Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach (13815 Views)

Carrick To Lead United Against Arsenal Following Rangnick's Work Visa Issues / Arsenal Announce Mikel Arteta As Their New Head Coach / Real Madrid Appoints Julen Lopetegui As New Head Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by HonNL: 2:55pm On Oct 24, 2022
The club is delighted to announce the appointment of Michael Carrick as Head Coach.

Michael brings a wealth of experience to the club having spent 12 years as a player at Manchester United before coaching and caretaker managing the Old Trafford club.

The 41-year-old, one of the most decorated English players of all-time, joined Manchester United’s coaching staff in 2018 following his retirement as a player.

He worked with Jose Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer before being asked to take on the number one job on a caretaker basis. The 41-year-old’s three games at the helm produced wins against Villareal and Arsenal, and a draw at Chelsea.

“We’re delighted to welcome Michael to the club,” said Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson.

“We had identified a number of potentials for the vacancy who we spoke with, and were impressed by all, but Michael was the outstanding candidate.

“Michael has the same values as the club, and we are very much aligned in our ambitions.

“We see Michael as the perfect fit for us and he believes this is the right club at the right time.”

The former England international is a five-time Premier League winner and also won the Champions League and Europa League while at Old Trafford.

“I’m really excited to be here and to be part of a club with such a deep history and tradition,” said Carrick.

"Middlesbrough was the first professional club I played for as a nine-year old boy, so it’s a very special feeling to be back here as a head coach.

"Growing up in the north-east myself I’m fully aware of what football means to people. It’s a real privilege for me to be in this position and to feel all the passion and enthusiasm you’ve got for the game and for Boro.

"I’ll give everything to help develop the team and keep moving the club forward and make you the supporters proud.

"I can’t wait to get started.”

Michael will be joined by Jonathan Woodgate as First Team Coach with a further appointment expected.

Woodgate was previously the club’s head coach after cutting his teeth with the Under-18s and he also guided AFC Bournemouth to the Championship play-offs in 2021.

The club would like to place on record its thanks to Leo Percovich and the staff who worked with him and supported him during the interim period. Leo will now become the club’s Head of Player Pathway and Development.

SOURCE

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by ambience(m): 3:07pm On Oct 24, 2022
Why dem no give ole ? sad

1 Like

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by Abfinest007(m): 3:08pm On Oct 24, 2022
I wish him well.let see how it progress bcuz he uses his mouth more

6 Likes

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by floss(m): 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lol
Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by Lereba(m): 3:13pm On Oct 24, 2022
Wonderful
Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by emmabest2000(m): 3:13pm On Oct 24, 2022
Small time now them go sack him

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by Kingpele(m): 3:13pm On Oct 24, 2022
Congratulations Carrick

6 Likes

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by optimistfeel(m): 3:14pm On Oct 24, 2022
Welcome to Boro........ Michael Carrick, well deserved cos u tried to explore more in Man UTD coaching work but unfortunately Man UTD board didn't give u chance........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by monnex: 3:14pm On Oct 24, 2022
Looks like you are confusing him for someone else
Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by viqSmallz(m): 3:14pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lets see if he is the real deal. Move the club to premier league football and retain them, then you would have proven your mettle to be a to coach.

Playing football isnt same as managing.

12 Likes

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by ufuosman(m): 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
Congrats Carrick

1 Like

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by VeryWickedMan: 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
Another overrated English Bleep to be fired in 6 months.

2 Likes

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by OBTOREPA(m): 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
Congrats big bro.,I wish you success.

2 Likes

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by MeaslesMumpsRub: 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
Nice One Carrick.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by monnex: 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
Abfinest007:
I wish him well.let see how it progress bcuz he uses his mouth more
Looks like you are confusing him for someone else

11 Likes

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by Emu4life(m): 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
Lol, Man Utd IT coach that yearcheesy Better than Ragnarok IMO

2 Likes

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by SouthSouth1914: 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
Another England former player waiting to be disgraced on management level.

3 Likes

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by Seakay(m): 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2022
The Club owners after his first 10 matches. grin

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by Oypodeq: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2022
Good one
Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by olabode100: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2022
I have faith in this guy. He has been tried and tested.

1 Like

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by spy24(m): 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2022
Carrick was a better coach than rangnick at Manchester united

9 Likes

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by Frank150: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2022
Wow.... I like Carrick.. so calm and he was a good midfielder

1 Like

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by aboyaji(m): 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
The opportunity that Manchester United missed.

Michael Carrick... A great coach. He'll outperform his contemporaries
Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by sofeo(m): 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2022
Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by princeemmma(m): 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2022
Accepting a job of a team that are currently at the relegation zone is a dead end
Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by DWJOBScom(m): 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2022
I wish him all the best
Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by Treasure17(m): 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2022
Another ole.
Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by babajero(m): 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2022
41 years and already a manager after being assistant for sometime now, while one player almost 38 years still dey follow children dey drag position.

2 Likes

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by ATEAMS: 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Middlesbrough Announce Michael Carrick As New Head Coach by saheedbadmus(m): 3:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
Congratulations Michael Carrick

Mean while , is your event around the corner, let our well trained,experienced Nd well equipped bouncers secure your events ..for bookings and inquiries, call on us today @SANTOMA SECURITY

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rio 2016: ITTF To Honour Segun Toriola For His 7th Olympic Appearance / Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? / Who Is The Most Successful And Richest Nigerian Footballer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.