Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,134 members, 7,860,076 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:56 AM

Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu (4142 Views)

Unjustified Persecution Of Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu / Plateau South Senator Prof Nora Daduut Greets Senator Remi Tinubu At 62 / Passport Pain: Immigration Officials Feed Fat From FG’s Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by Orangedreams: 10:05am On Oct 31, 2022
kingsways:
Somethings are not just about the individual involved but are about the honour and dignity of the country as a whole

Ekweremadu is not just a serving Senator but a three time Deputy Senate President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Failure of the Buhari led FG to lift a finger to try to diplomatically resolve the Ekweremadu case is condemnable, in bad faith, and bad for the image and dignity of the country Nigeria.

And it is not like Ekweremadu committed any offence that is out of this world. He wrote to the the British High Commission and clearly communicated the purpose of his visit to the UK. This is just a loving parent trying to work out a solution to his daughter's illness.

It is obvious that the supposed victim had lied about many things including claiming that he was minor. And whatever be the case, the supposed victim is still hale and hearty!

Detention of Ekweremadu for months, even when he has not been found guilty of any offence is completely unacceptable!!

This piece is totally unacceptable. So because he is a sitting lawmaker we should gather to do what for him exactly?

The way some of us reason Sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by OnionBandit(f): 10:21am On Oct 31, 2022
voltron14:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIXOzyrleYM

Here you go.

grin

OnionBandit, Epondudu.

Owobokiri.

Come and see something.

Mr kindness, this is witness number 1.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by MiracleMe7: 10:33am On Oct 31, 2022
kingsways:
The implications of this is that any other Nigerian Senator or Governor can as well be unjustly detained overseas and then nothing happens

Can a serving US Senator be treated so badly in the UK, I don't think so
Can a serving US senator go to the UK for medical-related issues?
It's just karma is after Ikeekwere madu. He is a very wicked man. In all the constituencies that he is representing in the red chamber, he has never done anything for them including my town. We have written to him to fix our road. For his 23 yrs as a senator he neglected us. Our road is unmotorable, no water in my entire community, no government project in my community and we have a senator that is representing us. Let him rot in jail in the UK. This is a lesson for all these criminals parading themselves as a politician. Karma will catch them All

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by OsunOriginal: 10:41am On Oct 31, 2022
kingsways:

And the country he has spent 20 years of his life serving as a Senator should do nothing?

Do what? Those senators that are under investigation for crimes in Nigeria too should be set free because they're senators? And who begged him to serve Nigeria as a senator? We should be thanking and worshiping him for feeding fat and flying all over the world on taxpayers' sweat?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by Lanretoye(m): 11:17am On Oct 31, 2022
Shameless bigot,do u think everywhere is as lawless as Nigeria?,na your sister's two kidney dem suppose harvest.fool

3 Likes

Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by SocialJustice: 11:54am On Oct 31, 2022
kingsways:
Somethings are not just about the individual involved but are about the honour and dignity of the country as a whole

Ekweremadu is not just a serving Senator but a three time Deputy Senate President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Failure of the Buhari led FG to lift a finger to try to diplomatically resolve the Ekweremadu case is condemnable, in bad faith, and bad for the image and dignity of the country Nigeria.

And it is not like Ekweremadu committed any offence that is out of this world. He wrote to the the British High Commission and clearly communicated the purpose of his visit to the UK. This is just a loving parent trying to work out a solution to his daughter's illness.

It is obvious that the supposed victim had lied about many things including claiming that he was minor. And whatever be the case, the supposed victim is still hale and hearty!

Detention of Ekweremadu for months, even when he has not been found guilty of any offence is completely unacceptable!!
Don't be silly.

1 Like

Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by Tingotoe: 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2022
kingsways:

Except that in this case, the Senator has not committed any crime whatsoever

It is not a crime for a man to try to find willing donor to resolve his daughter's health issue
Of course it's not a crime to help out your daughter but it's a crime to harvest human organs under British law. He should face the music alone and leave the FG out of it

1 Like

Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by kingsways: 12:46pm On Oct 31, 2022
Tingotoe:
Of course it's not a crime to help out your daughter but it's a crime to harvest human organs under British law. He should face the music alone and leave the FG out of it
He has not harvested anyone's organ yet.

And he showed good faith when he wrote the British High Commission and clearly disclosed the purpose of his visit ahead of the visit.

