Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

What Is The Benefit Of Autel Topography? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is The Benefit Of Autel Topography? (237 Views)

Autel IM608 Renew Mercedes W203 Used ECU / Autel IM608 Add Iveco Daily 2021 Key Via OBD / How To Transfer Ownership If Buy A Used Autel Scanner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Benefit Of Autel Topography? by mohalo: 7:32am On Oct 28, 2022
Question: What are the opinions on Topography? Does it really benefit you THAT much?

I think it’s very valuable. The factory scan tools show it and it’s easier to determine if you have a missing or non communicating module.
. Speeds up the clearing process. I certainly use it on most jobs it’s nice to have a visual showing that everything is clear .
Topology has more functions
Elite is a good scanner MaxiSys Ultra is another world
https://www.obdii365.com/wholesale/autel-maxisys-ultra-diagnostics-tool.html
Yeah they both do the job but with the topology you have many other options right at your tips
Depends on the implementation of the topology and the knowledge about the specific model... Some scanners just show all the ECUs that could possibly be fitted in a car from that brand around that year... So it doesn't help you anything. And the diagram from the topology doesn't always show the correct CAN-routing of that vehicle. I have a Topdon Phoenix Smart and expected a bit more from the topology. Maybe on newer cars it is correct, but on older cars it's just an overview and someone grouped them toghether as he/her liked. Not like how the car is wired. I even sometimes switch to the 'list' overview as this also shows the DTCs under the ECU. The topology only shows which ECUs are found and how many errors are present. Don't know how good the topology is with other brands, but it wasn't like the topology as in the BMW OE software. BMW reads the car configuration and then knows which ECU should be present.

(1) (Reply)

Where To Buy And Sell Websites And Earn / Free Coding Forum Where You Can Learn Coding Free / Need A Mentor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.