Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State (35024 Views)

Court Nullifies All PDP Primary Elections In Ogun State / Court Nullifies APC Primaries In Rivers State / APC Governorship Primaries In 27 States (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by lagosrd: 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2022
Wike don see una finish
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by okorogodwin4(m): 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
tinsel:

Read politics well. How sure are you Tinubu is not in this plan so Wike can have it soft in Rivers?
mumu urchin the same way tinobu nullified APC in the last election in Rivers

1 Like

Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by garfield1: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Where's garfield1
This is massive blow
How will he take it

To amechi who you claim isn't working for tinubu
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by okorogodwin4(m): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2022
I stand with tillubuus manhood let his urchins begin to wail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by Graysons: 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2022
saintkeppy:

Not when Gov. Wike is at the helm of Affairs in the Brick House.
And what will Wike do? You think Rivers State is Obio/Apkor? Atiku is getting 50% votes in Rivers state,Wike can do his worst
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by Graysons: 8:52pm On Oct 25, 2022
Jflex07:
We are robots in rivers state abi
You can vote for who you want to vote Oga. One thing I know for sure is Atiku will get vote here
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by garfield1: 8:55pm On Oct 25, 2022
slimmoney:
something wey APC wan use sacrifice for wike in order for wike to deliver presidential election for APC.

Very possible
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by garfield1: 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2022
Demigod22:
Rotimi Amaechi is really irrelevant in Rivers State right now. Even when Tony Cole is on ballot,he will still lose.

The governorship election is between Fabara and Magnus Abe, I don't think only Ogoni can make Magnus a governor. As it stands right now, PDP will win that election.

I don't know why Magnus Abe will be campaigning with Tinubu's picture.

He will deliver ogoni to tinubu and become godfather of rivers in tinubu govt
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by garfield1: 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2022
Shikamaru1:
it will be annulled by the supreme court, and before that time the elections would be over.. grin

The judgment will not stand.it is non justiciable
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by Foolishbuhari: 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Wike signed the deal with Tinubu and Buhari

Ameachi won't like this at all

Delusion of grandeur. Y'all will learn new things wallahi grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by saintkeppy(m): 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2022
Graysons:
And what will Wike do? You think Rivers State is Obio/Apkor? Atiku is getting 50% votes in Rivers state,Wike can do his worst

50% votes in your dreams or Atiku's dreams.
With Wike's foot soldiers employed as polling units officers to man over 6000 polling units in Rivers State on 25th February, 2023.

1 Like

Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by Thedon22: 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2022
Urheadmaster:
How I wish the same court can nullifies APC presidential primary election tongue undecided
Seems you people are now scared that Tinubu is going to win the election and you have now resorted to wishing your rivals ill-luck. Sorry for you in advance as Tinubu is sworn in.
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by iiifedimma(f): 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2022
Esiro:
Please someone should please help me with little money to be able to cook something to eat please haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning pls. It's hard for me and my family to survive please no matter how small, it will still help please. May God bless you and may you never lack
Account num:
GT Bank
Angel Oyom

everyone please don't mind this fraudsters anything you send to him nah to drinks and catch fun wth it please don't mind this man he has always been using this same format to still defraud a lot of people on Nairaland
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by LALABOSS(m): 9:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by odinga1of: 9:25pm On Oct 25, 2022
fergie001:

I will.

However, Supreme Court has settled the Delta PDP issue. Sherriff is the Candidate.

https://www.nairaland.com/7393982/2023-supreme-court-affirms-sherriff#117747766

Thanks bro, always a pleasure reading your comments/insights

1 Like

Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by fergie001: 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2022
Aiel123:

Thanks in advance

odinga1of:

Bros, plz mention me too. And any updates about Delta PDP (Sheriff and Edevbie case?)

garfield1:

Luckily,tinubu isn't depending on rivers apc

From the little I understand, certain persons were excluded from participating in the Congress.

- Does the Court have the power to question the Congresses of any Party?

1. The SC has ruled many times that Delegates Congresses are internal affairs of a Political Party BUT it can be questioned where the Party falls foul of the Provisions of its own Constitution.

I don't know the proof they were excluded that was brought before Justice Obile. (That's for another day).

2. Most importantly, the suit was filed by George Orlu, Henry Wali & 3 Ors.... These persons have defected to the SDP alongside Magnus Abe and therefore have no locus to institute this case.

3. The Supreme Court in Iyore Osagie & Ors v PDP; Victor Enoghama & Ors v PDP (i.e. the recent Edo PDP/Orbih crisis) stated that delegates who are not aspirants have no locus to challenge same in Court.

The Supreme Court in a lead judgement by Amina Augie JSC reiterated that by virtue of Section 84(14) of the Electoral Act, only aspirants who participated in the Primaries can approach the Court.

That is to say that Magnus Abe should have approached the Court if need be, however, he did not participate in the Rivers APC Guber Primaries.

The case should ordinarily be allowed on Appeal.

