Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes (25849 Views)

Buhari Cabal's Adoption Of Jonathan Unsettles Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi- SaharaR / Amaechi Became Governor Without Participating In Election / APC Membership Registration: Showdown In Lagos As Tinubu’s Foes Set For Battle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by Islie: 11:43am On Oct 27, 2022
By John Owen Nwachukwu

With the presidential campaign kicked-off for the 2023 general election, the All Progressives Congress, APC, will no doubt miss the dexterity of former minister, Chibuike Amaechi.

Things have not remained the same between the presidential candidate of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and some top shots of the party since after the presidential primary election.

Party leaders such as the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo and the former Governor of Rivers State, Amaechi have gone hibernating from party activities since the primary election.

Amaechi was the Director-General of President Muhammadu Buhari’s Campaign organisation both in 2015 and 2019 elections. He delivered in the two successive elections.

However, that is not the case as the party prepares for the 2023 polls.

While Osinbajo was conspicuously missing from the Tinubu-Shettima Presidential Campaign Council, Amaechi has neither accepted nor rejected his appointment into the campaign movement.

DAILY POST recalls that after weeks of intrigues and uncertainty, Tinubu polled 1,271 votes to beat his closest contenders Amaechi (316 votes) and Osinbajo (235 votes).

Tinubu was able to get northern governors behind himself after the likes of Simon Lalong of Plateau State, Nasir Elrufai of Kaduna and Abubakar Badaru of Jigawa State had earlier publicly backed Amaechi.

Following the emergence of Atiku Abubakar as the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, the Northern APC governors closed ranks and aligned with Tinubu. They believed that Amaechi had a very slim chance of defeating Atiku.

Badaru, who had openly pledged support for Amaechi, subsequently led the contingent of presidential aspirants who stepped down and asked his supporters to support Tinubu.

And after the presidential primaries, Tinubu claimed he fought to win the ticket, insisting there was a gang-up against his person.

An insider in Tinubu presidential campaign council said the former Lagos helmsman has not yet forgiven all those who contested with him during the presidential primary, especially Amaechi and Osinbajo.

According to him, Tinubu had made it very clear that it was his turn to become President after Buhari. He did everything to ensure that the APC came to power but he was disappointed to see the likes of Osinbajo challenge him to the end.
The APC national leader was said to be highly disappointed that Osinbajo did not step down alongside about 8 other aspirants that stepped down for him on that night.

The insider added that Osinbajo sees Tinubu’s emergence as backwardness. He said although the VP knows that his former boss has ideas that could better the country, his age and frail health would be a major drag-back for Nigeria and thus would never pretend to be supporting him.

According to our source, “Most people take it as a mere joke when Tinubu says becoming Nigerian President is a childhood dream. This is something he had dreamt and worked for all his life. He should have been Vice President in 2015 if not this Muslim-Muslim ticket and it would have been easier for him now but he gave that up and nominated one of his boys – Osinbajo for that position

“When the Northern Governors agreed that it was Tinubu’s turn after weeks of intense politicking, he didn’t expect any of the aspirants to contest with him in the primary, that’s the truth. But Osinbajo and Amaechi dragged on and since then, the relationship has not been the same. He’s not the one who included Amaechi in his campaign team.

Tinubu was more interested in bringing Governor Nyesom Wike to his side than Amaechi. Amaechi is one person who does not believe in Tinubu and feels betrayed by the outcome of the primary. Amaechi said something a few weeks after the primary and what he said didn’t sink well with Tinubu’s camp. Anybody expecting the former minister to work for Tinubu’s victory is wasting their time. It’s almost like Wike and Atiku only that Amaechi does not talk or behave like the Governor. Also note that it’s not a coincidence that Osinbajo is not named in the presidential campaign council. In fact, he should be one of the persons spear-heading the campaign.

“Before I end, let me say this, when someone says he’s fine, can’t Nigerians just respect that? It’s his health for Christ sake and no one knows better about your health than you. No doubt in my heart that our presidential candidate will win the 2023 presidential election for our great party with or without the support of these people. He has the structures on ground but the truth is it would be easier for us with their support.”

However, while addressing a group in Kano that worked for Osinbajo’s presidential bid, Tinubu insisted he does not have anything against Osinbajo, saying, “I have nothing against him. I’ve been to his house after the primaries.

“I saw him on the day of the goodwill message [at] the retreat organised by the president. If you cannot give forgiveness, how are you asking from Allah? To me, it is over.”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/10/27/2023-its-my-turn-how-osinbajo-amaechi-became-tinubus-foes/

4 Likes

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by PlayMaker14: 11:45am On Oct 27, 2022
Emi lo kan, Ameachi and Osibande will show you Pepper just relax.

