and his co sharia compliant collaborators are ready for the coming firestorm.

Gworo Chewing, Qur'an bashing buffoons.

How "mush" is your money gan ?
werepeLeri:

Very well written !

Jakumo:

Another well written answer,

OP abeg carry that ya money go moon , be certain the Nigerian banking sector will not miss your shile kan ati abo, 2.5 shillings  grin grin grin Money bags don't shout, go siddon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paypal Business Accounts - Any Restrictions For Nigerians? / Lesson 4: How To Make $120/week On Instagram / Zedvance Quick Cash Loan Without Collateral Or Guarantor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.