Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." (17757 Views)

Dele Momodu: Tinubu In Serious Trouble For No Lawyer Can Defend Forgery / Ekiti Election Result: Omokri, Dele Momodu React To Fayemi’s Victory / Dele Momodu Begged OAU Students To Forgive Shina Peters (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Racoon(m): 7:46am On Oct 27, 2022
Dele Momodu, publisher of Ovation magazine, says Bola Tinubu, presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), is a potential dictator.He said this on Tuesday in an interview on Channels Television while explaining his opposition to Tinubu’s candidacy.

“He is the only governor I know who had two deputy governors and they both got into trouble,” Momodu said. I’m inferring dictatorship nothing else. I will never support dictatorship. I suffered under dictatorship, I was in detention, and exile for three years.”

When asked if he believes Tinubu is a dictator, Momodu said: “He is a potential dictator, let me use that word.” Reacting to Festus Keyamo’s description of him as a praise singer, Momodu insisted that Tinubu’s manifesto is an appropriation of MKO Abiola’s legacy.

“Festus Keyamo is an attack dog; he likes to yell. The moment they gave him this job of a minister, a minister where he has been less than competent, where everything is in shambles,” he said. If I was in his position I would have resigned.” On October 23, Momodu described the manifesto of Tinubu, titled ‘Renewed Hope 2023’, as an appropriation of MKO Abiola’s legacy.

Responding, Keyamo, the minister of state labour and employment, said Momodu should stick to praise-singing instead of critiquing policy statements.

PDP CRISIS: ‘DEMOCRACY NOT ALWAYS FAIR’
Momodu also shared his two cents on the crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). The director of strategic communications in the PDP campaign said southerners must understand that democracy isn’t always about fairness.

There has been division in the party over the calls for Iyorchia Ayu to step down as PDP national chairman on the grounds that the presidential candidate and chairman cannot be northerners.

Amid the crisis, some governors including Nyesom Wike of Rivers and Samuel Ortom of Benue and other PDP stakeholders have backed out of supporting Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate.Speaking on the development, Momodu said the south needs to learn that democracy is different from revolution.

“PDP has done better than any other party in Nigeria. If you look at our trajectory, between 1999 and 2007, PDP presented President Obasanjo. Then we had Yar’Adua who was in power for three years. Then we had President Jonathan who was there for five years,” he said.

“So, in PDP, we’ve had five plus eight, that’s 13 years out of 24 years by next year. So, we don’t have that problem in PDP. You can talk about APC and how they are doing or not doing. But I can tell you that the last president PDP fielded was a southerner, from the south-south.

“So, nobody is going to accuse us of entrenching Hausa-Fulani interest. There is a major campaign of calumny today in Nigeria against the Hausa-Fulani, which I find very dangerous. They are Nigerians; they are part of Nigeria, and elections are about figures, about numbers. So, if the Hausa-Fulani are able to manage themselves better than the southerners, so be it.

“I was in that race and I can tell you that the southern candidates never worked together. I even tried to reach some southern governors who would not receive me, whereas when you go to the north, you get this open door. I went to Sokoto and Governor Tambuwal was personally driving me around. In the south, I was just like a nobody.

“So, that is the nature of politics. It is whosoever has the ability and capacity to carry every other person along. And let me warn, in the past, we have had two strong southern candidates. They lost to the north. It happened in 1979 between Chief Awolowo and the Owelle of Onitsha, Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe. It repeated itself in 1983.

“So, the south must learn about politics and politicking. It is not about sentiments. Democracy is different from revolution. The south cannot blackmail the north, just like the north cannot blackmail the south. We must work together. When you refuse to do that, you are heading to failure.

“Democracy is not always about fairness. And the best example I can give you would be the American example. How long did it take for an Obama to emerge in America? It’s a game of numbers; it’s not about sentiments.”.
https://www.thecable.ng/tinubu-is-a-potential-dictator-says-dele-momodu/amp

14 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Tonypen247(m): 7:47am On Oct 27, 2022
He who has ears, let them hear. Away from party differences, so much has been said about this man that makes a sound mind question his moral worthiness in his quest to lead Nigerians.
We cannot play our future with chances and thus, we need to get it right come 2023.

Tinubu is a good man with bad intentions. lipsrsealed

I am available for your Academic research; assignments, assessment, proposals, PowerPoint presentation of a top notch quality.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Racoon(m): 7:49am On Oct 27, 2022
The ‘shut up’ admonition could be more fundamental, in which case, the opposition will not be allowed any presence in Lagos, Tinubu’s territory. Yes, the ‘shut up’ insult could mean that no opposition should speak or maintain any form of presence in Lagos.

Is that why opposition billboards cannot be mounted anywhere in Lagos even though Tinubu’s billboards are all over the country even in territories dominated by the opposition?

Is there a calculated attempt to ensure even on social and mainstream media that the opposition ‘shuts up’ till Election Day? Are we going to witness more brutal enforcement of ‘shut up’ in the days ahead? Is that why any scrutiny of the APC presidential candidate is immediately hounded and attacked, all in a bid to enforce the ‘shut up’ rule?
https://punchng.com/tinubu-should-nigerians-really-shut-up/?utm_source=auto-read-also&utm_medium=web

It is not the same Tinubu whom the GAC must seek his blessing to anoit candidates for elections? Same Tinubu that Buhari and APC governors begged for Ambode and Obaseki but refused? Of course! Tinubu is operating a dictatorial empire as far as Lagos is concerned.