Useless drug lord. grin

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by Clara663: 11:46am On Oct 27, 2022
Lets see how you'll win it

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by lhordspy: 11:53am On Oct 27, 2022
Lol.

I have seen lot of articles of lately targetted to downgrade a particular candidate. Infact it has gotten very bad and extreme to the extent that it is going far beyond articles and wobbling-joggling unconstructive criticism. But also they are now hiding under useless different insignificant bodies like CUPP, HURIWA and others. Springing up different fake news and propaganda to instigate the general public against the candidate of the APC. In which the rumour of some imaginary person planning to unsit the INEC chairman, is one of their many evil doings with the sole purpose of misleading the public.

Ofcourse, this is a an election period, the gang-ups and dirty opposition strategies are part of the game. But the most fascinating thing about this is that all these evil acts and propagandas are all emanating and cooked up by same people from one specific tribe. Not surprising, but very fascinating and interesting. smiley

I have seen lot of partisan articles flying around, littering the public spaces. They were all authored by igbos. From hiding under different human right and civil organisation to 'throw stones' at the candidate of the APC like a coward, to disguising as political analyst to conjure up different bullcrap, emanating from their own created fantasies, mere thinking and assumptions.

The name of the author of this targetted piece is John Owen Nwachukwu. I saw the one of Chukwudike Peter this morning too, from another article. So many of them since the beginning of the presidential race.

The spokeperson of CUPP, also an igbo man was all over the media screaming and wailing about supposedly plan to manipulate election, early this morning too. When things happen in double, thrice and so many times, synchronisingly, constantly and consistently - then it is never a coincidence anymore. It is a gang-up. Convergence .

We know the drill, and we acknowledge your effort at trying so hard to bring a man you people hate so much, down. Let's see how far the campaign of calumnies and hate can go.

Dear igbos, please dont give up. Keep it coming. But have it at the back of your mind, and always remember this - You never for once emerged victorious in any fight you engaged in prior to this, and this will not be different either.

Please Note : This is just an observation of mine. Nothing tribalistic or personal about this. Except ofcourse, it hit you hard than i expect.

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by Antyislam: 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2022
Tinubu is not a good person

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by TheSameGuy(m): 12:11pm On Oct 27, 2022
It's better Amaechi and Oshinbajo join the train now that is Worthy.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by Karlovych: 12:16pm On Oct 27, 2022
embarassed As an agbado urchin, I find those comments to be insensitive. We must ensure to tame his arrogance and show him that the country belongs to the youths

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by oluwaseyi0: 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2022
An Osinbajo stands no chance against Tinubu his former boss so also Amachi stands no chance in APC against Tinubu

He will beat them a million and one time any day any time

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by Bayview(m): 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by DropsMic(m): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2022
Yawn
Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by TheFacelessMan: 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2022
cheesy

APC Primaries finished how many months ago?

The author of the article is still crying. He will cry for long.

Still talking in past tense.

Wike is far more formidable to win over than Amaechi. Hasn't Wike made him a no-show already in Rivers State?

Bitter truth is that Tinubu doesn't need either Amaechi or Osinbajo. The latter even lost his polling unit in 2019. Came a distant 3rd in APC Primaries. Their votes combined aren't up to half of Tinubu's.

All these hungry, unintelligent journalists sef.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by fvck(m): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2022
Antyislam:
Tinubu is not a good person
Seconded

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by GeneralPula: 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2022
Concocted Jargons..

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by Tuyweq: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2022
grin
Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by Cryofigbos: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2022
Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by babyfaceafrica: 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2022
Fake news

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by Obakoolex(m): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2022
grin when Ashiwaju said it's my turn they thought he was joking....the man came fully prepared and he's a goal getter

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by MuMuOnBail: 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2022
Make them kill their self!!!

All I know is that the man of the moment his Excellency Peter Gregory Obi (GCFR) is our incoming president.

Am planning to impregnate more than 30 ladies next year to give birth to triplet each.

Yes. I am raising an army of voters for Peter Obi second tenure in office by 2027. All my battalions of children will all have voters cards by then, the way the Northerners do.

Because his victory in this election is done and dusted.

Na 2027 we the plan for now.

Chai!! I too Wise

10 Likes

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by Fiscus105(m): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2022
I think to be truth and candid, Tinubu had laboured to become president long time ago, starting from when he was confronting almighty PDP led by Obasanjo and latter Jonathan, how he spared head battle to defeat/remove PDP govs in south west and Edo, how he established radio station,
TVand newspaper to project his name and his party, and most important ,so many political actors he had almost single handedly enthroned which includes Buhari.

