Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use (2767 Views)

A School Bus Without Back Window Spotted On The Road, Pupils Pose In Style / 3 Popular English Idioms You Probably Don't Say Or Write Correctly. / Did You Know That INSTALMENTALLY And EMPHASY Do Not Exist.check The Right Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by mrrandomguy: 4:14pm On Oct 27, 2022
The right word is TARRED if the finishing material is tar, bitumen and asphalt.
Example:
Lagos-Ibadan express way, Abuja-Kaduna express road.

The right word to say is TILED if the finishing material is tile, brick and cement concrete. For example, interlocking tiles, concrete slab etc
Example
Ajose Adeogun street, Oshodi-Gbagada-Oworonsoki road, Lokoja-Obajana-Kabba road.

MODIFIED

Those saying I just heard it or they are just hearing it must be ajebo.
In fact some people say "TIED road" ''UN-TIED" road.
You should Interract with the people from the trenches once in a while.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by optimistcandyboy(m): 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2022
I believe the op just found out the right word.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by mrrandomguy: 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2022
optimistcandyboy:
I believe you don't interract with people other than trolling. simp.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by ItsGoodToBeGood: 7:08pm On Oct 27, 2022
This Lecture is proudly sponsored by The Viral Ghana Presidential Convoy's Thread

3 Likes

Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by saintkeppy(m): 11:18pm On Oct 27, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:
This Lecture is proudly sponsored by The Viral Ghana Presidential Convoy's Thread

Yeah, true, I think the first comment someone made in that thread was tiled instead of tarred &was wondering cos 'tiled' don't relate with asphalting of a road.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by phemmyfour: 5:21am On Oct 28, 2022
optimistcandyboy:
No, he was reacting to a topic on front page.
Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by phemmyfour: 5:22am On Oct 28, 2022
mrrandomguy:

Example:

The right word to say is TILED if the finishing material is tile, brick and cement concrete. For example, interlocking tiles, concrete slab etc
Example
Ajose Adeogun street, Oshodi-Gbagada-Oworonsoki road, Lokoja-Obajana-Kabba road.
Inspired by the topic on front page about Ghana presidential convoy

1 Like

Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by falcon01: 6:06am On Oct 28, 2022
It has always been tarred, who says Tiled?

3 Likes

Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by falcon01: 6:07am On Oct 28, 2022
phemmyfour:
ohh yes I saw that and I was shocked. Like what kind of road is tiled? grin

1 Like

Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by hardbody: 10:30am On Oct 28, 2022
mrrandomguy:

Example:

Example

But Ajose Adeogun is not tilled but Inter-locked. How far? So is it tiled with interlocks or paved with interlocks or what? as you sabi am, I want learn too

2 Likes

Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by Mrtaye: 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2022
optimistcandyboy:
Lolz am also suspecting cos only a dumb person will misplace both words

1 Like

Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:03pm On Oct 28, 2022
optimistcandyboy:

grin grin

I tire. Who says the road is tiled?

1 Like

Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by HarlequinLekex: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2022
saintkeppy:

Yeah, true, I think the first comment someone made in that thread was tiled instead of tarred &was wondering cos 'tiled' don't relate with asphalting of a road.
I was the FTC on that thread, one mumu even corrected me saying it is tared i just left the mumu alone
Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by optimistcandyboy(m): 3:23pm On Oct 28, 2022
or a person from op village.
Mrtaye:

Lolz am also suspecting cos only a dumb person will misplace both words
Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by optimistcandyboy(m): 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2022
I mean he should have just make the correction on the thread instead of making a whole post about it.
phemmyfour:
Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by optimistcandyboy(m): 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2022
Human is prone to make mistakes but this is a very cheap one at it.

Some are even too lazy to check out the words that seem difficult for them.
falcon01:
ohh yes I saw that and I was shocked. Like what kind of road is tiled? grin
Re: Don't Say The Road Is "Tiled". See The Right Words To Use by Mrtaye: 3:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
optimistcandyboy:
or a person from op village.
Looolz walahi

(1) (Reply)

Yabatech Latest News - Help! / University Of Nigeria, Nsukka(unn) 2015/2016 Merit List Released / Free JAMB Computer Based Test CBT Tutorial (video Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.