Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

What To Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What To Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake (202 Views)

What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake / The Meaning Of To Lose Your Self For Christ Sake / Saudi Arabia & China For Christ, Apostle Johnson Suleman Takes Crusade To Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake by pob1126: 9:52am On Oct 28, 2022
What You Should Do When You Are Persecuted For Christ's Sake

You should rejoice and be exceedingly glad!

That's what Jesus said you should do when you were persecuted for His sake.

Matthew 5:11-12 (KJV)

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Therefore being persecuted for doing what Jesus says or standing for Him is not something you should be ashamed of, but that which should make you feel really proud, because according to Jesus, your reward shall be great in heaven, so instead of feeling sad and sorry for yourself, you should make a joyful noise unto the Lord and shout hallelujah!

Although this may not make sense to the carnally minded, but that is because this saying was not meant for those of this world but those who are not of this world but of the Kingdom of God.

That's the reason why Peter and John after they were arrested and beaten for preaching the Gospel according to what Jesus had commanded them to do, instead of feeling sorry and shame for themselves, they were instead rejoicing and thanking God for being worthy to suffer shame for Christ sake.

Acts 5:40-41 (KJV)

And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.
And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

Such is the unusual kind of orientation of the leaders of the church in the Bible that I saw and was profoundly amazed and blown away.

It was very different from what I was used to with those of the present day church, and I was really desirous and envious of what they had. I wanted it so badly for myself.

It was only a dream for me at the time, but I'm very happy to say that God had made my dreams come true, as I've also had the rare privilege of being arrested and beaten for preaching the Gospel of Christ on the streets, however whenever I recollect the experience I don't feel but of regret or shame. Instead I'm filled with joy and pride, because i see it as an high honor indeed to have been able to also suffer some shame for Christ's name and Gospel sake and to partake in To free JAMB Expo Runz. the same inexplicable experience and joy of the apostles.

Hence my sharing my experience here and i'm even looking forward to suffering much more and even worse for Christ and His Gospel's sake in the future if God permits, because it would be a great honor indeed because I ain't worthy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dunamis Gospel Center October 2022 Worship, Word And Wonder Night / 2greidz Efejene & Christ Oyakhilome (christ Embassy) / (8). 20 Dreams That Means You Will Be Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.