Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,821 members, 7,841,176 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Just Started As A Motor Boy This Week To Learn More On Truck/ Motor Driving - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Just Started As A Motor Boy This Week To Learn More On Truck/ Motor Driving (847 Views)

My Car Engine Just Started On His Own This Morning / Sbarro 4×4+2: The Ugliest Car At The 2018 Geneva Motor Show (Photos) / What IS All That Information On A Motor Oil Container? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Started As A Motor Boy This Week To Learn More On Truck/ Motor Driving by Sirseedorf(m): 7:33am On Oct 30, 2022
Morning guys, based on my previous post about learning truck driving, I've just started this week and it was fun and tedious. Imagine from okoko to ipaja we encountered about 15 checkpoints of agbro doing night shift,. Then again agege alone has about 5 agbero checkpoints blocking road and smashing motors body if the driver refuse to pay.
Our journey was from Ogun state to Ilorin, for the days we spent on road I've been getting some knowledge on to operate a truck but I knew it will take up to 4 to 6 month for me to understand the techniques much better. I've been working as a factory operatives for long, now I want to learn something and I pray God should protect me.

As a driver or a once motor boy that are driving interstate, what advice can you give me more, please i need more knowledge about truck driving, is it easy to get a truck job, the payment, can use it to apply work in a western country and traveling a state or traveling to other state which is better, though I would have asked my driver but I don't want him to feel am asking too much questions.

1 Like

Re: Just Started As A Motor Boy This Week To Learn More On Truck/ Motor Driving by Moh247: 7:54am On Oct 30, 2022
Very smart man

Imagine learning truck business or caterpillar driving and you end up finding yourself in UK or US

You are rich forever

3 Likes

Re: Just Started As A Motor Boy This Week To Learn More On Truck/ Motor Driving by dawnomike(m): 8:06am On Oct 30, 2022
Sirseedorf:
Morning guys, based on my previous post about learning truck driving, I've just started this week and it was fun and tedious. Imagine from okoko to ipaja we encountered about 15 checkpoints of agbro doing night shift,. Then again agege alone has about 5 agbero checkpoints blocking road and smashing motors body if the driver refuse to pay.
Our journey was from Ogun state to Ilorin, for the days we spent on road I've been getting some knowledge on to operate a truck but I knew it will take up to 4 to 6 month for me to understand the techniques much better. I've been working as a factory operatives for long, now I want to learn something and I pray God should protect me.

As a driver or a once motor boy that are driving interstate, what advice can you give me more, please i need more knowledge about truck driving, is it easy to get a truck job, the payment, can use it to apply work in a western country and traveling a state or traveling to other state which is better, though I would have asked my driver but I don't want him to feel am asking too much questions.
You have chosen a very good path... May God protect you and grant you success.
Be patient, you have a lot to learn.

3 Likes

Re: Just Started As A Motor Boy This Week To Learn More On Truck/ Motor Driving by Sirseedorf(m): 8:11am On Oct 30, 2022
Thanks for the contribution guys, your words inspired me more
Re: Just Started As A Motor Boy This Week To Learn More On Truck/ Motor Driving by Tokskob2008: 8:35am On Oct 30, 2022
It's very good you have started learning already but for now don't get much into how much you can make from it or if it's easy or difficult to get a truck job.

All you need for now is to be focused on your boss, how he handles the truck while driving and when not driving, the gear changing, safety precautions while driving and knowledge of various routes. No company or individuals will give out their trucks to someone who doesn't have good knowledge of all this things and many more which I have listed.

And lastly for God sake avoid learning that habit of drinking hot alcoholic drinks drivers take while embarking on a journey. If you must drink DON'T drive!!!

3 Likes

Re: Just Started As A Motor Boy This Week To Learn More On Truck/ Motor Driving by VeryWickedMan: 8:38am On Oct 30, 2022
Don't listen to this ekuke above.

Drinking is essential to truck driving. Hot drink will give you the balls to plough through tough terrain and it will help you stay sharp to drive for long hours.

The best is that once you speak to any Police or agbero and the waft of hot drink hits their nose, they will cooperate immediately.

4 Likes

Re: Just Started As A Motor Boy This Week To Learn More On Truck/ Motor Driving by Sirseedorf(m): 9:27am On Oct 30, 2022
Thanks at the poster above

I don't drink, in fact I am allergic to alcohol. must I lost my decency because of driving no, must I talk vulgar words because am driving a truck no.just so you know, I've never drink an alcoholic or smoke, there are drivers and non drivers that smoke or drink or indulge in both but for me it is negative and I pray and wish to remain like that.
Though am not against drinking alcohol or smoking but it's just not my thing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Started As A Motor Boy This Week To Learn More On Truck/ Motor Driving by XY01: 9:50am On Oct 30, 2022
To the poster above...

I don't have any thing to say, good luck!

1 Like

Re: Just Started As A Motor Boy This Week To Learn More On Truck/ Motor Driving by Bhorlargy(m): 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2022
While at dat, Yu can contact me on 08091424661 for yur class G drivers License.....Best of Luck
Sirseedorf:

2 Likes

Re: Just Started As A Motor Boy This Week To Learn More On Truck/ Motor Driving by udemzyudex(m): 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2022
All I have to say is that don't copy the "make I manage am go this trip" attitude.

Safety first, some drivers will notice there's a problem with the truck, they will put it on the road and endanger the lives of others.

You won't learn everything from your boss though, I know you will meet other drivers or Motor boy like you in this learning journey,try and make friends so you can ask one or two questions when the need arises.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Hijet For Sale In Abuja ,price 1.3m , Neatly Used / Top 10: Best Car Names / Help Urgently!!!! Rover V6 Engine!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.