Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity (5818 Views)

Tinubu Adds Fire Fighting Truck To Presidential Convoy / Kwara Gets Innoson Fire Fighting Truck (Photos) / Ugwuanyi Hands Over Five Innoson Fire Fighting Trucks To State Fire Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by naptu2: 3:24am On Oct 28, 2022
See previous threads here: Lagos State Acquires 62 Fire Service Apparatuses (Pictures And Videos)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Commissioned 3 Fire Stations today.

Lagos recruits 423 firemen, boosts fire-fighting capacity

[i]28th October 2022

The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has assured citizens of the investment of his administration in methods to tackle natural and man-made disasters such as floods and fire.

Sanwo-Olu gave this assurance on Thursday during the inauguration of 62 newly-purchased fire-fighting vehicles and the passing-out-parade of 435 firefighters at the Lagos House in Alausa, Ikeja.

He said, “Today, we are here to hand over 62 sets of newly-acquired and high-end fire-fighting equipment. This heart-warming development comes with the increased need to step up efforts in the areas of the safety of lives and properties as well as a timely response to emergencies.

“Like most smart nations and sub-national governments, we have taken steps to invest in risk mitigation against natural and man-made disasters like flooding, fire outbreak, collapsed buildings, and others, which could negatively impact the lives of our citizens, shatter their dreams and deplete the hope of the vulnerable.

“I have no doubt in my mind that the huge investment we have made in the acquisition of these items of equipment, recruitment and training of new officers, will be justified through improved dedication and commitment of men and officers of the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service.”

In his remarks, the Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Mudashiru Obasa, said, “Fire incidents can be very disastrous leading to the loss of lives and properties, but we have a governor who has the foresight and is ready to protect the lives of the state’s citizens and I commend this laudable initiative.”

https://punchng.com/lagos-recruits-423-firemen-boosts-fire-fighting-capacity/?utm_source=top-story&utm_medium=web

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by naptu2: 3:24am On Oct 28, 2022
Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by VawulenceLover: 4:23am On Oct 28, 2022
The whoe funke can never be deputy gov

1 Like

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by Gandah(m): 4:24am On Oct 28, 2022
The only working states in 9ja so far cool

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by Waterlilly: 4:24am On Oct 28, 2022
Don Moen - God Is Good All The Time

Awake and relaxing...........

1 Like

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by Mindlog: 4:26am On Oct 28, 2022
VawulenceLover:

It seems there are many whoes where you come from.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by bmd1010: 4:27am On Oct 28, 2022
VawulenceLover:
smh
Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by juman(m): 4:30am On Oct 28, 2022
Excellent idea.
Sanwoolu is working hard.
Lagos always blessed with good governor.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by Charisco(m): 4:35am On Oct 28, 2022
I'm desperate for you Lord by GUC
Thank God for a new day
Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by LegendHero(m): 4:39am On Oct 28, 2022
Lagos state.

Eko oni baje.
Eko Tinubu.
Eko Fashola.
Eko Ambode.
Eko Sanwoolu.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by Itohanmiwa: 4:49am On Oct 28, 2022
This is quite commendable. Kudos to the Governor. Together we can make Naija great again, play your part well no matter how little it is. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by ghiloman28(m): 4:52am On Oct 28, 2022
As much as this is laudable Lagos traffic and nonchalant attitude of average Nigerian man working in government office will melt it down.
Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by dam2000(m): 4:56am On Oct 28, 2022
Mad man wike no attend
Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by Tzar(m): 4:56am On Oct 28, 2022
Somebody will now tell me to choose either Lagos Master Planner OR Anambra Master Planner?! Which sane person will choose Anambra?!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by ceaser: 5:03am On Oct 28, 2022
Job creation.

Now next in line is to make sure the parts for their equipments and trucks are sourced for and locally manufactured within Nigeria. This will ensure another round of people indirectly employed by this action by Lagos State.

A job well done.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by DesChyko: 5:04am On Oct 28, 2022
Well done.

I guess it was an internal recruitment.
Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by bigdammyj: 5:10am On Oct 28, 2022
Kudos to the Lasgidi

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by plaindealer: 5:14am On Oct 28, 2022

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by Ok12345(f): 5:17am On Oct 28, 2022
Daddy wa Sanwo Olu..I love you dakuuu grin

The day I will meet you face to face like this,I fit daku smiley

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by theophorus(m): 5:17am On Oct 28, 2022
423 Persons now have Job that's has some form of Security. Well done Mr. Sanwo-Olu shall don't forget Me ooo.

Okwia?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by plaindealer: 5:19am On Oct 28, 2022
..m

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by plaindealer: 5:21am On Oct 28, 2022
Lagos is aggressively Japa'ing from Nigeria..

The more Tinubu dey steal our money, the more God dey bless us with more and more abundance.

Tinubu, abeg make you no stop, keep looting us if this is the result of your looting..

grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by plaindealer: 5:25am On Oct 28, 2022
This is why I always laugh when Igbos leave their 1 gallon kerosene wahala to question where all our money in Lagos is going,

grin grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by Tit4Tat1(m): 5:31am On Oct 28, 2022
plaindealer:
Lagos is aggressively Japa'ing from Nigeria..

The more Tinubu dey steal our money, the more God dey bless us with more and more abundance.

Tinubu, abeg make you no stop, keep looting us if this is this result from your looting..

grin

Dem don use this one head break coconut
Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by RichDad1(m): 5:31am On Oct 28, 2022
It can only be lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by Nastrademus(m): 5:32am On Oct 28, 2022
Lagos geographical location and size is it's advantage, all the states in Nigeria are far bigger than Lagos with less revenues, put the structures of Lagos in a state like Kaduna or any other states, you won't even call it a structure because of vast land spaces in other states with little or no revenue, Lagos is smaller than most local government areas in the north or middle belt, as a governor of Lagos, you don't have a choice than to perform

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Recruits 423 Fire-Officials, Boosts Fire-Fighting Capacity by BigBashiru: 5:37am On Oct 28, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arab Billionaires Bows To Shake Peter Obi At Senator Barau's Son Wedding / Senator Joy Emordi Sacked By The Court Of Appeal! / South African Envoy Explains Hostility To Nigerians !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.