Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,824 members, 7,831,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

CONFUSED! Should I Do This? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / CONFUSED! Should I Do This? (1178 Views)

Raped And Abused : I Am Confused, What Should I Do to save her ? / ‘He Confused Me By Touching My Breasts’ – Girl Raped In Lagos Tells Police / I'm Confused. Should I Blow the Whistle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by ReluctantGuest: 9:02am On Oct 28, 2022
I am in a dilemma and I need advice.

Way back in my university days, there use to be this lady that was my schoolmate whom I go to know through a friend. We became quite close but nothing intimate happened between us.

After my graduation, we parted ways and only spoke via phone once in a while and via social media. I remember I asked her out but she subtly rejected my advances. She eventually got married to someone else but once in a while we still talk on casual grounds.

She use to tell me about her siblings who are 3 guys (she's the only female and the first child of her parents) and form all she said and her behavior during my course of knowing her, she struck me as someone who came from a very strong Christian family background.

Fast-forward to the COVID period in 2020, I posted something on my Facebook timeline which I was selling to help people who may want to prevent being infected from the ailment (a nebulizer) and she saw the post and called me up asking me about it...then she said she talked to one of her brothers about it.

She did and the guy called me up and asked for a meet with it. I showed up and lo and behold, the guy happened to be the last male child of the family.

Now what struck me was the car this guy was pulling...he was driving a very expensive BMW and had the bells and whistles of a G-boy written all over him. This is a guy that is barely 21 from his appearance.

I gave him the nebulizer and he transferred the cash to me and dropped me off where I proceeded to my place.

I was wondering what kind of lifestyle that made such a young boy drive such a clean and expensive ride. I even wanted to call the sister up one day and ask her if she knew what her brother was up to in Abuja as regarding his state of health based on the fact that this guy was smoking heavily while we were in the car but one mind told me to mind my business.

Just day before yesterday, my phone rang and when I looked, it was his sister that was calling...she asked me if I was in Abuja which I said yes and she said that her mum wanted someone she could trust living in Abuja to do something for her so that her mum was going to call me...I was like fine...I am waiting for her call.

The following day (yesterday) she called and apologized for not calling and her mother not calling but briefed me on what she wanted me to do for her.

She told me that her brothers (the one I met driving the BMW in 2020) and the elder one were arrested by the EFCC.

According to her, she said the EFCC stormed their area and raided the place and took the guys as "mistaken identity" and detained them.

She further stated that the EFCC is demanding that before they are released, a family member or someone should present himself or herself as the person they are releasing the boys to and that is where I come in.

She gave her mum the phone and the elderly woman was pleading that she would have come herself but she is far away in the east and can't so she is pleading I go in and stand on her behalf...she said she would give my number to the lawyer involved in the case here in Abuja so I can speak with him which she did.

I called the lawyer and he said that I would come in and stand as a family member and that I am required to bring my identity card with me and a passport photograph...this didn't go well with me when he said this.

I asked him why my ID card and passport is needed and told him I don't really like that idea and I had to call their mother back and told her that I didn't fancy the idea of giving my identity to he EFCC because I have never been to EFCC before either by invitation or arrest so doing that to me was a sort of red flag.

She said I should hold on so she could talk to the lawyer and then hung up...the layer called back and was now trying to calm me down and reassured me that all I needed to do was to stand as a family member or friend as someone the guys are being released to and nothing more.

My reason for posting this is that I am in a dilemma on whether i should do this. Like i said earlier, I have never done anything that warranted me to be invited by the EFCC in my entire life ad I wouldn't want a situation whereby I would be asked to submit my personal documents like a copy of my identification card, my phone number and photograph to EFCC because of two guys I barely know as it may come back to haunt me tomorrow as someone who is related to people who were arrested for internet related fraud.

I called the Lawyer this morning and told him about my reservations on doing this but he kept reassuring me that it was nothing serious and that that since it is not a case of murder or armed robbery, I shouldn't have any reservations whatsoever.

Please what would you do if you were in my place?

I feel I am being used as a pawn...should I stick my head out for these people and risk being placed in the spotlight of EFCC as from now on or should I tell them I won't do it and they should look for someone else?

