Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? (14611 Views)

Buy Food Online In Keffi - Order Food Online - Food Delivery / Order Food Online In Ojo / Order Food Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Luak(m): 11:43am On Oct 24, 2022
isaiah4life:
Our moms used to tell us not to accept meals from strangers but now, we order food online without knowing who cooked it.

Why?
our culture has lost a lot to civilisation and we're completely helpless.
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by RestructureNig1: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2022
We are in 21st century
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by RPG2020(m): 11:44am On Oct 24, 2022
isaiah4life:
Our moms used to tell us not to accept meals from strangers but now, we order food online without knowing who cooked it.

Why?

All die na die stop living in the past
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Bobbiee: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2022
Because our parents are not as smart as we think they are. Afterall, our parents are the leaders currently mismanaging this country
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by blingxx(m): 11:47am On Oct 24, 2022
DennisEche:
Guy why you de use washing machine when yowur hand dey?

Perfect example .. nobody like stress normal .. technology is here to stay evolve or remain in the dark forever

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Llight101(m): 11:47am On Oct 24, 2022
I think this is a different case. Here you order food with your money but then,
That was just a free meal from either known or random persons. grin grin
It was even a sign that either your family is not capable of feeding you well or you are not well trained.

How our world has changed so fast. Then having visitors was a great income source, but at the end all the money will still go to grand Ma shocked grin
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by BloomingDale(f): 11:51am On Oct 24, 2022
Mutuwa:

Aside from the fact that there is good money in food business, however it is laced with some counterproductive aroma not all and sundry can easily see. I recall a family in Abuja where the couples both work. The 5 day routine of waking up early to bathe the kids, have breakfast and drop them off in school and head to work, all before the inevitable holdup spelt untold hardships.

So usually on her way back, she would pick up food for dinner with the level fatigue built up. Problem is you don’t even know the hygiene of the eatery. Forget the packaging ,looks and aroma. It will spell on your health sooner or later.

As the couple got used to eating outside and cooking weekend, they extended such to their weekend as well. A time came when the husband craved for something home, with a touch of natural ingredients. The wife having been comfortable with buying outside rebelled and so it continued.

At some point he met a younger lady in the art of enticing people using her culinary skills. And that was when the wife saw that someone in her husband she never knew.

They both work. The man should have been picking up the food or cooking too. He should go for the other lady na. After awhile she will dump him and entice the next man.
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Mathain19(m): 11:53am On Oct 24, 2022
It is better to prepare a meal for yourself and family taking accurate precautions .
Forget packaging or taste derived from fast food vendors ..
You only know what you take into your stomach when you do proper research about the hygienic standards of their staffs and kitchen which will blow your mind or scare you only if you are observant and smart. ... ... ...
Dia food dey delicious ........ I Swear
Patronise dem...
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by marsup: 12:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
Because we are weak and lazy.....
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by phemmyfour: 12:04pm On Oct 24, 2022
isaiah4life:

Why?
Don't you eat at eateries n canteens? What difference does that make
Besides, eateries n canteens ain't strangers
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by kunleiky(m): 12:04pm On Oct 24, 2022
Basiljoe:
Technology and Evolution don't care about emotions or old ways of doing things.

Evolve or Die.
That quote carry weight.
True though
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Litmus: 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2022
handsomeyinka:
Our culture is our problem

No it's not, it's your people's million years of know-how gift to you. Without cultural heritage, you're just a scavenger or, due to modernity, a consumer. Culture is not meant to be static or your descendants won't benefit from your input to the collective ancestral knowledge. This means you can make amendments.
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Eastcoastboy(m): 12:06pm On Oct 24, 2022
megamank:

Some people are just too lazy or wealthy to spend time and cook a good meal for them selves with fresh items well processed...
Cooking is stressful but all very helpful...
Most of these food we order are basically junks and processed allot of chemical spices that ends up sending us to the hospital in future...
In a summary ordering for food is not so bad but should be seriously limited to only based on necessities

Yeah true. What pains me much about cooking is you will spend 15-20 minutes or more to prepare a meal then down it within 5-7 minutes why?!

Although I enjoy home cooked meal for ultimate satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by TheGift: 12:09pm On Oct 24, 2022
isaiah4life:

Why?

Same as going to a restaurant. You "know" who cooked it. If anything happens , the order can be traced back to a specific source.
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by asanausana91: 12:16pm On Oct 24, 2022
That is why people are dieing anyhow this days
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Burgerlomo: 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2022
isaiah4life:

Why?

Because we're in a digital world and I believe our mothers will gladly do the same thing if they found themselves in our position.
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by nedekid: 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2022
Nothing persin no go read for nairaland.

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by alabo1: 12:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
pocohantas:
Funny question. There were fast foods back in the day na. Mr Biggs and all. Though they were reserved for special seasons.

