Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,108 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Don Jazzy's First Radio Interview In Almost 5 Years - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don Jazzy's First Radio Interview In Almost 5 Years (676 Views)

Annie Idibia's Distress Jeans For An Interview In Abuja / Don Jazzy First To Get World Most Expensive Champhane (photo) / Don Jazzy Gets First Radio Interview In Almost 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don Jazzy's First Radio Interview In Almost 5 Years by aloyemeka2: 11:59pm On Aug 20, 2011
Saturday, August 20, 2011
[size=14pt]Don Jazzy's first radio interview in almost 5 years[/size]

How did you come up with the ‘Oliver’ song?
I was upset at some point when people were saying that D’banj and Wande Coal have slowed down in their career. I still want more for them.

Some ladies were mentioned on D’banj’s new song ‘Oliver’, who are they?
Genevieve, Beyonce and Omotola.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-RiEoVheRKbo/Tk_fdISuLyI/AAAAAAAAGYY/BLsnrVgwVZk/s400/idja+and+toolz+lindaikejiblog.jpg[/img]

You have so many fans hailing you right now on Twitter
I love everybody; I love my fans on Twitter and Facebook

I suggest u throw a party.
I’m not quite sure I will throw a party.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-QHNLUsoWbIE/Tk_fgbrR5SI/AAAAAAAAGYc/chJtUP8FBcg/s400/idja+beat+fm+lindaikejiblog.jpg[/img]

You have over 100,000 thousand followers and you don’t want to throw a party?
I’m not sure about that now.

Where did music start for you?
I started music in the church. In the choir at some point… (Pauses) you know what? I don’t want to spill everything yet. I’ll be writing an autobiography, my dad and I are working on it. There’s no name for it yet but he has called it ‘The Making of a Don’.

When will the book be coming out?
It’s coming out next year.

Let’s talk about ‘Enigma’. You asked rappers to record their song versions and submit to you…
It was crazy. I was expecting to see about a hundred responses but I ended up seeing 2000.

Talking about the ‘Oliver’ dance competition, who are the judges?
For now, apart from myself, there are no other judges.

When is the closing date?
It’s been crazy though. I will give out a 3-day notice to when it will close.

So let’s move away from D’banj for a while. What are the other Mo’Hits members up to?
Well, Wande Coal has been recording in the studio and will be dropping a few songs this year. We are all concentrating on D’banj for now though. When his (D’banj) album drops, there’ll be time for the others. Dr. SID is performing in different states and has also started to learn music production, he isn’t doing badly too. D’Prince’s album has been completed since God knows when. We will be releasing it at the right time.

How do you deal with negative comments?
Just like the way Jesus handled them, like Jay-Z handles them, like Kanye, like Beyonce. The thing is that I get more love than hate, so when the negative ones come in, I try to find out why they do that. I block some (followers on Twitter) when I feel they have nothing to say.

Tell us more about D’banj’s album; will it still be titled ‘Mr. Endowed’?
A couple of tracks have been recorded. You can take the previously released singles as mixtape materials. The timing is what is most important. The album name ‘Mr. Endowed’ might change. It has to do with what comes up from now till then. Everybody should please be patient. I know you are all excited.

You were recently nominated at The Headies 2011 in the ‘Producer of The Year’ category alongside Cobhams, Samklef, Jesse Jagz and J Sleek, how do you feel?
Was I nominated? I didn’t know. Thank you so much. I’m honoured. Really, Cobhams and I shouldn’t be nominated. I like Samklef and wish he wins, everybody please vote for Samklef.

Who do you think is the next big thing in the music industry?
Wizkid.

But Wizkid has emerged already and even has an album, who else do you think is the next big thing?
For now, nobody.

So whose music do you listen to nowadays?
I listen to almost everybody, Wizkid, 2face – I can kill for him, Choc Boyz.

What about the Female artistes?
Tiwa savage is good and she has given out so much. Waje is a heavenly singer.

Tell us about working with Kanye West.
I’m very picky with music but Kanye is worse. At times I regret I played ‘Scapegoat’ and ‘Give it to me’ for him because he keeps referring to them when I make beats for him (Laughs). He likes ‘Entertainer’ too.

How about Jay Z, have you done any work for him?
Well, Jay Z recorded on a couple of beats that didn’t make the ‘Watch The Throne’ album but I’m glad ‘Lift off’ did. Over 70 songs were recorded for that album, ‘Lift off’ had been done a long time ago.

Have you done any solo production for Jay Z?
No, not yet.

When will you produce for Beyonce, when will she say ‘It’s Don Jazzy again’?
Beyonce will say it soon. Kanye West has already said it a couple of times.

If you had the chance to work with any other foreign artiste, who would it be?
I would like to work with Rihanna. I like the vibe she gives off, it would be nice to work with her.

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/08/don-jazzys-first-radio-interview-in.html#more
Re: Don Jazzy's First Radio Interview In Almost 5 Years by ragdollz: 12:05am On Aug 21, 2011
Nice interview, the guy knows how to handle questions. They have a good thing going (MO HITS) Oliver is trending on Twitter, and all is well with their world tongue tongue. Waiting for Wande Coal and D'Prince's albums, those are my fave in Mo Hits.
Re: Don Jazzy's First Radio Interview In Almost 5 Years by HighChief4(m): 2:04am On Aug 21, 2011
The guy is kool and intelligent too
Re: Don Jazzy's First Radio Interview In Almost 5 Years by ragdollz: 2:10am On Aug 21, 2011
Have you guys seen the Oliver videos all over YouTube? Seems there's a competition to see who makes the most hilarious vid. Even kids put up theirs! Na wa for this Don Jazzy oh, they're really taking over.
Re: Don Jazzy's First Radio Interview In Almost 5 Years by aloyemeka2: 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2011
Who will by his book in Nigeria?
Re: Don Jazzy's First Radio Interview In Almost 5 Years by Ajibel(m): 10:56pm On Aug 21, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Who will by his book in Nigeria?

you would be the first grin grin grin

after you then his fans cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Fan Returns Chris Brown’s $22,000 Diamond Rolex / Madela Dead? / Mofe Duncan And Joy Bewaji To Host ‘the Breakfast Show On Hitv’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.