Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

How Much Do You Spend On Food Monthly? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Much Do You Spend On Food Monthly? (781 Views)

How Many Days Can 10k Take You On Food? / How Much Do You Spend On Feeding Per Week? / How Much Do You Spend On Food Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Spend On Food Monthly? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2022
The last month alone, I spent more than what I used to spend in three months before. It's troubling even as a single man.

I live in Rivers State. How people who have family cope?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Food Monthly? by doggedfighter(f): 9:28pm On Oct 25, 2022
My folks are complaining about high cost of running the house.

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Food Monthly? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2022
Men it's not funny o. Between 2020 and now food prices have quadrupled. I just pity those wey don born.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Food Monthly? by SanctifiedSista(f): 9:33am On Oct 26, 2022
As a family of seven we spend on food, 100,000 naira..then fuel,water, repairs,gas,charcoal, DStv,refuse disposal.etc 45-50k

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Food Monthly? by begoniaa: 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2022
See ehn
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Food Monthly? by RepoMan007: 8:31am On Nov 01, 2022
Naturally when a business suddenly identifies as lucrative, Nigerians, in the usual bandwagon mentality, flood that business like rain has been doing us.

Let every capable man/woman earning above 40,000 a month strive to cultivate one acre of land or 100m X 42m(4200sqm) each and let us banish food inflation for the foreseeable future.
Threads like these remain inevitable if we don't farm.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Food Monthly? by RepoMan007: 8:33am On Nov 01, 2022
SanctifiedSista:
As a family of seven we spend on food, 100,000 naira..then fuel,water, repairs,gas,charcoal, DStv,refuse disposal.etc 45-50k
Strong family. That's 5 minimum wage on basic recurrent needs.
Buhari lifted us out of it.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Food Monthly? by RepoMan007: 8:35am On Nov 01, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Men it's not funny o. Between 2020 and now food prices have quadrupled. I just pity those wey don born.

Yet production cost hasn't doubled yet. Isn't that wonderfully wonderful?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Food Monthly? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:42am On Nov 01, 2022
RepoMan007:

Yet production cost hasn't doubled yet. Isn't that wonderfully wonderful?

What are you saying? Cost of diesel has gone up. Raw materials too. Business that depend on the dollar for importation but main source of revenue is the naira are seriously bleeding. A dollar was around 500 naira in April right now it's 800 naira.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Food Monthly? by RepoMan007: 8:50am On Nov 01, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

What are you saying? Cost of diesel has gone up. Raw materials too. Business that depend on the dollar for importation but main source of revenue is the naira are seriously bleeding. A dollar was around 500 naira in April right now it's 800 naira.
it is not all raw input that are imported with dollar obtained at N700-N800.
Yes diesel has gone up but fertilizer hasn't doubled. Labour hasn't gone even 50% up. Seedlings hasn't. It is largely handiwork of middlemen
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Food Monthly? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:53am On Nov 01, 2022
RepoMan007:
it is not all raw input that are imported with dollar obtained at N700-N800.
Yes diesel has gone up but fertilizer hasn't doubled. Labour hasn't gone even 50% up. Seedlings hasn't. It is largely handiwork of middlemen

What are you saying. The cost of fertilizer has doubled. Feeds for poultry has also tripled. It was even in the news a while back with farmers complaining about the rising cost of production also to add the level of insecurity as in a lot of areas in the country people can't farm due to terrorist attacks from herdsmen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/amp/big-read/article/fertiliser-prices-double-in-threat-to-nigerias-food-security/

(1) (Reply)

Jamila Rice Is Still Available / Attention Pork Lovers / God bless Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.