Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora (1285 Views)

Shettima: It’ll Be Catastrophic For APC If Tinubu Loses Ticket / COVID-19: NIN Registration May Be Suspended – Health Minister Mamora / Adeleke Mamora, Minister Stops His Convoy To Clear Traffic In Apo, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by bennybuhari: 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Senator Adeleke Oloruninbe Mamora, Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) on Tuesday said it will be the miracle of the century if Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the Labour Party wins the 2023 presidential election.

Mamora, a chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), who said Obi lacks the needed structures to win the presidential election, added that despite contesting on the platform of LP, the former Anambra state governor is like an independent candidate.

Speaking on a Channels Television programme monitored by DAILY INDEPENDENT, Mamora who represented Lagos East in the National Assembly from 2003 to 2011 said while the other presidential candidates should not be underrated, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, candidate of the APC will win the election.

The former Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly said “I am not underrating anyone. In a contest, you don’t underrate your opponent. I agree that Bola Tinubu, Atiku Abubakar, Peter Obi and Rabiu Kwankwaso are the frontliners. Tune in into any of the national television, those are the faces you see”.
“So, I will not underrate anyone but I am saying that in spite of that and with due respect to all the other candidates, he is still the number one and the candidate to beat.”

“Well, I won’t dismiss the sudden rise in support for Peter Obi but it doesn’t seem to me as such that can cause ‘havoc’ in the system at the end of the day. I say so because we do our checks on regular basis. We look at the spread, capacity on ground”.

“Whether people like it or not, you cannot underrate the role of structure in politics and elections. That is the reality. There are so many logistics involved in electioneering especially the presidency”.

“With all due respect, what I see is what I can call independence candidacy in Labour party. Obi is like an independent candidate. Even in America that has been at it for so long, no independent candidate has never won an election”.

“Independent candidates can win in smaller constituencies like senate, house of representatives and so on but not presidential. In fact, it will be a miracle of this century if Obi wins”.

"The same way that all these people are saying they back Peter Obi is the same way they are saying they are backing other candidates, particularly these frontline candidates”.
https://independent.ng/obi-lacks-structures-itll-be-a-miracle-of-the-century-if-he-wins-mamora/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by LoneWolf212: 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2022
That "Miracle of the century" will take place in Nigeria come 2023

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by Igbodicool(m): 7:47pm On Oct 25, 2022
And that miracle will happen...

For there is no structure mightier than our great God!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by TechW: 7:50pm On Oct 25, 2022
Challenge to us Nigerians

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 25, 2022
Structure.... we have gone past this stage naa, the people are the structure, not paid urchins with caps and polo conveyed from state to state for rallies.

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by dumahi(m): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2022
STRUCTURE is another word for CORRUPT gang-up...

Things like Hope Uzodinma and Umahi using thugs to rig the election for Tinubu in their states.

If not, Obi has the best structure: LP belongs to all Nigerian workers. LP has offices in the entire country.

But, please, let's not underrate what these guys are saying. See this...

In 2014/2015, Atiku and Tinubu ganged up, pushed GEJ out of office and pushed in a fellow sick old man into office.

The sick old man has done two major things for 7+ years:

1. Supervised the senseless mass killing, sacking, and kidnap of Nigerians in their own homes, farms, and worship places.
2. Lived in UK hospitals while the country ran on autopilot.

Until now, Tinubu and Atiku are yet to apologise to Nigerians for misleading them in 2014/15.

Which means that they haven't even realized that they did anything wrong or that the President they sold to Nigerians did anything wrong.

Instead, they are warming up to lead Nigerians from 2023.

What it means is that any of these two is coming to follow the footsteps of the current President.

The trillion Naira question is...

How can these 2 great MISLEADERS turn around and become great LEADERS? How can people who led you into a ditch in 2015 now lead you to the promised land from 2023?

No wonder a wise person would say, "the total number of voters APC and PDP will get in February 2023 will tell us the total number of mad people we have in this country".

But, the problem is, THERE WILL BE NO VOTING HERE IN 2023.

Oh yes!!! Plans are already underway to rig the election in favor of one of the old thieves.

That's exactly what will happen, unless Nigerians follow a definite and consistent plan to #TakebackNigeria from the old and highly experienced thieves come 2023.

This is NOT the time to be politically correct. Instead, the true Nigerians need to form a more formidable front or else 2023 will become yet another wild goose chase and then, the same old stories continue...

FOR ANOTHER 8 Years?!?!?!

and, possibly, more!?!?!?!

Fellow true Nigerians, we need to be more resolute than we are right now. We need to have a more established base. The powers we are up against are very...