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Racoon(m): 7:50am On Oct 27, 2022
In so much that the fulanis are masters of political treachery, backstabbing and betrayal, the South are not cooperative enough to assert their political dexterity and dominance

18 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Puremind1225: 7:52am On Oct 27, 2022
He's right

11 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Realist12: 7:54am On Oct 27, 2022
If we are not careful all these vultures from PDP to LP will change the history of this country and the narratives , we see how they changed the End sars narratives ignoring how the uprisal caused the loss of lives of armed forces and destruction of security architecture, which paved way for insecurity and birthed UGM causing more deaths to civilians.
Tinubu that we know is one of the best democrat that have emerged from Nigeria, he's not new to the game ,he has always been on the side of the oppressed and he has always used his voice and positions to fight for justice , but for political reasons this political sycophants are only blind to his track records and making a mockery of themselves.
If you want the best for yourself as a citizen find the truth because lies will fade and truth always prevails in the end and we'd be back to square one . Be positive , be progressive. Don't be unfair to yourself like PDP is .

TOPCRUISE:

Democrat that kept quiet during Buhari's oppressive regime. Is such a person a democrat. sad

Is he suppose to do the job of the opposition Party for them ?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by obembet(f): 7:54am On Oct 27, 2022
Tinubu and Obi go lose

Power is going back to North where is unity, where supporters don't insult themselves cos of politicians.

We northerners will our unity to defeat South.

I pray for more hatred between Peter Obi supporters and Tinubu.

Power to the people.

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by franchasofficia: 7:54am On Oct 27, 2022
Tinubu ti Lule pi shocked

28 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Ay77(m): 7:54am On Oct 27, 2022
C
Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:54am On Oct 27, 2022
All of you all are dsame

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 27, 2022
Now I know why Davido insults Dele!

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by emmanuel596(m): 7:54am On Oct 27, 2022
It's is written all over his desperate old face

That's why the old fool had the guts to say he forgave Osibanjo for contesting against him for the APC presidential ticket as if the position was for him alone to contest....very foolish old and selfish drug baron who is shameless and desperate

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by omoredia: 7:54am On Oct 27, 2022
Tinubu is just a fool. Plain and simple

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Blaze14k: 7:54am On Oct 27, 2022
Its obvious

5 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Creamypie(m): 7:54am On Oct 27, 2022
Tinubu wey discharge 3 deputies as governor. Dey control Lagos since 1999.an osun man oh. Smuggled by nadeco to lagos. As his great great grand mum betrayed and sold her people into slavery to europeans and americans for personal gain in 18the century, bola too has been selling yorubas for same gains. He wants to extend it to national stage.

36 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Obakoolex(m): 7:55am On Oct 27, 2022
smiley Just watch as momodu will become an hero to some people just because he attacks Tinubu, when we southerners really need to open our eyes are stop this politics of hatred among ourselves.
85% obidents spend all there time online abusing and cursing Tinubu as if he's done terrible things to them and batified too no dey allow them rest.
Instead of us to choose between Tinubu and Obi and campaign together against another Fulani ruling us for 16 straight years. Eyes go soon clear come Feb 2023.

Have never seen where Atiku supporters attack kwakwaso or vice versa.

Southerners be wise!

11 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by kayuseful: 7:55am On Oct 27, 2022
but Atiku is not
Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by BUSHHUNTER: 7:55am On Oct 27, 2022
Dele na my boy - Davido

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by derity(f): 7:55am On Oct 27, 2022
fact check Tinubu, manifesto ‘Renewed Hope 2023’, is an appropriation of MKO Abiola’s
legacy.

3 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Kennitrust(m): 7:55am On Oct 27, 2022
Hello
Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by olisaEze(m): 7:55am On Oct 27, 2022
There’s nothing potential about him. He has been a dictator since ‘99 who cannot stand opposing opinions! Giving absolute power to such a man will certainly be counterproductive for this nation!

voltron14:
grin

Dictator that has grown his state's economy in exponential terms.

Na that kind dictator we dey find.

Sani Abacha also grew our economy so exponentially that we didn’t even notice the restrictions the United States placed on Nigeria for killing Ken Saro-Wiwa. Are u also that one’s fan too?? grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by lomprico(m): 7:56am On Oct 27, 2022
And his wife is an idi-amiress

13 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Vulturereloaded: 7:56am On Oct 27, 2022
Do you need a prophet to tell you that?

This alone is enough.

And i say amen to this prayer.

12 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Elvis2kay: 7:56am On Oct 27, 2022
Nigeria politicians with double mouth. They are all hustlers only the foools would think one is better than the other.. Dele need to fight for his big belle to survive.
Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Shetemi12(m): 7:56am On Oct 27, 2022
Let it be on record today 27th of October! Peter Obi a GCE holder will not be president of Nigeria! Probably their zoo!

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 7:56am On Oct 27, 2022
R

2 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Honourable1901(m): 7:56am On Oct 27, 2022
Dictatorial in this democratic dispensation angry angry angry..

Anybody who doesn't fall in line will get crocodile smile grin cheesy cheesy grin, or python dance anyone that asiwaju dims fit grin grin grin

Don't quote me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Oduduwa707: 7:56am On Oct 27, 2022
We all know. But, you this fat and foolish Dele Momodu should just STFU!

You lack integrity and honor. You're the one that would adulate, celebrate and praise all the corrupt pple of our society. Now you're here criticizing. angry

Useless fat fool! angry

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu - "Tinubu Is A Potential Dictator." by Felabrity: 7:56am On Oct 27, 2022
Not a potential dictator, he is a dictator

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

US To Host Northern Nigerian Governors In Washington / Family Photos Of Femi Fani-Kayode & Precious Chikwendu / Chuks Ibegbu To Tinubu: Explain Your Source Of Wealth, Bullion Vans To Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.