Currently people are getting busier and lazier too. I used to think I would never use a cleaning service, but after working 45hrs a week, I found myself contacting one.

It takes a lot of time and effort to make a good meal. So some people would rather focus on what pays the bills and allow petty errands sort themselves out.

I order food when I am tired or just craving something different. I still do all my cooking myself though. I think it is one easy way to cut cost and eat what you are sure of.

I don't think lazy has a role to play. The demands during the work week usually leaves one too tired. For me i cook on weekends ensure it is finished and washed up by Sunday so i am free till the next weekend from such chores
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by GistFullGround: 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2022

It's because of "COPY-COPY"!

Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by Freshgrace4life(f): 12:58pm On Oct 24, 2022
Na person wey get money sha dey order , na to do ila alespo with panla chop..
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by sayso: 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2022
isaiah4life:

Why?
even then there was mama put.
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:10pm On Oct 24, 2022
Our parents were very foolish.

Stop letting foolish people control your lives.
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by 1Sharon(f): 1:33pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lmaaoo..why do Nigerians have sex before marriage even though their parents told them not to?
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by CaptainFM1: 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2022
isaiah4life:

Why?

In 21st century world, you can virtually do everything online now. You meet your wife online, school online, worship online, banking online, communicate online.

Online doesn't necessarily mean meeting strangers because you can actually vet people you meet online as well. It's up to you to do the vetting.
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by babajero(m): 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
When hunger twist your stomach, you look left and right no food, you'll order by force.

I do order sometimes not because I'm lazy to cook my own meals but because I'm too tired!!! Body no be firewood o.
Though it's expensive to order but it saves a lot of stress and from collapsing.
After saying that you are not lazy, you now later described how lazy you are.
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by 27Pushing30: 1:43pm On Oct 24, 2022
Our parents did not say we should not accept meals from strangers...

Learn to understand... they meant we should not take food from people that they (OUR) parents don't know!

Going further when food is given to us by people that they (our) parents know then we are to keep it until they (our) parents get home and show them first.

That is you AS a CHILD.

As an ADULT - that's a different thing entirely. You're now old and witty enough to "read the room"
isaiah4life:

Why?
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by babajero(m): 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
pocohantas:
Funny question. There were fast foods back in the day na. Mr Biggs and all. Though they were reserved for special seasons.

Currently people are getting busier and lazier too. I used to think I would never use a cleaning service, but after working 45hrs a week, I found myself contacting one.

It takes a lot of time and effort to make a good meal. So some people would rather focus on what pays the bills and allow petty errands sort themselves out.

I order food when I am tired or just craving something different. I still do all my cooking myself though. I think it is one easy way to cut cost and eat what you are sure of.
You are the real reason buhari called Nigerian youth lazy because he himself has been lazy all along, so he knows what lazy is. So you worked 45 hours in a week and that makes you so weak or lazy to do your personal clean up, 45 hours that is less than 2 days in a week o.
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by dannykares: 1:58pm On Oct 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
When hunger twist your stomach, you look left and right no food, you'll order by force.

I do order sometimes not because I'm lazy to cook my own meals but because I'm too tired!!! Body no be firewood o.
Though it's expensive to order but it saves a lot of stress and from collapsing.
4 how long will u continue to order wen u can go 4 easy food such as noodles wen u knw won't take much time , u rest to regain ur strength later u prepare wat will last u
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by dannykares: 2:05pm On Oct 24, 2022
pocohantas:

U work 45hrs per week and order for food that won't reach u within 5mins wen de short time I can prepare noodles and rest later u cook something reasonable Nigerian ladies re just lazy
Re: Why Do We Order Food Online Even When Our Parents Trained Us Not To? by pocohantas(f): 2:10pm On Oct 24, 2022
dannykares:

U work 45hrs per week and order for food that won't reach u within 5mins wen de short time I can prepare noodles and rest later u cook something reasonable Nigerian ladies re just lazy

I think you have comprehension problems. Where did you read that I order food because I work 45hrs a week? And why assume we all eat noodles? Whatever your issues are, do not project them on me. Thank you.

babajero:
You are the real reason buhari called Nigerian youth lazy because he himself has been lazy all along, so he knows what lazy is. So you worked 45 hours in a week and that makes you so weak or lazy to do your personal clean up, 45 hours that is less than 2 days in a week o.

Another mentally deficient human. How is 45hrs a week less than two days? You work the 45hrs at a stretch? And why should I stress myself cleaning the whole house when someone can do it for 5k and I won’t even feel it. Do you know how much I would earn if I use the hours of cleaning to work?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pepper Soup Spice Mix / ~ Favourite Biscuits/Cookies ?~ / A List Of Some Of Nigeria's Best Food Blogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.