If the procedure is against the law in Britain, the British High Commission ought to have advised him accordingly and they ought to have refused to grant visa but they failed to do so
Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by maasoap(m): 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2022
Blazebond:
My stand on this issue is same as yours, Nigeria ought to have insisted on the u.k to release the senator after investigation have revealed that the senator is actually innocent of the crime being leveled against him ,this are some of the ways this so-called developed nations undermine us,a very strong message from the Nigerian government ought to have been released publicly condemning the continued unwarranted detention of the serving senator by the British government considering the fact that all investigations have revealed that the boy lied about being an underaged individual in his press release and that the senator followed due process in his travel application for the operation.

Who found him innocent? When was that? You don't mind posting the link here?
Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by maasoap(m): 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2022
colonelwealth:

Kudos bro...I like your write up and I support you.

The man can still be kept under house arrest pending the conclusion of the case instead of sensationalizing things by putting him in prison.....would he have ran away and left his family or sick child..?

If the gravity of the allegation against him doesn't give room for house arrest, that means house arrest is out of the picture which happens to be the case here.

The so called "underaged" Boy is busy enjoying his mischief while his backers cheer on but only God will judge this matter and time will tell.

Not just about underage but human trafficking and organ harvesting.

His crime was simply trying to be a good father&protector to his child&family.

At what expense to another family, to another child? He bit more than he could chew and that's good for him and his likes
Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by kingsways: 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2022
Orangedreams:

This piece is totally unacceptable. So because he is a sitting lawmaker we should gather to do what for him exactly?

The way some of us reason Sha.

That you even unable to see what you should do part of the people
Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by Lastmessenger2: 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2022
kingsways:

Ekweremadu is just one out of 109 members of the Senate, cannot pass any law all by him, and has no executive powers to build world class hospitals
what is that money called constituency project meant for ?
Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by kingsways: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2022
Lastmessenger2:
what is that money called constituency project meant for ?

It’s for small projects like borehole; cannot fund world class hospital
Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by Lastmessenger2: 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2022
kingsways:

It’s for small projects like borehole; cannot fund world class hospital
no senator get less than 100m per annum on constituency project and that amount can build a good hospital in four years time.

1 Like

Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by Afamed: 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2022
Blazebond:
My stand on this issue is same as yours, Nigeria ought to have insisted on the u.k to release the senator after investigation have revealed that the senator is actually innocent of the crime being leveled against him,this are some of the ways this so-called developed nations undermine us,a very strong message from the Nigerian government ought to have been released publicly condemning the continued unwarranted detention of the serving senator by the British government considering the fact that all investigations have revealed that the boy lied about being an underaged individual in his press release and that the senator followed due process in his travel application for the operation.

Only the court of law can order his release not even the PM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by colonelwealth(m): 6:55pm On Oct 31, 2022
MissLAP:

Did you noticed that almost all the Igbos in Nigeria never cared if he rot in the UK?

Did you noticed that almost all northerners never cared if he rot in UK?

Did you noticed that almost all Westerner never cared if he rot in UK?

The few that went there did it because they were colleagues!

What's the learning point?

Always identify with your tribe because that is how Africa is structured, Africans are person's of tribe.

Never neglect your people and always see reasons to protect them.

I said this because when he arrived Germany and was beaten mercilessly that should have taught him a lesson that his is no longer loved by the Igbo and he would have quickly make amends.

You were there when Buhari did everything possible to protect bokoharam members.

Nice one..
You have made a very deep point and I think I to have agree with you.

But in all, Nigeria as a nation bears the disrespect.

I hope the others learn too.
Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by colonelwealth(m): 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2022
maasoap:

If the gravity of the allegation against him doesn't give room for house arrest, that means house arrest is out of the picture which happens to be the case here.

Not just about underage but human trafficking and organ harvesting.

At what expense to another family, to another child? He bit more than he could chew and that's good for him and his likes

Bro, you have just exhibited the same things I was talking against.
You have already judged the man& sentenced him without proper trial.
You judged him guilty based on media trial and because he happens to be a senator who you believe is corrupt.

Why not allow the law courts determine the case and while at that why not try to protect the respect of your nation.

I repeat no serious nation(even poor nations) will allow a high ranking national be subjected to such ridicule because it will definitely rob off their general persepection or respect.

Note I am in no way saying he is innocent or guilty here but my point is, treating him this way is a huge slap on our nation no matter what.

If he was a British MP, do you think the British government's will allow or tolorate such treatment by any foreign nation..?

If he can be treated this way, then any Nigerian official including the no 1&2 citizens of Nigeria might be disrespected in the future by any nation.

Are ordinary Nigerians even fairing any better presently ...?

