Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,958 members, 7,838,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming (12448 Views)

FG Makes N2tn Taxes From Google, Facebook, Foreign Firms – Punch / FG To Streamline Taxes From 52 To 10 / Billionaire With Private Jet/ Yacht To Pay Luxury Taxes From 2019 - Federal Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by techWriter3: 7:14am On Oct 27, 2022
taxes isn't a bad thing
Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by njelrapheal: 7:16am On Oct 27, 2022
chatinent:
Taxation isn't a bad thing.

But what Nigeria does is only tax, no development.

Who says taxation is not a bad thing..go and check why and how people are being taxed. Are we slaves
Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by adverttrading: 7:45am On Oct 27, 2022
I just want to know who is the owner of Sentinal National Payment Gateway and what is the process for choosing them as payment method. Is this a Nigerian or foreign company?

Why is the single treasury account ( TSA) not good enough? What is the commission this Sentinel people will be collecting and how was it justified? Is this another Alpha Beta Consulting situation where a private company will be doing the job of Inland Revenue? If so,what is the job the Inland Revenue staff are being paid for?

I come in peace.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by Breastfeed: 8:02am On Oct 27, 2022
So dem bin no dey do am before?
Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by Ifex93(m): 8:32am On Oct 27, 2022
Please what do you mean by "shortchanging firs"?
Did they request for anything (maybe financial) that has not been granted?
Abi you dey try express sth different and perhaps used the wrong word...
Please school me...
culf:
It's like they are shortchanging firs oooo, they want it direct now.

it is well oooo
Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by emmydee(m): 8:43am On Oct 27, 2022
princeSammyz:
Welcome development.
In fact, the tax rate should be on the high side to discourage gambling addictions. Just the way it is I think on alcohol.
Mind you, this is coming from a gambler looking to be discouraged. Lol
Foolish man. People like you still get scammed in business dealings. Olodo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by prophetfire: 9:18am On Oct 27, 2022
post=117906634:
So they aren't doing that before?!

Rather late than never tho.
Those guys make billions on a daily basis here.

Very Good development
. Gaming tax should go to state governments. Not federal, Bec in many states like Bornu, gaming is outlawed. So after collecting gaming tax from Lagos, Anambra and Edo states, they share same with some holier than thou parasites. And those holier than thou parasites like Kano would get lion shares.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by culf: 9:18am On Oct 27, 2022
Ifex93:
Please what do you mean by "shortchanging firs"?
Did they request for anything (maybe financial) that has not been granted?
Abi you dey try express sth different and perhaps used the wrong word...
Please school me...

before, it was the betting company paying them everything altogether but now they want it directly from the people. What might have prompt that?

meanwhile, I said 'its like' that is not a certainty.
Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by blueAgent(m): 9:30am On Oct 27, 2022
CondemnBattery:
All the government cares about is Taxation and borrowing.

No innovative programs that can help better the life of the citizens.

Can't wait for a PO Presidency.

Reno Mockery is a disgrace to the Niger Delta

Lol.....but this guy looks like Reno die.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by blueAgent(m): 9:33am On Oct 27, 2022
Useless government.
Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by blaquebelle: 10:09am On Oct 27, 2022
silento:
Tax is not a bad thing , but am getting to 30years and I can tell u that nothing absolutely nothing has the government provided for me

I get sick I paid for my bills fully
Driving licence you have to do bribe to get it in time
Nin bribe to get it in time
Electricity you keep paying for what u didn't use monthly

light in our street I and our neighbors Total install them
No single road is ok pot holes and rivers on roads

To report issue to police station they will charge the hell out of you

Politician every campaigning season keep telling u that he brought transformer to your community like did we vote for you to go there and sleep before

Army using civilians to show muscles

Pastors scamming members

Banking frustrating your life as if they are dashing you money

Cbn making polices that makes a common man to suffer more

Water government can't provide

I know Nigeria will be better but not today or in next 20years it will take more 5 decades for this country to ever be great again coz starting from the tap root every arms of the government is corrupt and heartless

