Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,268 members, 7,864,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:16 PM

Elon Musk Reveals Why He Bought Twitter - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Elon Musk Reveals Why He Bought Twitter (206 Views)

Elon Musk Reveals 'Crime' Twitter Committed For Years / REVEALED: Elon Musk Reveals Size Of Twitter Bloodbath / Michelle Obama Reveals Why She Stopped Smiling At Trump’s Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Elon Musk Reveals Why He Bought Twitter by zaddyboy(m): 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
Tesla CEO Elon Musk explained why he bought
Twitter in a tweeted note in which he spoke about promoting a "digital town square" where various beliefs can be expressed within limitations.
"The reason I acquired Twitter is because it is important to the future of civilization to have a common digital town square, where a wide range of beliefs can be debated in a healthy manner without resorting to violence," he wrote in a tweet on Thursday, addressing advertisers.
Musk visited Twitter's headquarters in San Francisco on Wednesday and asserted his presence as he walked into the offices carrying a sink and later updating his Twitter bio to describe himself as "Chief Twit."
His $44 billion planned deal to take over the company is expected to close on Friday. The billionaire previously tried to pull out from the deal, which prompted the company to sue him in response.

In his Thursday note, Musk explained that he bought Twitter to promote the opportunity for dialogue, which he said was "lost" because of the way media "fueled and catered" to "polarized extremes" with the intent that it would generate revenue through the "relentless" pursuit of clicks.
"There is currently a great danger that social media will splinter into far right wing and far left wing echo chambers that generate more heat and divide our society," he said, adding that Twitter will be warm and welcoming under his ownership.
He also explained that he didn't purchase Twitter "because it would be easy."

"I didn't do it to make more money. I did it to try to help humanity, whom I love. And I do so with humility, recognizing that failure in pursuing this goal, despite our best efforts, is a very real possibility," he said .
Re: Elon Musk Reveals Why He Bought Twitter by Smileall(m): 5:55pm On Oct 27, 2022
Well, we'll get to know soon

(1) (Reply)

Police Refuses To Release Bodycam Of Pelosi's / Poland Missile Unlikely To Have Been Fired From Russia - Biden / Donald Trump To Be Reinstated On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.