Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? (1061 Views)

Governor Ododo Committed Criminal Offence By Aiding Yahaya Bello’s Escape -Sagay / Fact Check: Did Prof Aderinto Call Tinubu's Win "Stolen Mandate"? / Deputy Governor Nkem Okeke Committed An Electoral Offence By Revealing His Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2022
I read recently that a candidate in the forthcoming presidential election said he has forgiven the sitting vice president for daring to contest against him in the APC presidential primaries. Please how is that an offence? What actually gives the 'forgiver' the impression that he is solely entitled to the candidacy of the ruling party? And what stops the Emilokan claimant from revisiting the 'offence' and dealing with the 'offender' for his effrontery if he gets elected as president?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by Efuaye(m): 1:13pm On Oct 28, 2022
Yes!
Anything you do that's contrary to the view of a dictator is an offense!
Tinubu will be more dangerous than Buhari if elected!
Nigeria never see suffer.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by BATified2023: 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2022
Efuaye:
Yes!
u igbos don’t understand the meaning of doing things right so no big deal

3 Likes

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by Efuaye(m): 1:33pm On Oct 28, 2022
What makes you think that I am Igbo
Emilokan is the voice of a clear dictator!
This entitlement mentality MUST not be allowed to thrive!
It's the same spirit that brought Buhari in to destroy what was left of Nigeria!
Where did it lead us now?
Atiku is dancing by the side with the same mentality!
Why could they not support a younger person, must they be the one?

BATified2023:

4 Likes

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2022
Against his godfather whom he has helped to bend the constitution to favours him not against the country.

1 Like

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2022
Efuaye:
Yes!
Hmmmmmm!
Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2022
BATified2023:
Please what have Igbos got to do with the 'offence', the 'offender' and the forgiver here. Did Igbos instigate the said 'offence'? Please explain to the readers the way of 'doing things right' in this context. Should prof. Osinbajo, the sitting vice president have sought permission from the Emilokan claimant before declaring his intention to become Nigeria's president? Please explain.

2 Likes

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by Tenses: 2:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
BATified2023:

Shut up this agbado urchins. Osibanjo committed the same offense Ambode committed.

4 Likes

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2022
Revolution2022:
Against his godfather whom he has helped to bend the constitution to favours him not against the country.
Please I don't understand. Can you please expantiate further? Thank you.
Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 2:16pm On Oct 28, 2022
Tenses:

Shut up this agbado urchins. Osibanjo committed the same offense Ambode committed.
Sir, please I don't understand. Can you please explain the 'offence' of prof. Osinbajo vis-a-vis that of former governor Ambode. Thank you.
Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by Willy7(m): 2:21pm On Oct 28, 2022
When I read that rubbish the other day I really felt bad for Osibanjo. Like what the nerve? Such an entitlement mentality. Tinubu thinks Nigeria is his property due to the lackees and layabouts that throng to his coven for help. Soon he will realise that Nigeria is not Lagos. Osibanjo and Tinubu who is better qualified to contest for Presidency? Osibanjo of course. Tinubu shouldn't even be dreaming of being a party chairman if things were normal. With all the baggages and mystery surrounding his person, plus his penchant for corrupt practices, yet some idiots collected money from him as delegates to present such man as Presidential candidate in our beloved country. Nigerians are waiting for him at the polls. We are not all fools.

3 Likes

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by TheRareGem1(f): 2:28pm On Oct 28, 2022
It is a democracy....as long as you are a Nigerian and you have attain the age to contest for the number one officer, you are eligible.

For the VP, he is love by many in fact, Nigerians call him to contest because of his seflessness
Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by asanausana91: 3:04pm On Oct 28, 2022
Efuaye:
It's the same spirit that brought Buhari in to destroy what was left of Nigeria!

who is the younger person?
Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by seunmsg(m): 3:14pm On Oct 28, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
I read recently that a candidate in the forthcoming presidential election said he has forgiven the sitting vice president for daring to contest against him in the APC presidential primaries. Please how is that an offence? What actually gives the 'forgiver' the impression that he is solely entitled to the candidacy of the ruling party? And what stops the Emilokan claimant from revisiting the 'offence' and dealing with the 'offender' for his effrontery if he gets elected as president?

Context is everything!

Tinubu and Osinbajo are friends. They know each other and understand each other. You are an outsider in their relationship and hence can’t understand where they are both coming from.

Tinubu saying he has forgiven him is more about their personal friendship and nothing else. The matter is settled and everyone has moved on. There is absolutely no reason to open this thread just to best a dead horse.

Members of the Vice President’s office have been incorporated into the campaign council of Bola Tinubu. They are all working together to ensure victory for the party in 2023. Enough of this kind of divisive thread, please.

4 Likes

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by omowolewa: 3:22pm On Oct 28, 2022
No
Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by Joyce95: 3:23pm On Oct 28, 2022
Osinbajo is a Nigeria and he have what it take to contest. He commit no crime at all.
Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by Zeemam: 3:26pm On Oct 28, 2022
Help me ask them o
Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by Spandau: 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2022
seunmsg:

Context is everything!

