Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,089 members, 7,863,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

My Candidature Will Centre On Economic Upliftment Of My Constituency- Derick. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Candidature Will Centre On Economic Upliftment Of My Constituency- Derick. (121 Views)

I’m Being Sidelined In My Constituency, Kingibe Cries Out / 2023: I Will Consult My Constituency Before I Resign – Ngige On Buhari’s Order / BREAKING: Court Nullifies Candidature Of PDP Gubernatorial Candidate In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Candidature Will Centre On Economic Upliftment Of My Constituency- Derick. by Thepointer: 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
My Candidature will Centre on Economic Upliftment of My Constituency- Hon. Derick Uhunmwagho.

Labour Party's House of Assembly candidate for Egor Constituency, Hon. Derick.I.Uhunmwagho otherwise known as Mr. White, has recently pledged to remain committed to the welfare of Egor people, and also ensure utmost Security for them, If he's elected as representative of Egor Constituency in Edo State. He disclosed this in an interview with Makia News on wednesday at G.R.A Benin City.

Hon. Derick, who is the immediate past Councilor of ward 7 Egor LGA, said governance is service to humanity while he lamented on the current woes of leadership facing our society. According to him “ It is unfortunate that we live in a society where leaders have turned it to service to them selves and their families they have forgotten that it is more glorious to write their name in gold than to be remembered as a leader who used the people for his selfish gain.”

While speaking on his inspirations for selfless service to the people, Hon. Derrick said the Lacuna in real Leadership inspired him to make a change. According to him: “Our society lacks servant leadership, we are in a society where leaders who were elected by citizens , see themselves as Demi gods, as soon as they attain positions of authority, they are no longer accessible.

“We are in a society where leaders have fail to realize that their primary functions to ensure the welfare of citizens, that they ought to lift the economic standard of its people .
There are a lot of problems surrounding leadership in our society. And it requires folks with the right ideology of Leadership, to step into the position of governance in order to effect this change that is seriously needed.” he stated

He declared openly, that his leadership falls under the concept of Ubuntu which means “ I am because you are, you are because I am” a system that is characterized by communalism. He expressed great concerns in ensuring growth of the Egor economy and unveiled incredible plans to amplify entrepreneurship in order to tackle the issue of unemployment in his constituency, adding that they will be trained and repositioned for employment.

The former Councillor further pledged, to secure gainful employment for citizens by engaging in activities that will boost the Economy, such as partnering with Companies as well as Non governmental organizations and other well meaning individuals who are interested in the welfare of the people, to assist in engaging them economically.

Hon. Derick did not fail to give emphasis to his intentions on improving the state of infrastructure in Egor Constituency, when he spoke extensively on ways to Improve infrastructure in the Egor metropolis. He assured that he will make Egor a top priority of Edo state government in terms of infrastructure and Developmental project such as streetlights

During the interview, he spoke on his achievements as Councilor and highlighted one of his major achievements as the birth of Uselu Economic Forum . A forum that led to the improvement of 310 businesses. He further recapped a time in his administration , when he engaged in repair of dilapidated roads by filling and grading 16 earth roads, in Egor and also offered scholarships to 500 pupils in Olua primary school. During the lockdown in 2020, with a budget of 7500 each, him and his team, distributed over 300 packs of palliatives to citizens . He also distributed packages in likes of rice, tomatoes Chicken etc. during the festive season with over 400 people benefiting from it. As well as engaging in the distribution of household wares to 200 people across the Constituency. He further stated that his Candidature will Centre on Economic Upliftment of his Constituents.

Although his team has started campaigning, Hon. Derick lamented the high cost of funding his Campaign which he identified to be 22million naira. According to him, due to the responsibilities associated with being a breadwinner, it will be difficult to raise 22 million naira to prosecute electioneering campaign and logistics from his business , adding that aside from the issue of funding, he is good to go.

(1) (Reply)

774, 000 Job Scam, Tinubu Has Taught Keyamo How To Steal / Zamfara PDP Governorship Primary Nullified Once More Says Court / The Tyranny Of The Vocal Minority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.