What if I am applying for a visa tomorrow to a foreign country like the US...we all know how they can scrutinize someone...what if they find my documents in the EFCC database as a family member to 2 internet fraud suspects and it kills my chances of getting a visa? I would have even preferred if it was a police station as I know the Nigerian Police is not really good in record keeping like the EFCC would be.

Or does it mean absolutely nothing if I go there and present myself as a family member when I know I am not?

Please I need your candid advice.

PS: I am supposed to be at the EFCC headquarters by 10am this morning so please mods, if you can push this to frontpage so I can get the answers I need as to what decision I can take.

Sorry for the lengthy writeup.

1 Like

Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by dobnina(f): 9:11am On Oct 28, 2022
It seems you don't love yourself at all but at least pity your own family members.
Do you even know what it means to stand for someone? If the person goes missing, you will be arrested in place of the person.
You are about to be used. If you like don't use your tongue to count your teeth and block all their numbers.
By the way, did the guy send you any money while he was balling??
These people are taking advantage of you being naive.
This is naija and you will suffer for what you know nothing about.
Go and find out the number of innocent people cooling off in jail.

4 Likes

Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by PlayMaker14: 9:13am On Oct 28, 2022
Someone who rejected you is controlling you like a PS3 analog pad.... Na so you mumu reach?

Pant you nor see, brazier hand sef, you nor see, yet she dey use you like Mumu to her own benefits.

“E better make person born THIEF than to born MUMU”

1 Like

Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by Ktosin753: 9:18am On Oct 28, 2022
Why didn't her own husband travel to stand in as a family member. These people are hiding something from you. The truth is that they need someone to take the fall and you are about to be that person. Something similar happened to a friend of mine and he is still suffering for it till this moment. Anything that involves EFCC, police or army, always try to be careful especially if you are not connected. Stay in your Lane and mind your business. In Nigeria, doing good has cost a lot of people their lives so be careful. Don't go anywhere. Tell them your mum warned you not to go or tell them you are not interested.

11 Likes

Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by fortune1894(m): 9:20am On Oct 28, 2022
JUST THE WAY POLITICIANS DEY USE US FOR NAIJA THATS HOW THE FAMILY IS USING U.
U R OF NO VALUE TO THEM, BE SMART

1 Like

Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by Shalommy(f): 9:20am On Oct 28, 2022
Op don't go. Let the sister do that or any member of their family.

2 Likes

Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by Ivimmanuel: 9:23am On Oct 28, 2022
So how many years will it take the mother to travel from the east to Abuja. Why will you want to suffer for what you know nothing about? If the mother can't go there as she claim it's far let the lady send her husband. No go o

5 Likes

Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by plantainbender(m): 9:24am On Oct 28, 2022
I'll explain in simple terms.
R U N
FOR
Y O U R
DEAR
L I F E .

2 Likes

Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by Foodqueen(f): 9:39am On Oct 28, 2022
You better stay your house jeje.

They are about to frame you for something very serious.

Are you a family member

Did you spend from his money Why should you be the one to cover up.

If he cannot be release to his lawyer and his real family member then they should let him rot there.

Am curious, what's that thing u said you are selling again, and what's it use for

3 Likes

Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by Ehinjuola: 9:57am On Oct 28, 2022
This OP self....

You're seeing life wire lyk diz n u won shook ur neck. LMAO.

Wetin dey worri diz OP no b dilemma but Ojukokoro

thinking if he do their bidding probably he will see coochie chop later..

My 2 cent, you better not even try it all coz as you wrote up there, it seems you're aspiring to travel out. What will it profit you if you were denied visa because of someone you don't even share any bond with and probably has not done something good for you.?

So, don't jeopardize your future bcoz of one slack h*le.
Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by Pells: 10:28am On Oct 28, 2022
Your mumu never tire you??
Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by ReluctantGuest: 10:39am On Oct 28, 2022
Thank you all for your criticisms, advice etc.

I have called the lawyer and told him I won't be coming. I can't take that risk.

2 Likes

Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by ReluctantGuest: 10:41am On Oct 28, 2022
Ktosin753:
Why didn't her own husband travel to stand in as a family member. These people are hiding something from you. The truth is that they need someone to take the fall and you are about to be that person. Something similar happened to a friend of mine and he is still suffering for it till this moment. Anything that involves EFCC, police or army, always try to be careful especially if you are not connected. Stay in your Lane and mind your business. In Nigeria, doing good has cost a lot of people their lives so be careful. Don't go anywhere. Tell them your mum warned you not to go or tell them you are not interested.

