Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

KIDNAPPERS On Rampage, Unspecified Numbers Abducted Along Lagos-ibadan Expresswa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / KIDNAPPERS On Rampage, Unspecified Numbers Abducted Along Lagos-ibadan Expresswa (503 Views)

Kidnappers On Rampage In Abuja / Kidnappers On The Prowl In Abuja, Abduct Lecturer, 2 Teenagers, Others In 24 Hrs / 8 Deadly Kidnappers On Abuja-Kaduna Road Arrested By Abba Kyari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

KIDNAPPERS On Rampage, Unspecified Numbers Abducted Along Lagos-ibadan Expresswa by SojWORLDWIDE(m): 2:21am On Oct 29, 2022
An unspecified number of motorists were allegedly kidnapped along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway on Friday, October 28, 2022.

The development generated tension along the expressway as several vehicles aborted the trips to their destination and drove in the opposite direction.

The incident happened around Dominion University City of Faith, KM 24, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

An eyewitness who spoke with our correspondent said nobody could ascertain the number of people kidnapped but three private vehicles were affected.

He listed the affected as a Jeep, a Toyota Camry Car and Sedan vehicle whose model could not be ascertained.

The eyewitness who was travelling from Lagos to Ibadan said there was fear among motorists and passengers around the spot.

He said, “I can confirm some motorists have just been kidnapped near Dominion University, Ibadan. Many vehicles had to turn back but the road is free as I am talking to you.
READ ALSO:  https://www.sojworldne
“I saw three vehicles with their doors wide open and not a single person was found inside the three vehicles and there is no trace of where they ran to.

“One of the cars smashed it bonnet on the wall while the one behind jammed it from behind but there no sign of accident. We are sure it was a case of kidnap because the vehicles were empty.

“At first, we taught it was robbery but if it was not. We should have seen those that were robbed. There was nobody at the scene when my vehicle got there.”

The witness said when they moved away from the scene, they saw some hunters and vigilantes heading towards the place the incident happened.

When contacted, the Amotekun Commandant in the state, Coln Olayinka Olayanju said he has no information about the latest kidnapping in the state.

He said, “I am not aware of such development. There is no way such a thing would happen and we won’t be informed. Such thing is strange to me. I will find out and get back to you.”
The police are yet to react to the development.

CLICK TO READ MORE NEWS UPDATES:

https://www.sojworldnews.com/kidnappers-on-rampage-unspecified-numbers-abducted-along-lagos-ibadan-expressway/

https://www.sojworldnews.com/omg-man-arrested-at-the-point-of-cooking-lovers-private-parts-on-fire-inside-life-story/

https://www.sojworldnews.com/uk-deports-nigerian-student-for-working-more-than-20-hours-read-full-details/

EDITOR'S NOTE:

This is the opportunity you have been waiting for, let your products and services go viral in all our Social Media contacts including, Opera News, Nairaland, Google, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram across the globe.

Call us or send your message to our WhatsApp on 09069473894 for your advert placement, Press Release, Conference, Interviews, Publicity and awareness to reach your target audience.

SOJ WORLDWIDE....an ONLINE NEWS with a difference.
Re: KIDNAPPERS On Rampage, Unspecified Numbers Abducted Along Lagos-ibadan Expresswa by Jakumo(m): 5:27am On Oct 29, 2022
The final 40 miles of highway closest to Ibadan along the road that links that city to Lagos, happens to be one of the smoothest and best-maintained stretches of highway in the entire African continent. It is therefore sobering to read that even at the high speeds that are possible for cars to travel along that highway, kidnappers are STILL successful at bringing vehicles to a stop and then kidnapping people in large groups.

If that pristine stretch of Lagos to Ibadan Expressway is vulnerable to attack, then such mas kidnappings can occur ANYWHERE in Nigeria, at ANY TIME, and WITHOUT any reasonable expectation that the police or military will show up to face the kidnapping bandits. Nigeria is gradually becoming the Afghanistan of the West African seaboard, where random violence can erupt without warning literally anywhere.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Crypto Scammer Exposed! ( The New Scam Some Nigerians Are Running Right Now) / Newborn Baby Found Alive 2 Days After Dad Dumped Her In An Abandoned Toilet.... / Yahoo Boy Scammed By His Babalawo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.