Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele (18608 Views)

2023: God’s Wrath Waiting – Sule Lamido Threatens Jonathan Over Defection To APC / Abike Dabiri Has Not Called Us - Family Of Man Killed By Her Orderly / Babajide Sanwo-olu: My Encounter With The Biggest Change Lagos Has Ever Seen. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by sol2022: 5:04pm On Oct 23, 2022
The Deputy Governorship Candidate of the PDP in Lagos State, Ms Funke Akindele, says God called her and the PDP Governorship Candidate, Dr Abdul-Azeez Adediran (Jandor) to change the story of the state if elected in 2023.

Akindele, a popular Nollywood Actress, made this remark at the Sunday Worship Service of the Ayo Ni O Cherubim and Seraphim Movement Church, Surulere District, Badagry Circuit Headquarters.

According to her, God has been with her right from birth and He is interested in her aspirations to make Lagos state work for all segments and divisions of the state.

“God has been with me from infant till I went to school and till now. He chose me to be the deputy governorship candidate of the PDP, despite the crowd that struggled to be chosen.

“I give God all the glory for what he has done. God has always been doing the best for me.

“We were called by God, if not we would have backed out. People have suffered but God has called us and put us forward to come and change the story of Lagos state to better. The success of Lagos state is ours,” she said.

Akindele thanked the church leaders for prayers and support.

Leading a congregational prayer session for Akindele, Snr Apostle Akinwale Pearse, the Chairman, Caretaker Committee of the church, urged members of the church to pray to God to fulfil the aspirations of the deputy governorship candidate.

Speaking, Dr Sunday Hunyinbo, the Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, Badagry Local Government Area, commended Akindele and Adediran for seeking God and his blessings in their aspirations.

Hunyinbo urged the deputy governorship candidate and her principal to live the talk and fulfill all the promises made to the people during their campaigns if they emerged victorious in 2023.

“This time around it should not be business as usual. I saw sincerity of purpose in them when Jandor met with us yesterday. Badagry has been marginalised enough.

“We are praying for you. God will take you there. I am neither an APC or PDP or LP member but God’s will will be fulfilled. God will back you up,” Hunyinbo said.

In his sermon, Pastor Adedokun Adewale, who stressed the need for all people to fear God, said that man’s disobedience and sins led to his fall from the creation.

According to him, the fall of man is not the end as God is merciful and faithful, requiring repentance from man to avoid eternal death.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Adediran and Akindele flagged off their campaigns on Wednesday to begin the tour of 245 wards across the 20 local government areas of the state.

While Adediran continued to hold meetings with critical community stakeholders and groups in the area, Akindele had been touring various markets and churches to seek support ahead of the general elections. (NAN)
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/2023-god-called-us-to-change-lagos-story-funke-akindele/?fbclid=IwAR1yJLfHIHG_JDHOetmOWRpNcyKlStTiqvqEr9lMpnRcw6nXG5ZHAg29bIA

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by hisexcellency34: 5:06pm On Oct 23, 2022
jenifa

10 Likes

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by inoki247: 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
You sure say no be Glo customer care call you cause the signal from where the call came from no clear shocked shocked sad

187 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by KUNZEH(m): 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
grin
Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by Curious345: 5:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
inoki247:
shocked shocked sad
very true
Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by Curious345: 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2022
ANYTHING BUT TINUBU IS FINE

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by taylor88(m): 5:27pm On Oct 23, 2022
I’m 100% obidient but I’ll vote Sanwo Olu than Jandor and mannerless Funke

I no dey play tribal or party politics I vote individual

But I’ll rather vote for Portable Zazuu for president than vote Tinubu

Tinubu said he single handledly built Lagos but couldn’t rebuild his village sign post in Irigbaji

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by kingthreat(m): 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
How about your marriage story after being married to two polygamists. Any calling on that?

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by vengertime: 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
I wish her and PDP all the best, but coming next year February Labour party gets our votes.

We no dey share votes this time around. So if Jandor can cause trouble in Tinubu stronghold for us that will be helpful

7 Likes

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by datola: 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
Jennifer the comedian!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by wellmax(m): 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by Wawelexy(m): 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
Call or Flash? Well, you both are indirectly APC member too that's indirectly working for APC... we sabi the game plan

5 Likes

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by wellmax(m): 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
Jokers everywhere.

Which god call you, Sango or ahmadiaoha

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by Jokerman(m): 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
Lol.... grin

Sorry you can't beat Sanwo Eko in Lagos... Omo wa ni...

Our only interest is to vote Peter Obi for Nigeria to change....

Only atenujés want old hungry Bat.... grin

I implore every sane, educated and God fasting person to vote Peter Obi

3 Likes

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by jaxxy(m): 5:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
shut up and go fix ur marriage.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by MissLeslie(m): 5:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
Na 9mobile call u, mumu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by Curious345: 5:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
Hnmm
Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by israelmao(m): 5:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
If PDP does its homework well this time around Lagos may fall for PDP.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by SmilingImabong: 5:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
angry

Jennifer dey dream big

4 Likes

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by okomile(f): 5:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
Story teller grin
We dey wait

1 Like

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by sirjoggy(m): 5:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
You dey carry acting enter politics
ok continue acting

1 Like

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by Brendaniel: 5:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
It is well
Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by SHIVA001: 5:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
Which story you still wan change? the one wey Tinubu don change abi which one, Jagaban 2023. zombies dont exist here.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by Toluwanise247(m): 5:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
Prophetess funke akindele. Tell us who will win presidential election……. Abi God never tell you or reveal it to you .

1 Like

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by MrCuteking(m): 5:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
My people, no lie abeg. Shey this country never tire una?

1 Like

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by 2Radii: 5:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
Jokers all around grin
Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by DenreleDave(m): 5:31pm On Oct 23, 2022
grin grin

Please nairalanders; i just got a job offer on the island.. Lekki..... Is there anyone who can help accommodate only for the weekend days... By the weekend, i will go to my place on the mainland and return back on the Monday. I can always manage no matter how small it is...

I am peaceful, and of good character.... The job will really be of much growth to my career and i don't want to reject it..... Also i don't have enough to secure a small place for now...

I will be very grateful if i can be helped..

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by abbasajao(m): 5:31pm On Oct 23, 2022
You no go even see vote reach Jimi Agbaje.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by vixeg: 5:31pm On Oct 23, 2022
you won't even see 100k vote

1 Like

Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by barbstee(m): 5:32pm On Oct 23, 2022
Which kind call be that?

Or maybe she thought she was acting film Sha

Call my foot!
Re: 2023: God Called Us To Change Lagos Story — Funke Akindele by MeaslesMumpsRub: 5:32pm On Oct 23, 2022
Curious345:
ANYTHING BUT TINUBU IS FINE

IPOB TERRORIST spotted.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CJN Ariwoola's Comment On Makinde, G5 Govs Was Twisted - Supreme Court / Nigeria Risks US Arms Embargo Over Alleged Protesters’ Killings By Soldiers / Darius Ishaku Arrives Ekiti For Thanskgiving (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.