DESPERATE

We need to get more resolute than their desperation. Else, we'll only make noise and make no headway at last.

So, kindly join us here as we discuss:

PRACTICAL STEPS THAT TRUE NIGERIANS SHOULD TAKE TO MAKE IT ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE FOR ANYONE TO RIG THE 2023 NIGERIAN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS OR TO TRUNCATE THE TRANSITION TO A TRULY POPULAR GOVERNMENT.

As citizens, we've done relatively well. We've shown faith and courage. Many of us have died defending the honour of the country.

So, we have generated all the energies needed to free Nigeria from the old shackles in 2023 and no other time. What remains now is to guide the energies EFFECTIVELY and EFFICIENTLY towards striking and achieving THE GOAL.

We can't afford to miss this ONE opportunity of a lifetime. If we do, it will take very long decades before another opportunity like this comes. If you truly want a great future for your kids, you can't but share this as widely as it can go. Thank you all.

Source: https://twitter.com/MastBroadcast/status/1584879580879663104?t=gCcduLRk5SURXNq8J61hyA&s=19

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by Faiththatworks(m): 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2022
I always make my bias very clear before I comment,My PVC is for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu in February 2023.
Back to the topic,I sincerely have an observation about H.E Peter Obi,if Baba Buhari was a southern Christian,he will come in the form of Peter Obi,because they have almost identical character and attributes.
Baba Buhari is nepotistic, clannish and very narrow minded in his way of life.
That's exactly what Peter Obi is,a typical Igbo man whose whole interaction is confined to those in his ethnic tribe,if in doubt,look at his inner circle of friends and associates,it's very difficult to find an Hausa,Tiv,Nupe,Kalabari or even Berom man in his inner circle,that's a Red Flag.
For Religion,Baba Buhari doesn't hide his preference for people who have similar religious leading like his,infact Baba Buhari's circle is so narrow that other Muslim faiths rarely have Interaction with him.
The same can be said of Peter Obi,Even though he is trying to be a religious convert because of this election,but like a leopard than can never shed his skin,Peter Obi is a Catholic fanatic,he will never change if he becomes president just like Baba Buhari never changed when he became President.
I end my epistle with the dirty campaign of been stingy as a virtue,that's the same rhetorics that they sold us on Baba Buhari,Baba Buhari no dey give shishi,Abegggy Now they have come again with the Stingy virtue of Peter Obi when he was a Governor.
I repeat Peter Obi is the Southern Version of Baba Buhari,and Nigeria doesn't need another Version of Baba Buhari to rule Nigeria again.
God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by BATified2023: 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2022
LoneWolf212:
if wishes were horses

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by Urheadmaster(m): 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2022
Miracle of century is what Nigerians wants.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by NigeriaIsGreat: 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2022
LoneWolf212:
Self deceit

If wishes were horses beggars will ride

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by mrvitalis(m): 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2022
Structure is is important in an election if and only if the masses are really indifferent about the candidates ...that's only when structure comes into play

PDP had all the structure since 1999 but when won buhari in the core north ...

When the masses are heavily for a candidate there is little party structure can do

If it was obi Vs say tinubu alone or atiku alone then it might have been really really difficult ...but you have 4 candidates

What makes obi candidacy difficult to understand is no body can predict the amount of vote he can get

Can be 2 million ...can be 30 million

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by SmartPolician: 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2022
These old crooks who have caged this country for decades don't want to lose a grip of it.

Imagine saying that Tinubu will win the election. That's like the continuation of Buhari for the next four years. Nigerians don't like this country.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by chimaroka60: 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTtAE9baFQ0

The Minister of State for Health, Senator Olorunnimbe Mamora, has dismissed Peter Obi’s chances of winning the 2023 presidential election.

Mamora likened the Labour Party’s flagbearer’s candidacy to independent candidacy in America which has never produced a president.

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by rayvelez(m): 8:01pm On Oct 25, 2022
Challenges to all sane Nigerians.
Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by Michelle70(m): 8:03pm On Oct 25, 2022
mrvitalis:
Structure is is important in an election if and only if the masses are really indifferent about the candidates ...that's only when structure comes into play

PDP had all the structure since 1999 but when won buhari in the core north ...

When the masses are heavily for a candidate there is little party structure can do

If it was obi Vs say tinubu alone or atiku alone then it might have been really really difficult ...but you have 4 candidates

What makes obi candidacy difficult to understand is no body can predict the amount of vote he can get

Can be 2 million ...can be 30 million
This is why u should know.

Buhari lack structure in 2011 but more parties came and build a solid structure that trounce PDP.