If we are comparing the percentages of his contributions in APC with Amaechi and Osinbanjo alikes. I think the gap between him and them will be too wide to measure.

I'm not surprising wen he defeated all other candidates and I think he has better chance to defeat Atiku than others. Though, how I wish it's Osinbanjo that becomes next president.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by FoolaniHellman: 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
Tinubu 23

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by SouthSouth1914: 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by Whois(m): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
Vote wisely.

11 Likes

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by Lanretoye(m): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
See the name of the author, u go know say na them.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
What an entitled ancestor, because you want to be president nobody should challenge and compete with you because you are who? This will surely be his downfall.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by RingRoadMafia: 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol.

I have seen lot of articles of lately targetted to downgrade a particular candidate. Infact it has gotten very bad and extreme to the extent that it is going far beyond articles and unconstructive criticism. But also they are now hiding under useless different insignificant bodies like CUPP, HURIWA and others. Springing up different fake news and propaganda to instigate the general public against the candidate of the APC. In which the rumour of some imaginary person planning to unsit the INEC chairman, is one of their many evil doings with the sole purpose of misleading the public.

Ofcourse, this is a an election period, the gang-ups and dirty opposition strategies are part of the game. But the most fascinating thing about this is that all these evil acts and propagandas are all emanating and cooked up by same people from one specific tribe. Not surprising, but very fascinating and interesting. smiley

I have seen lot of partisan articles flying around, littering the public spaces. They were all authored by igbos. From hiding under different human right and civil organisation to 'throw stones' at the candidate of the APC like a coward, to disguising as political analyst to conjure up different bullcrap, emanating from their own created fantasies, mere thinking and assumptions.

The name of the author of this targetted piece is John Owen Nwachukwu. I saw the one of Chukwudike Peter this morning too, from another article. So many of them since the beginning of the presidential race.

The spokeperson of CUPP, also an igbo man was all over the media screaming and wailing about supposedly plan to manipulate election, early this morning too. When things happen in double, thrice and so many times, constantly and consistently - then it is never a coincidence anymore. It is a gang-up.

We know the drill, and we acknowledge your effort at trying so hard to bring a man you people hate so much, down. Let's see how far the campaign of calumnies and hate can go.

Dear igbos, please dont give up. Keep it coming. But have it at the back of your mind, and always remember this - You never for once emerged victorious in any fight you engaged in prior to this, and this will not be different either.

All you do on this forum is fan flames of tribalism from morning till night. If Igbo ends up winning this election, you better relocate to Benin Republic because your shame will be catastrophic

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by emkz: 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
What is their political value, compared to say Nyesom Wike? Amaechi that cannot hold APC Rivers State together. What is Osinbajo's relevance in the politics of Ogun and Lagos State?

Its like Yakubu Dogara and Babachir Lawal who became famous because of President Buhari.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by hotwax: 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
Osinbajo may not be in the campaign committee, but he is loyal to the party. He will not hurt Tinubu. Infact he is seeking Tinubu's forgiveness. Osinbajo is not a regular politicians. He can't take on anyone. Buhari actually encouraged him to contest, and he trusted Buhari. Buhari too was muscled to the ground by northern governors who want tinubu to be president so he can die and allow Shettima a norther continue. To them Tinubus death can be fasttracked and power shift back to the North.

The only problem they have is Buhari's unwillingness to rig. Mathematically, considering tribal politics being adopted, Tinubu does not have the number (Hausa are lining up behind their brother Atiku, Igbo are obidient, Yorubas are tired of Tinubu god-playing, Osun Oyo for example). His fate is in Buhari's hand. Infiltrating INEC is only Tinubu's hope.

The question is "Will Buhari compromise INEC for Tinubu sake?"

Wike and APC romance? Wike will not vote for millions of Rivers indigenes. They have been staunch PDP voters. Atiku will still get his numbers there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by slivertongue: 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2022
APC ain't gonna win

3 Likes

Re: 2023: ‘it’s My Turn’ – How Osinbajo, Amaechi Became Tinubu’s Foes by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2022
One of the most basic reasons why evil persists is because most of us lack the capacity to look at the past to REALISE who we were before an AIDED lift-up translated us to our present position and status. Any person who forgets his past cannot be described in any other way besides being called an ingrate. The reasonable person appreciates whoever must have contributed to his upliftment all the time. This noble deed by that other person cannot be rationalised because of any infraction or breach done to the former fellowship by the benefactor without the beneficiary appearing as perfidious and thus an evil person.

83 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers Crisis: Wike Has Failed As Second Most Prominent Politician - Laolu Akand / State House Medical Centre Budget 2013 To 2017 / Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.