1 Like

Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by maasoap(m): 12:38pm On Nov 01, 2022
colonelwealth:

Bro, you have just exhibited the same things I was talking against.
You have already judged the man& sentenced him without proper trial.
You judged him guilty based on media trial and because he happens to be a senator who you believe is corrupt.

Why not allow the law courts determine the case and while at that why not try to protect the respect of your nation.

I repeat no serious nation(even poor nations) will allow a high ranking national be subjected to such ridicule because it will definitely rob off their general persepection or respect.

Note I am in no way saying he is innocent or guilty here but my point is, treating him this way is a huge slap on our nation no matter what.

If he was a British MP, do you think the British government's will allow or tolorate such treatment by any foreign nation..?

If he can be treated this way, then any Nigerian official including the no 1&2 citizens of Nigeria might be disrespected in the future by any nation.

Are ordinary Nigerians even fairing any better presently ...?

You are the one trying to arm twist the law. Just because he's a senator in Nigeria, he should be given special treatment instead of standard treatment, lol.
Protecting the honour of my country is not the same as protecting a criminal who happened to be a Nigerian senator. So, don't get yourself confused.

3 Likes

Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by colonelwealth(m): 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2022
maasoap:

You are the one trying to arm twist the law. Just because he's a senator in Nigeria, he should be given special treatment instead of standard treatment, lol.
Protecting the honour of my country is not the same as protecting a criminal who happened to be a Nigerian senator. So, don't get yourself confused.

Bro, I won't go back and forth with you...I have made my point and I know you understand it

You just refered to him as a criminal without allowing the courts determine that.

I repeat, because he is a senator does not make him automatically guilty.
This was the same thing you guys said about the Airpeace boss& sensationalized the matter without allowing for due delligence. ...now the court has exornoratred him

Most of you thinks that once someone from Africa or Nigeria is accused by the whites or so called 'developed nations' he/she then must be guilty....you believe erroneously that their system is infallible which have been proved wrong countless times.

I think this is as a result of inferiority complex towards the west and undue bitterness towards one's nation.

Nobody is asking for the law to be twisted to suit him neither am I absolving him of an wrong doings.

My point is,in the handling of the matter, Nigerias' respects/prestige must be upheld at all cost.

He is our senior government official, they shouldn't treat him like a condemned criminal based on accusations that is yet to be proved.

I blame the Nigerian government and her citizens for most of the rubbish other nations do to us and get away with it.

Trust me the British will never ever allow a senior government official of their be treated this way no matter the accusations against him in a foreign land....they will demand respect to their national & his repatriation to face the law in their home country.

International principles of diplomatic engagements is not there for decoration, it is there for times like this.

Stop condemning unjustly people based on the virtue of their success or positions in life, you will gain nothing from it Bro.

The way you have concluded that he is guilty&be dealth with even if it means rubbishing Nigeria as a nation diplomatically,have you used that strength to ask critical& independent question or sort to find out the truth about the said boy...?

Ekwerenmadu should be allowed to defend himself in court without bias but in all with respect to his office as a top senator of the federal republic of Nigeria.

If you must critise him, put aside sentiments&hearsay & do so based on the account of his service as a senator to Nigerians and his representation of his people in the red chamber.
Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by skj1377(m): 12:24pm On Nov 02, 2022
Don't worry Peter obi, Atiku or Tinubu will help him soon
kingsways:

Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by Ronaldayomide: 7:01am On Nov 03, 2022
If you willing to donate your kidney to save life please contact me on. 08149197256
Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by Ronaldayomide: 7:12am On Nov 03, 2022
If you want to donate your kidney to save life please contact me on this number: 0814919726. You could possibly message me on WhatsApp for more info.
Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by dettolgel: 7:40am On Nov 03, 2022
HenryTimes:

Ekweremadu should be ashamed of himself. Deputy senate president for three consecutive times and his constituency can't even boast of any hospital that can handle kidney related illness.

Let him enjoy his trust in oversea medical treatment as one of the privileged Nigerians

He is my senator I support you. May they jail him as long as he deserves maybe other politicians will learn and start doing the right thing.

No single sensible Igbo person support him he made his bed let him lay on it.

1 Like

Re: Implications Of FG's Failure To Help Senator Prof. Ike Ekweremadu by Lionnation: 8:08am On Nov 03, 2022
Ekweremadu is an igbo man a leason for all the usless Igbo politicians working for supporter of APC for a plate of portage,

Serve the zoo and come back in shame

If he is a fulani man federal government would have been responsible for him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shekau Has Been Uncovered! / Who Else Knows What This Is?(pics) / Buhari Has Returned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.