Peter Obi popularity pales in comparison to what Buhari has but couldnt win without a solid structure
Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by urbobo20(m): 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2022
But the man was fear anough to obi . I just like this man

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by urbobo20(m): 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2022
But the man was fear anough to obi . I just like this Wman
Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by limeta(f): 8:04pm On Oct 25, 2022
Be fooling yourself with structure
Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by nairavsdollars(f): 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2022
Update yourself..no longer Minister of State for Health

chimaroka60:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTtAE9baFQ0

The Minister of State for Health, Senator Olorunnimbe Mamora, has dismissed Peter Obi’s chances of winning the 2023 presidential election.

Mamora likened the Labour Party’s flagbearer’s candidacy to independent candidacy in America which has never produced a president.
Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by Maxymilliano(m): 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2022
It will take more than a miracle for Tinubu or APC to retain the seat
Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by onatisi(m): 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2022
what all these dumbest APC politicians don't know is that THE MERE FACT THAT THEY ARE EVEN PAYING ATTENTION AND MAKING MENTION OF PETER OBI ALL THE TIME SHOWS AND POINTS OUT THAT THEY ARE AWARE OF HIM AND THE RISK HE POSES TO THEIR GOALS. BECAUSE WHY ARE THEY NOT TALKING ABOUT KWANKWANSO OR ANY OTHER CONTESTANT APART FROM PETER OBI?

labor party officials are not mentioning anybody , even Atiku and PDP are not attacking peter obi or his team only APC and its members are attacking peter obi

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by onatisi(m): 8:19pm On Oct 25, 2022
they cant retain the seat, peter obi labor party is doing serious serious damage to the APC stronghold in the southwest, when the results start coming out many will be shocked, i won't be surprised if APC comes third even in the southwest. atiku does not even need to do much work in the south, he should just focus on the north. there is no way wike will hand over rivers state to APC , he will rather hand it over to obi and win the heart of the masses

Maxymilliano:
It will take more than a miracle for Tinubu or APC to retain the seat
Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by chimaroka60: 8:22pm On Oct 25, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Update yourself..no longer Minister of State for Health

. Am currently up to date with my news

Go check his profile on Wikipedia and see for yourself

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by nairavsdollars(f): 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2022
Wiki...what? So you are not aware the former Minister of Science resigned to contest and Buhari upgraded Mamora since July.

chimaroka60:
. Am currently up to date with my news

Go check his profile on Wikipedia and see for yourself

Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by Racoon(m): 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2022
Then that so called miracle will happen in Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by dangermouse(m): 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2022
Brace up for the miracle. It is done already!
Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by mrvitalis(m): 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2022
Michelle70:
This is why u should know.

Buhari lack structure in 2011 but more parties came and build a solid structure that trounce PDP.

Peter Obi popularity pales in comparison to what Buhari has but couldnt win without a solid structure
U don't get it ...if 3 other strong parties where contesting with PDP buhari would have won

The only traditional votes obi has taken is from South east , south South, and a few from middle belt then there is people like me ..who have never voted before but want to vote because of obi ...the question is how many are we ? 2 million ? Or 30 million
Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by Tsolutionjoseph: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2022
LoneWolf212:
If you truly think Peter obi will win, you are definitely a slowpoke, and ur certificate is a waste, if u ever have one
Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by Michelle70(m): 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2022
mrvitalis:

U don't get it ...if 3 other strong parties where contesting with PDP buhari would have won

The only traditional votes obi has taken is from South east , south South, and a few from middle belt then there is people like me ..who have never voted before but want to vote because of obi ...the question is how many are we ? 2 million ? Or 30 million
Obi will win SE, no doubt.

SS could go anywhere with PDP being the favourites
SW will be taken by Tinubu but the margin wont be much, they have never produced bloc votes.
NC will go either way with PDP being the favourits
NE is for PDP
NW is for PDP and APC

PO only hope is the SE, though their voting population is small but they produce bloc votes.

Forget what u are hearing in the SS, PDP has a very deep rooted structure that even Amaechi in APC will find it difficult to beat
Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by Think9ja(m): 9:21pm On Oct 25, 2022
Structure or no structure, Mr. Obi is not going anywhere near Aso Villa
Re: 2023: Obi Lacks Structures, It’ll Be A Miracle Of The Century If He Wins –Mamora by techWriter3: 11:11pm On Oct 25, 2022
That "Miracle of the century" will give spots in Nigeria come 2023

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Farooq Kperogi: Prof Agbaje Has Been Kidnapped, Please Help Us Raise N50million / The Only Reason I Doubt The ANAP Poll Is That It Gave Tinubu 2nd / Peter Obi Writing Down Suggestions That Were Made To Him In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.