Exactly my thoughts. I was wondering same too.

Thanks for the heads-up

1 Like

Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by ReluctantGuest: 10:42am On Oct 28, 2022
Ehinjuola:
This OP self....

You're seeing life wire lyk diz n u won shook ur neck. LMAO.

Wetin dey worri diz OP no b dilemma but Ojukokoro

thinking if he do their bidding probably he will see coochie chop later..

My 2 cent, you better not even try it all coz as you wrote up there, it seems you're aspiring to travel out. What will it profit you if you were denied visa because of someone you don't even share any bond with and probably has not done something good for you.?

So, don't jeopardize your future bcoz of one slack h*le.

Everything shouldn't be about s*x.

I don't intend sleeping with her. She is married. The desire to date her is past.

2 Likes

Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by ReluctantGuest: 12:23pm On Oct 28, 2022
Foodqueen:
You better stay your house jeje.

They are about to frame you for something very serious.

Are you a family member

Did you spend from his money Why should you be the one to cover up.

If he cannot be release to his lawyer and his real family member then they should let him rot there.

Am curious, what's they thing u said you are selling again, and what's it use for??

I was selling a nebulizer. it is used for deep inhalation of fumes from liquid antibiotics like Nano silver which I was producing ack then which can be inhaled into the lungs directly to treat respiratory diseases and prevent diseases like COVID.
Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by gulfer: 1:13pm On Oct 28, 2022
Shall we tell him the truth, and his position after standing this surety grin grin grin grin
Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by boldx(m): 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2022
Let the lawyer get his brother or sister or any stranger with a form of identification and pay them off. Tell her you don't have a valid means of identification or that it has expired. Save your life from trouble. That girl won't come and bail you from cell if you are locked up.
Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by Foodqueen(f): 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2022
ReluctantGuest:

I was selling a nebulizer. it is used for deep inhalation of fumes from liquid antibiotics like Nano silver which I was producing ack then which can be inhaled into the lungs directly to treat respiratory diseases and prevent diseases like COVID.

So how far, hope you didn't go
Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by Nemesis0147(m): 5:01pm On Oct 28, 2022
Hey
Stand as the guy’s family member,,it is nothing that is if they will fund the expenses...It is nothing.
I have done it before but he was my cousin.

Just don’t be a surety oh
Simple
Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by capnies: 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2022
TELL THE LAWYER TO USE HIS OWN RELATION
Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by Nicepoker(m): 6:06pm On Oct 28, 2022
See how a common pussy holder is about controlling you. E be like say jail de hungry you.
Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by ReluctantGuest: 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2022
Foodqueen:

So how far, hope you didn't go

No I didn't. Thank you all for your input and suggestions.

1 Like

Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by Moneyyman: 11:59pm On Oct 28, 2022
Don't try it ooo!

If the boy is that rich, they'll have enough money to fly their mum to Abuja. That's a red flag.

If you stand as surety/guarantor and the boy runs away, EFCC will pick you. It happened with Maina and the person that stood for him.

Don't try it bros. No allow the babe and her family put you for trouble.
Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by Johnnyboy6757(m): 10:19am On Oct 30, 2022
ReluctantGuest:
I am in a dilemma and I need advice.

Way back in my university days, there use to be this lady that was my schoolmate whom I go to know through a friend. We became quite close but nothing intimate happened between us.

After my graduation, we parted ways and only spoke via phone once in a while and via social media. I remember I asked her out but she subtly rejected my advances. She eventually got married to someone else but once in a while we still talk on casual grounds.

She use to tell me about her siblings who are 3 guys (she's the only female and the first child of her parents) and form all she said and her behavior during my course of knowing her, she struck me as someone who came from a very strong Christian family background.

Fast-forward to the COVID period in 2020, I posted something on my Facebook timeline which I was selling to help people who may want to prevent being infected from the ailment (a nebulizer) and she saw the post and called me up asking me about it...then she said she talked to one of her brothers about it.

