Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Pawning Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pawning Business (436 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pawning Business by ogashman(m): 10:14am On Oct 30, 2022
Hello guys, I'm thinking of going into a pawnshop business here in Nigeria and I need Ideas from people who have either done it before, currently doing it or those who know how the business is run.

Was watching "American jewelry and loans" some years back and discovered that this could be a very good business to do in Nigeria especially now that the economy is not really looking good and many people need small loans that can sustain them for the week or month.

Also,the rise in the activities of loan sharks has also come with a lot of complaints from customers of high interests rates for small loans. Interests could be as high as 40% for a two weeks loan.

Pls I need u to tell me what u think about a pawnshop ownership in Nigeria. Is it doable in Nigeria based on our laws, people and our environment. I forgot to say that I have never heard of any pawnshop anywhere in Nigeria.

Is it that many have tried and failed?

I will be waiting for ur comments.. Thanks
Re: Pawning Business by PoliteActivist: 10:27am On Oct 30, 2022
So you'd have cash at hand to be giving people and space to hold their collateral. And everybody would know you have them. First, how do you intend to secure all these? Secondly, how do you know you are not receiving a stolen item?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Elon Musk Started From Scratch And Became The Richest Man In The World / How To Make Brown Canoe Soap At Home / Customers Panic As Ifie Sekibo’s Heritage Bank Plunge Into Financial Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.