Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,860 members, 7,866,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:53 PM

Rishi Sunak Officially Becomes UK PM After Meeting King Charles (pictured) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Rishi Sunak Officially Becomes UK PM After Meeting King Charles (pictured) (451 Views)

Former UK Prime Minister, David Cameron Becomes UK Foreign Secretary / Rishi Sunak: 18 Things To Know About Incoming UK Prime Minister (Photos) / Rishi Sunak To Become UK PM Tomorrow, After Meeting With King Charles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rishi Sunak Officially Becomes UK PM After Meeting King Charles (pictured) by Fira09(m): 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2022
Rishi Sunak on Tuesday, October 25, became the UK’s prime minister following a meeting with King Charles III.

The tradition sees the monarch invite the leader of the party with the highest number of MPs to form a government, which since the 2019 general election has been the Conservatives.

In a speech outside 10 Downing Street after the meeting, Sunak said: "Our country is facing a profound economic crisis. The aftermath of Covid still lingers, Putin’s war in Ukraine has destabilized energy markets and supply chains the world over."

He paid tribute to his predecessor Liz Truss, who he said was "not wrong" to want to improve U.K. growth.

He said, "some mistakes were made," not "borne of ill will or bad intentions" but "mistakes nonetheless" and he had been elected "in part to fix them."

He added: "I will place economic stability and confidence at the heart of the government’s agenda. This will mean difficult decisions to come. But you saw me during Covid doing everything I could to protect people and businesses with schemes like furlough. There are always limits, more so than ever, but I promise you this. I will bring that same compassion to the challenges we face today."

Sunak is now expected to begin appointing new cabinet figures in yet another reshuffle at the top of British politics.

He was elected party leader by fellow Conservative lawmakers on Monday, October 24, following the resignation of Truss on Thursday, October 20.

Sunak is the third prime minister the UK will have in one year.

SOURCE

Mynd44 nlfpmod

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rishi Sunak Officially Becomes UK PM After Meeting King Charles (pictured) by Moh247: 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2022
cool

He is inheriting a UK Which is upside down due to Energy crisis and Brexit

Suddenly UK racist need a Migrants son to rescue them

Again Nigeria is facing 3 options

A Capitalist Atiku that would sell every country asset to his friends while floating Naira

A Minimalist and partly Capitalist Obi who imports Ordinary Tomato paste or ketchup, wants to end subsidy, produces nothing, own no farm, buys no local goods

A Social Democrat Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Who believes in Cheap Mass transport system like BRT, Lagos Rail, Lagos Boat, Offers free education and WAEC fees

Re: Rishi Sunak Officially Becomes UK PM After Meeting King Charles (pictured) by Righteousness2(m): 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2022
Strange weird times !
WEF king
WEF Pm
Klaus Schwab, Noah yuval Harari and their gang will be laughing hard behind the curtain.
Perfect combination for Control, Deception and Demolition.

The world needs serious Intercessors oooo
UK people pray oooo.

1 Like

Re: Rishi Sunak Officially Becomes UK PM After Meeting King Charles (pictured) by Righteousness2(m): 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Suddenly UK racist need a millionaire Migrants son to rescue them

He is not a millionaire migrant son. He is a the son of a migrant married to a billionaire's daughter.

1 Like

Re: Rishi Sunak Officially Becomes UK PM After Meeting King Charles (pictured) by Moh247: 12:49pm On Oct 25, 2022
Righteousness2:

He is not a millionaire migrant son. He is a the son of a migrant married to a billionaire's daughter.

Oh. Ok I thought his family owns retail outlets in Uk
Re: Rishi Sunak Officially Becomes UK PM After Meeting King Charles (pictured) by Righteousness2(m): 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2022
Moh247:

Oh. Ok I thought his family owns retail outlets in Uk

Rishi Sunak, the new British prime minister, also becomes the richest leader in British history. A former banker to the globalists Goldman Sachs, his net worth is estimated at over 800 million euros. A fortune that comes in particular from his marriage to wealthy Indian heiress Akshata Murty.

1 Like

Re: Rishi Sunak Officially Becomes UK PM After Meeting King Charles (pictured) by Moh247: 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2022
Righteousness2:

Rishi Sunak, the new British prime minister, also becomes the richest leader in British history. A former banker to the globalists Goldman Sachs, his net worth is estimated at over 800 million euros. A fortune that comes in particular from his marriage to wealthy Indian heiress Akshata Murty.

Ok thanks

I just confirmed on his wiki

1 Like

Re: Rishi Sunak Officially Becomes UK PM After Meeting King Charles (pictured) by RepoMan007: 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2022
What is he going to do?
Limited resources and growing needs under dwindling supplies of goods. I don't envy him.
Re: Rishi Sunak Officially Becomes UK PM After Meeting King Charles (pictured) by Teaser4(m): 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2022
Shey na God save the PM we go type Abi na congratulations…..

Sunak my guy.

Upon all the grass wey Liz do, she no last

Wish you the best Rishi

(1) (Reply)

Russian Defense Ministry: Ukraine Has Intensified Preparations For Invasion / King Charles Has BBC Cameraman Thrown Out Of Westminster Abbey / Thomas Blasts Jackson's 'Race-Infused World View' In Affirmative Action Ruling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.