3 Likes

Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by ghanaman5050: 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2022
Esiro:
Please someone should please help me with little money to be able to cook something to eat please haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning pls. It's hard for me and my family to survive please no matter how small, it will still help please. May God bless you and may you never lack
Account num:
GT Bank
Angel Oyom
Why you open new account?
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by yahmohy27: 9:44pm On Oct 25, 2022
9jahotblog:
Haaa Another Wahala for APC in Rivers State.
Not wahala as per president vote
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by Odidigboigbo(m): 9:49pm On Oct 25, 2022
biggie73:
Jagaban has foresight. That's why he political romance Wike.
How does nullification of APC candidates in Rivers states favour Jagaban? It's was the primaries that was nullified not the party structure which is still under the control of Amaechi. So how will Wike fit in?
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by chrisxxx(m): 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2022
babaolofin:

Thanks. I was in PHC during the last gubernatorial election. Wike was the only contestant. Even when APC directed their members to vote another candidate in another party, that candidate was disqualified few days to election by court and no chance to appeal before election.

Wike knows APC has potential to be very strong in PHC. When a party has so much internal problems and cannot participate in crucial elections, it weakens morale of members.

Imagine Wike contested as the sole candidate the last time. Those mushrooms contestants from unknown parties already celebrated with Wike and collected their packages on the eve of election. It is not fair. They should allow APC to participate in election.
APC should do the right thing.
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by MoneyMustBMade(m): 9:56pm On Oct 25, 2022
Wike has only destroy apc before now that's why his afraid of decamping to apcm he knows apc will fail in River
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by Gfrank07: 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2022
AdamuKD:
grin
God has finally answered our prayers
Useless and evil party.
If you are supporting evil, evil will not depart from your house and your life
Una think say una wise, fools
Child of God na that same God go punish you..werey fellow
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by sehin79(m): 10:06pm On Oct 25, 2022
You can imagine Ameachi running for president..and he can’t unify APC in his own state.. atiku is the biggest loser here..if he doesn’t settle with wike…
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by NEIGHBOUR(m): 10:10pm On Oct 25, 2022
azpekuliar:
The coast is getting clearer for OBI in Rivers state.

Wait till February,23. E go shock una.
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by biggie73(m): 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2022
Odidigboigbo:
How does nullification of APC candidates in Rivers states favour Jagaban? It's was the primaries that was nullified not the party structure which is still under the control of Amaechi. So how will Wike fit in?
....Abe, Amaechi and Co. are Masters of litigation. Just like previous gubernatorial election, APC has no gubernatorial candidate courtesy of litigation in River's APC. So add it up, and stop bugging.
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by garfield1: 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
fergie001:

From the little I understand, certain persons were excluded from participating in the Congress.

- Does the Court have the power to question the Congresses of any Party?

1. The SC has ruled many times that Delegates Congresses are internal affairs of a Political Party BUT it can be questioned where the Party falls foul of the Provisions of its own Constitution.

I don't know the proof they were excluded that was brought before Justice Obile. (That's for another day).

2. Most importantly, the suit was filed by George Orlu, Henry Wali & 3 Ors.... These persons have defected to the SDP alongside Magnus Abe and therefore have no locus to institute this case.

3. The Supreme Court in Iyore Osagie & Ors v PDP; Victor Enoghama & Ors v PDP (i.e. the recent Edo PDP/Orbih crisis) stated that delegates who are not aspirants have no locus to challenge same in Court.

The Supreme Court in a lead judgement by Amina Augie JSC reiterated that by virtue of Section 84(14) of the Electoral Act, only aspirants who participated in the Primaries can approach the Court.

That is to say that Magnus Abe should have approached the Court if need be, however, he did not participate in the Rivers APC Guber Primaries.

The case should ordinarily be allowed on Appeal.

I was about to say this.it is non justiciable.it will end up like Adamawa case.
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by Confirmedzombie: 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2022
I dont know why people are rejoicing over nothing. Those who filed the suit have all defected to SDP.

However the amended electoral law allows for a fresh primary.

Since all have defected to SDP, they won't have any access to contest.

Amaechi still has the upper hand here. To be frank the 2023 election will not be easy for wike cos of SIM his candidate.

Tony Cole is gaining the upper hand as well as Abe.

A fresh primary will be conducted.

So I dont see reason why people should rejoice for nothing.

The APC executive may easily approve the expulsion for the aggrieved members.

Again APC might easily sacrifice the election for Wike to ensure ABE doesn't see the light of the day.
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by fergie001: 10:49pm On Oct 25, 2022
garfield1:
I was about to say this.it is non justiciable.it will end up like Adamawa case.

November is brewing:- A few Court cases here and there.
Re: Court Nullifies All APC Primaries In Rivers State by garfield1: 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2022
fergie001:

November is brewing:- A few Court cases here and there.

Apex court will dispense all before Feb...
Court has fixed Nov 24 for sandy vs otu and enang vs udofia.
The one I fear most is that of benue,akpabio,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Reviews CBN’s Ban On 41 Items / Melaye Blames APC Senators For Loss Of Deputy Senate President / CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.