Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) (3061 Views)

N200 Highest Denomination Will Reduce Inflation / Senator Suggests N100 As Highest Denomination In Circulation / MKO On N1500 Denomination: Bad Riddance To Bad Rubbishi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by Dalnadoni: 9:56am On Oct 25, 2022
dmz1:
Imagine if our biggest denomination is N50. online transactions using POS and debit cards would have taken off strongly. Corruptions would have been easier to trace as the money trail would follow every large money transfers.
I swear...corruption will be so hard.

1 Like

Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:30am On Oct 25, 2022
dmz1:

Tell me something. Is it really true?
Yes ooo

Except something miraculous happen to avert the impending catastrophe
Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by Coolguy34(m): 11:05am On Oct 25, 2022
It's not about the currency, all these lies about our wicked government that keeps stealing from us, always telling us empty promises on every election.
I'm glad Nigerians are now awake and ready to take back our dear country from wicked souls.

I do data entry-related jobs and I'm good at it hire me and I'll give you a perfect job kindly check my signature for my contact.
Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by SeunNotOwner: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:

I searched for BDC, black market and parallel market rate on Google, only Nigeria keep coming up.
Nawaoooo...

Buhari and Meffi fault for this, they are doing this deliberately.
These two are chopping the Dollar like groundnut
Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by Dalnadoni: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2022
Coolguy34:
It's not about the currency, all these lies about our wicked government that keeps stealing from us, always telling us empty promises on every election.
I'm glad Nigerians are now awake and ready to take back our dear country from wicked souls.

PO is coming in 2023
Obi/Datti.

I do data entry-related jobs and I'm good at it hire me and I'll give you a perfect job kindly check my signature for my contact.
Are you sure our currency is not the problem? Tell me the problem pls
Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by SeunNotOwner: 11:12am On Oct 25, 2022
Coolguy34:

PO is coming in 2023
Obi/Datti.

Remove your Political affiliation if you must advertise your business
Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by Coolguy34(m): 11:23am On Oct 25, 2022
SeunTheOwner:

Remove your Political affiliation if you must advertise your business
cool alright I understand. Thanks
Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by Coolguy34(m): 11:23am On Oct 25, 2022
Dalnadoni:
Are you sure our currency is not the problem? Tell me the problem pls
our corrupt leaders
Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by Dalnadoni: 11:31am On Oct 25, 2022
Coolguy34:
our corrupt leaders
True... But i strongly believe if 1000naira note and probably 500naira note too can be removed. Naira may be strong again.
Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by budaatum: 12:28pm On Oct 25, 2022
Dalnadoni:
Exactly my point...we should have still be making more use of the 1naira coin...and maybe 50kobo sef.

Lamido would have spoil things with 5000 naira note.

No one told you not to make use of ₦1 coin, which incidentally used to be a note.

What scrapped ₦1 was inflation, which made ₦1 worth next to nothing, and inflation was caused by overconsumption of non-value added imported goods.

Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by Dalnadoni: 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2022
OAM4J Mynd44

nlfpmod
Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by Dalnadoni: 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2022
Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by Dalnadoni: 3:41pm On Oct 26, 2022
We should be looking to remove this notes not redesigning it na...
Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by Dalnadoni: 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2022
Isn't this Misplaced priority on behave of the government?

OAM4J Mynd44
nlfpmod
Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by SeunNotOwner: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
Coolguy34:
cool alright I understand. Thanks
As I dey so I have benefited from 3 party this season.
Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by Coolguy34(m): 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2022
SeunTheOwner:

As I dey so I have benefited from 3 party this season.
cheesy
Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by OsunOriginal: 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
Dalnadoni:
The rate at which the naira is losing value made me wonder how things would have been like if #500 note is our highest denomination we have in Nigeria. Common #100 can't buy any reasonable thing in this country.

I think the inclusion of #1000 note made things really expensive and if there were to be #5000 note, things would have been worse.

Where did we get it wrong? Which naira note do you think should have been our highest denomination?
And do you think #5000 note would have been a good idea in this country considering our present economy?
What do you think should be done to make the naira strong again?

Who carries notes around again? Notes value will only have implications for looters and those who are into illicit activities. The highest denomination should be N100 to further frustrate these sets of people and also further encourage the move to cashless economy.
Re: If #500 Was Our Highest Denomination (pix) by Dalnadoni: 10:32pm On Oct 26, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Who carries notes around again? Notes value will only have implications for looters and those who are into illicit activities. The highest denomination should be N100 to further frustrate these sets of people and also further encourage the move to cashless economy.
This is So true...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu the Man With A Great Vision: The New Lagos Tinubu Already Built And More / Who Is Dating The First Lady? / Nigerians Lambast Tinubu On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.