Coz I don't see why someone will swallon 80bn alone but can't remove at least 10bn from it and invest back to better the life's of people he stole it from

God bless Nigeria And buhari and incoming president that will inherit problems he will not know from where to start solving
Did you attend a tertiary institution In Nigeria? If so then your government has done atleast one thing for you because education is heavily subsidised here.
Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by erioluwa869: 10:19am On Oct 27, 2022
It's like they are shortchanging firs oooo, they want it direct now.
it is well ooooIt's like they are shortchanging firs oooo, they want it direct now.
it is well oooo...
Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by Yoighaman(m): 10:22am On Oct 27, 2022
silento:
Tax is not a bad thing , but am getting to 30years and I can tell u that nothing absolutely nothing has the government provided for me

I get sick I paid for my bills fully
Driving licence you have to do bribe to get it in time
Nin bribe to get it in time
Electricity you keep paying for what u didn't use monthly

light in our street I and our neighbors Total install them
No single road is ok pot holes and rivers on roads

To report issue to police station they will charge the hell out of you

Politician every campaigning season keep telling u that he brought transformer to your community like did we vote for you to go there and sleep before

Army using civilians to show muscles

Pastors scamming members

Banking frustrating your life as if they are dashing you money

Cbn making polices that makes a common man to suffer more

Water government can't provide

I know Nigeria will be better but not today or in next 20years it will take more 5 decades for this country to ever be great again coz starting from the tap root every arms of the government is corrupt and heartless

Coz I don't see why someone will swallon 80bn alone but can't remove at least 10bn from it and invest back to better the life's of people he stole it from

God bless Nigeria And buhari and incoming president that will inherit problems he will not know from where to start solving

God bless Nigeria.

It starts with you, vote for the right candidate.
Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by KunGioKehRah: 10:45am On Oct 27, 2022
Even if we don't ask them how they (fg) made the money

At least let's ask how they spent it
Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by Ifex93(m): 10:57am On Oct 27, 2022
Thank you for the feedback, it was a useful one
culf:

before, it was the betting company paying them everything altogether but now they want it directly from the people. What might have prompt that?

meanwhile, I said 'its like' that is not a certainty.
Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by snoopz: 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2022
Maybe first country to use sentinel bla bla bla
Ghana has started gaming tax no be today
Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 27, 2022
chatinent:
Taxation isn't a bad thing.

But what Nigeria does is only tax, no development.

Tell this one lowlife that Is always shouting everywhere subsidy should be removed lol. Whether It Is removed or not. Nothing will ever make sense In Shiiithole..

1 Like

Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by FreeStuffsNG: 1:17pm On Oct 27, 2022
It is skewed against local operators if online game overseas do not incorporate here and pay company tax. Govt should waive the tax for local operators or reduce it. Most of the online operators are technical partners to the local ones and can not be benefiting on both sides to the detriment of local operators. They should be incorporated or have a local partner to rep them here.
Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by Fantazy(m): 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2022
Wait o, are they taxing the bookies, (the companies) or the customers (bettors)?

I don't understand
Re: FIRS Starts Direct Collection Of Taxes From Online Gaming by BluntCrazeMan: 3:42am On Oct 28, 2022
post=117906634:
So they aren't doing that before?!

Rather late than never tho.
Those guys make billions on a daily basis here.

Very Good development
That's very bad of our country.

People make heavy money in Nigeria, but they are not taxed.

Only if they know that gifts are also taxed..
grin grin grin cheesy..
(Yahoo Yahoo “gifted” online monies are also taxable too)

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Bars Negligent Staff From Governorship Polls, Issues Stern Warning To Recs / Okorocha: Oshiomhole And Magu Met Secretly On How To Jail Me / Ugwuanyi Visits Hospitalised Survivors Of Adulterated Kerosene Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.