Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

They Jailed Me For Six Years For Offence I Never Committed – Seun Egbegbe - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / They Jailed Me For Six Years For Offence I Never Committed – Seun Egbegbe (438 Views)

Filmmaker Seun Egbegbe Goes To Church, Days After He Was Released From Prison / Court Discharges, Acquits Seun Egbegbe After Spending 42 Months In Prison / Seun Egbegbe Has Now Spent Over 30 Months In Jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Jailed Me For Six Years For Offence I Never Committed – Seun Egbegbe by ovundaelijah200: 7:58am On Oct 29, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGsBwYmGkdk

In his first-ever interview since he regained freedom, Olajide Kareem, commonly called Seun Egbegbe, has said the police unjustly jailed him for six years for an offence he never committed.

The Lagos socialite, known for his lavish lifestyle, finally regained his freedom after spending five years and six months in prison.

He was incarcerated on 10 February 2017, while his trial officially began on 10 May 2017, with over 30 BDC operators storming the court to testify against him.

The police said that he fraudulently obtained money from fewer than 40 Bureau De Change operators in Lagos from 2015 to 2017.

Mr Kareem, who became famous over his love affair with a Nollywood actress, Toyin Abraham, a few years ago, was said to have been abandoned by his colleagues and protégés during his travail.

In an interview with BBC, Mr Kareem described his incarceration as a blessing in disguise as his prison experience helped him identify his enemies disguised as friends around him.

He said: “Those I thought were my friends before I had that issue, I found out were my enemies after I returned from prison. None of my explanations will be acceptable to some people, and they will keep saying it’s a lie because there are too many enemies around me, but I thank God for life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Jailed Me For Six Years For Offence I Never Committed – Seun Egbegbe by obafemiawoga: 8:00am On Oct 29, 2022
Only God honestly

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Jailed Me For Six Years For Offence I Never Committed – Seun Egbegbe by N3wman: 8:04am On Oct 29, 2022

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Jailed Me For Six Years For Offence I Never Committed – Seun Egbegbe by libertyfather(m): 8:07am On Oct 29, 2022
Ehhn! Ehhn!! I talk am the video circulating everywhere can't be you...they just come your house arrest you for nothing

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Jailed Me For Six Years For Offence I Never Committed – Seun Egbegbe by chimaroka60: 8:58am On Oct 29, 2022
Shuu

You don't mean it

(1) (Reply)

Emotional Video Shows Moment Hermes Reunited With 2nd 'oyinbo' Lover After BBN / Lara George Biography, Life History, Net Worth / 5 Nigerian Artistes' Outfit That Can Buy Your House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.