Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

My Sermon. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Sermon. (312 Views)

Wish I Could Restrict My Sermon To Only My Children — Pastor Adeboye / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef Calls Black People 'Monkeys' During His Weekly Sermon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sermon. by Gofwane(m): 9:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
When you go out in the morning and come back in the evening intact, always say a thank you prayer to whatever you believe in and honour.

So I happened to find myself in a tradomedical orthopedic centre and the type of cry and wailings I experienced from the patients especially all these Iya (yorugba word for "mother") no be here.
"boda, ejoor oh"
"mogbe oh"
"edakun" See as iya and children dey sumasault for ground and those doctors no send.

It was hilarious - I was even laughing but it got me thinking. It's something worth appreciating to whom or whatever you believe in if you are able to function well as a human cos sickness or deformity of any type no pass anybody.

@nlfpmod, @seun, @ishilove, @dominique, @etc. . . Please, push this to front page whenever you can so that my conscience will be clear that I have preached in my lifetime. Please don't let the devil use you.
Thank you
Re: My Sermon. by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Oct 27, 2022
Gofwane:
When you go out in the morning and come back in the evening intact, always say a thank you prayer to whatever you believe in and honour.
It was hilarious - I was even laughing but it got me thinking. It's something worth appreciating to whom or whatever you believe in if you are able to function well as a human cos sickness or deformity of any type no pass anybody.
Billions of people, many of who don't even believe in anything else but self, also go out in the morning and come back in the evening intact, who should they thank for that? Themselves? undecided

Are you operating under some delusion that if you don't send this "thank you" message to whatever it is you believe in, somehow it will cease all mercies and cause you to become deformed, disease-riddled, or something along those lines? Is that the drive behind this so-called sermon of yours? undecided
Re: My Sermon. by Gofwane(m): 2:09am On Oct 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Billions of people, many of who don't even believe in anything else but self, also go out in the morning and come back in the evening intact, who should they thank for that? Themselves? undecided

Are you operating under some delusion that if you don't send this "thank you" message to whatever it is you believe in, somehow it will cease all mercies and cause you to become deformed, disease-riddled, or something along those lines? Is that the drive behind this so-called sermon of yours? undecided
I think you missed my point. The message was clearly directed at those who believed in whom or whatever.
If you don't believe in anything, then the sermon wasn't for you.

Hope you get my point.
Re: My Sermon. by Kobojunkie: 2:30am On Oct 27, 2022
Gofwane:
I think you missed my point. The message was clearly directed at those who believed in whom or whatever.
If you don't believe in anything, then the sermon wasn't for you.
Hope you get my point.
I believe in God yet I think your sermon is meaningless. Do you know why? Because my God didn't command nor recommend that we give Him thanks and so your claim that He is honored by such acts is false. The God I serve is honored only by my obedience to His actual commandments to Him, as stated by Him. undecided

Now, I am left to ask you why you feel that which you believe in receives honor from your "thank you" messages in much the same way humans apparently do. Did the one you serve in fact inform you that your offerings of thanks is a source of honor to him or what? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Baptism / God Caught LYING To Rightwing Pastor With Midterm Premonition / What Did The Doctor Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.