Tinubu and Osinbajo are friends. They know each other and understand each other. You are an outsider in their relationship and hence can’t understand where they are both coming from.

Tinubu saying he has forgiven him is more about their personal friendship and nothing else. The matter is settled and everyone has moved on. There is absolutely no reason to open this thread just to best a dead horse.

Members of the Vice President’s office have been incorporated into the campaign council of Bola Tinubu. They are all working together to ensure victory for the party in 2023. Enough of this kind of divisive thread, please.

Kadoso Mutairu! Agbenuso ileegbimo!

2 Likes

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by OsunOriginal: 4:03pm On Oct 28, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:

Yes, he did. Only an ingrate does what he did. A man that would have been, at best, a lecturer fighting for a salary increase incessantly, was brought to the limelight and even made a VP. The power-drunk has the gut to contest against the man who gave him the opportunity. Yes, he committed a crime... and in the fullness of time, he will pay for it.
Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by Tenses: 4:07pm On Oct 28, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
Sir, please I don't understand. Can you please explain the 'offence' of prof. Osinbajo vis-a-vis that of former governor Ambode. Thank you.

Bros nah for my mouth you won hear say ashawo and olosho than the same thing?!!

1 Like

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by GamalNasser: 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
Buhari and Tinubu committed moral offense by not supporting Osinbanjo

3 Likes

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by Qatar2022: 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2022
BATified2023:
What is right and wrong in osibanjo did? That's simple question and you're talking nonsense, i wonder why Yoruba people on nairaland think that everyone here is an igbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 4:39pm On Oct 28, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Yes, he did. Only an ingrate does what he did. A man that would have been, at best, a lecturer fighting for a salary increase incessantly, was brought to the limelight and even made a VP. The power-drunk has the gut to contest against the man who gave him the opportunity. Yes, he committed a crime... and in the fullness of time, he will pay for it.
In that case Tinubu should have stepped down for any of the people who supprted and gave him the opportunity to become Lagos State governor to contest. Don't you think so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 4:41pm On Oct 28, 2022
Joyce95:
Osinbajo is a Nigeria and he have what it take to contest. He commit no crime at all.
Ok.
Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2022
seunmsg:

Context is everything!

This is not about relationship between the duo or otherwise. The statement on forgiving prof. Osinbajo was made publicly in Kano State and the purpose of the said forgiveness stated or implied. Some loyalists of the vice president were or are offended and they spoke the mind of our vice president. To the best of my understanding, the person claiming to have forgiven the vice president for contesting against him in the APC presidential primaries has not issued any public apologies. One can only be forgiven if he has committed an offence (or crime) at least from the angle of the offended. So did the vice president commit an offence for contesting to be Nigeria's president? That is the point here. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2022
GamalNasser:
Buhari and Tinubu committed moral offense by not supporting Osinbanjo
Can you please explain further. Thank you.
Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2022
Qatar2022:

What is right and wrong in osibanjo did? That's simple question and you're talking nonsense, i wonder why Yoruba people on nairaland think that everyone here is an igbo
I think the modus operandi of the APC towards the 2023 election is to tag everyone who asks questions about their actions an Igbo. They obviously want to reduce the discourse on the election into tribalism. I don't think it is working as a lot of Nigerians of various ethnic groups including Yorubas are supporting Peter Obi for his character, competence, passion, visions and current capacity.

4 Likes

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by Qatar2022: 5:20pm On Oct 28, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
I think the modus operandi of the APC towards the 2023 election is to tag everyone who asks questions about their actions an Igbo. They obviously want to reduce the discourse on the election into tribalism. I don't think it is working as a lot of Nigerians of various ethnic groups including Yorubas are supporting Peter Obi for his character, competence, passion, visions and current capacity.
Your post say it all

2 Likes

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by FreedomfromtheT: 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2022
Qatar2022:

Your post say it all
You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by JoeNL22(m): 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2022
Efuaye:

I don't know where dey got that mentality from?

Anybody against Tinubu is igbo!......can't a yoruba person be against Tinubu?

Must all yoruba persons' support Tinubu?

Must all igbo persons' support Obi?

Must all fulani persons' support Atiku?

These urchins are very very annoying!
Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by Shooyie: 5:57pm On Oct 28, 2022
Isn't it democracy? Isn't he Nigerian? Isn't he eligible? Cos I will never understand. Personally, I believe he should be the flagbearer instead of BAT.

1 Like

Re: Did Prof. Osinbajo Commit An Offence By Contesting The APC Primary Election? by orisa37: 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2022
No. The Accusers are guileful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of The Past Southern Christian Head Of State. / Watch Massive Crowd As Obi Tours Abia, Ebonyi, Abuja In One Day, APC,PDP Shocked / Prepare For ‘bring Back Our Old Notes’ Protest —group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.