She did and the guy called me up and asked for a meet with it. I showed up and lo and behold, the guy happened to be the last male child of the family.

Now what struck me was the car this guy was pulling...he was driving a very expensive BMW and had the bells and whistles of a G-boy written all over him. This is a guy that is barely 21 from his appearance.

I gave him the nebulizer and he transferred the cash to me and dropped me off where I proceeded to my place.

I was wondering what kind of lifestyle that made such a young boy drive such a clean and expensive ride. I even wanted to call the sister up one day and ask her if she knew what her brother was up to in Abuja as regarding his state of health based on the fact that this guy was smoking heavily while we were in the car but one mind told me to mind my business.

Just day before yesterday, my phone rang and when I looked, it was his sister that was calling...she asked me if I was in Abuja which I said yes and she said that her mum wanted someone she could trust living in Abuja to do something for her so that her mum was going to call me...I was like fine...I am waiting for her call.

The following day (yesterday) she called and apologized for not calling and her mother not calling but briefed me on what she wanted me to do for her.

She told me that her brothers (the one I met driving the BMW in 2020) and the elder one were arrested by the EFCC.

According to her, she said the EFCC stormed their area and raided the place and took the guys as "mistaken identity" and detained them.

She further stated that the EFCC is demanding that before they are released, a family member or someone should present himself or herself as the person they are releasing the boys to and that is where I come in.

She gave her mum the phone and the elderly woman was pleading that she would have come herself but she is far away in the east and can't so she is pleading I go in and stand on her behalf...she said she would give my number to the lawyer involved in the case here in Abuja so I can speak with him which she did.

I called the lawyer and he said that I would come in and stand as a family member and that I am required to bring my identity card with me and a passport photograph...this didn't go well with me when he said this.

I asked him why my ID card and passport is needed and told him I don't really like that idea and I had to call their mother back and told her that I didn't fancy the idea of giving my identity to he EFCC because I have never been to EFCC before either by invitation or arrest so doing that to me was a sort of red flag.

She said I should hold on so she could talk to the lawyer and then hung up...the layer called back and was now trying to calm me down and reassured me that all I needed to do was to stand as a family member or friend as someone the guys are being released to and nothing more.

My reason for posting this is that I am in a dilemma on whether i should do this. Like i said earlier, I have never done anything that warranted me to be invited by the EFCC in my entire life ad I wouldn't want a situation whereby I would be asked to submit my personal documents like a copy of my identification card, my phone number and photograph to EFCC because of two guys I barely know as it may come back to haunt me tomorrow as someone who is related to people who were arrested for internet related fraud.

I called the Lawyer this morning and told him about my reservations on doing this but he kept reassuring me that it was nothing serious and that that since it is not a case of murder or armed robbery, I shouldn't have any reservations whatsoever.

Please what would you do if you were in my place?

I feel I am being used as a pawn...should I stick my head out for these people and risk being placed in the spotlight of EFCC as from now on or should I tell them I won't do it and they should look for someone else?

What if I am applying for a visa tomorrow to a foreign country like the US...we all know how they can scrutinize someone...what if they find my documents in the EFCC database as a family member to 2 internet fraud suspects and it kills my chances of getting a visa? I would have even preferred if it was a police station as I know the Nigerian Police is not really good in record keeping like the EFCC would be.

Or does it mean absolutely nothing if I go there and present myself as a family member when I know I am not?

Please I need your candid advice.

PS: I am supposed to be at the EFCC headquarters by 10am this morning so please mods, if you can push this to frontpage so I can get the answers I need as to what decision I can take.

Sorry for the lengthy writeup.
do u have an idea of who a guarantor is?? Ok ur practically standing in or taking full responsibility if anything goes wrong, like them running away, or failing to show up when invited again. Ur neck is on the line now. If ur ok with it, u can proceed. But use ur head
Re: CONFUSED! Should I Do This? by epondudu: 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2022
What about their sister's husband? Since the lady is married to someone else,I think you should advice her to call her husband to stand for her family. undecided

(1) (Reply)

27-year-old Man Shot Dead By His Wife’s Boyfriend / SHOCKING As Lady Attempted To Poison Her Boyfriend And Was Caught Red Handed / Nigeria Police Hold 'robber' Goat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.