Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Part Time Jobs/ Career Dev. Avenues In The Uk Construction Industry! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Part Time Jobs/ Career Dev. Avenues In The Uk Construction Industry! (875 Views)

10 Career Opportunities In The Nigerian Construction Industry / Outsourced Vs Full Time Jobs / Make 6000naira For Five Working Days A Week Doing Part Time Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Part Time Jobs/ Career Dev. Avenues In The Uk Construction Industry! by swiftycool(m): 10:11am On Aug 22, 2007
Hi ,
Please is there anyone out there that knows how i can get a part time job in the design, engineering, manufacturing and most especially construction industry in the UK. I am a Nigerian graduate of Architecture with almost two years post graduate working experience in the Construction industry. Ive worked with a multinational coy. in Nigeria on the construction of an international Airport , where i served as a technical design supports officer.I had to resign this week so that i might proceed with my MSc programme. im very profficient in CAD and a list of other softwares needed for this.

I got my Visa to study Contruction project Management in Aberdeen, scotland Uk where i'll be by next weekend. While studying, i would like to work on a part time basis in any of the afore-mentioned industries based on my student status,which will allow me 20hrs working a week.

I'm not used to sitting around lazily all day, plus i intend to gather as much experience as i can on the UK building/construction industry which will be more useful in building my carrer rather than doing menial jobs.
Please any one who can help a brother out holla @ me soon enough
Thanks
Re: Part Time Jobs/ Career Dev. Avenues In The Uk Construction Industry! by DisGuy: 11:55pm On Aug 23, 2007
I don't really think the engineering sector employ people on part time basis but you can still try

http://www.halcrow.com/citypark/careers.html

dont know what part of scotland you will be living but you can check some positions through
the Jobcentreplus website like this one CAD Technician

you refine the search to include location, industry, working hours and so on

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help / Maybe I Can Be Of Help / Hw Do Start A Carrer In The Petroleum Industry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.