Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary (23712 Views)

Tinubu: I Didn't Travel To France And I am Still The Jagaban / Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate / Why Lawyers Slept During Presidential Elections Tribunal Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by TheLawAsItIs: 9:34pm On Oct 30, 2022
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, on Sunday, opened up on some of what transpired during the party’s presidential primaries.

Speaking when he met with the leaders of the pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, at the residence of its National Leader, Pa Reuben Fasoranti, in Akure, the Ondo State capital, Tinubu admitted that he was “in doubt and confused” at some point during the exercise.

The former Lagos State governor also alluded to the roles played by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), and Northern governors led by Kaduna and Kano States Nasir El-Rufai and Abdullahi Ganduje respectively that led to his emergence as the party’s flagbearer.

He explained that the assurance by Buhari that he would remain neutral throughout the process and the El-Rufai-led Northern governors endorsement that power should shift to the South-West were the major factors that contributed to his emergence.

He said, “The North proved to me that Nigeria can survive its unity. Some people want President Muhammadu Buhari to announce someone but the President said No. He insisted the process must go on democratically. The president said anyone that would mess up the APC process would see the other side of his eyes. He remained upright and saw to the process to the end.

“Northern APC Governors resolved that the Presidency must go to the South and especially South-West. Governor Nasir El-Rufai, Abdullahi Ganduje and others supported me to the end. The battle was tough and at a point I was in doubt. There were many rumours and I became confused of what to believe.”

Tinubu stressed that he enjoyed the support of Buhari who had affirmed his full support to make sure he (Tinubu) wins the election.

“President Buhari told me I promoted his name with the way I won the primary election because the process was clean and transparent and nobody can accuse him of manipulating the process. President Buhari said I gave him credibility and I deserved to be President.

“When I asked him to nominate the VP candidate for me, he said I should pick whoever I want and it is the reason I chose a competent man in Kashim Shettima who never lost any election and protected Christians in time of trouble in his state,” he stated.

Tinubu said he had earlier visited Chief Fasoranti before the presidential primary and the Afenifere leader prayed for him to win the election.

“Baba has prayed for me and I said once I got it I will come back. I thank God Almighty that the dream of that time has come to reality. The battle was much. There are many of them that wanted Buhari to anoint another person but he ( Buhari) said no. Some of the northern governors came together and resolved that it (power) has to go to South.

“One thing that is certain, no Yoruba men and women opposed this ticket. They support this ticket. I want to tell you that I will bring the trophy home. It is not just a Yoruba thing. It is a Nigeria project.

In his response, Pa Fasoranti, who briefly prayed for the APC candidate, simply declared, “Tinubu will win the election”.

https://punchng.com/i-was-doubtful-confused-during-presidential-primary-tinubu/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1667160031

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by Urheadmaster(m): 9:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
grin

“When I asked buhari to nominate the VP candidate for me, he said I should pick whoever I want and it is the reason I chose a competent man in Kashim Shettima who never lost any election and protected Christians in time of trouble in his state,”.

One of the reason Tinubu went to hire fake bishops during the unveiling of shettima the boko haram accountant general as his vice presidenttongue undecided.

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by TinubuThief: 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2022
grin
Foolish criminal. Na so you and your urchins go they confuse till infinity

129 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by ecolime(m): 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2022
The whole world knows why you are always looking doubtful, confused and morose. It's due to old age which isn't a bad thing. We all pray to live long and grow old.

But, it's about time you do the honorable thing, which is to step down for Peter Obi. He is agile and much younger. You can always give him valuable Political tips as an elder stateman.

Remi Tinubu should be ashamed of herself. Instead of her to take care of her elderly husband, she keep exposing Baba to public ridicule all because of the title of "First Lady". Very selfish woman undecided

69 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by SILVERLINES: 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2022
grin
Was that the result to epileptic hands and legs?

Even with ur damage brain you think you are too smart and can deceived Nigerians

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by Enddy50ty(m): 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
Your desperation to become President will only leed to the destruction of everything you have built politically.

Go home and take care of yourself as an elder statesman just like IBB and Abdulsalam Abubaka and the rest.

If it's for this upcoming elections, Let's try Peter Obi.
Vote LP.

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by Hoedogwu(f): 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2022

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by Benz03: 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
He forgot to add that he is still doubtful

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by Africum: 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
Good, with this massive support from the South West, Tinubu/Shettima is a goal. Ile Latin Ko eso rode as the Yoruba do say. Watch as the son of the soil sings the AFENIFERE ANTHEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBGhRJhd374

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by OgaDeyVex: 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by New007: 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
Has anything changed since then?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by Thermodynamics(m): 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
Mumu, your confusion never start. Thief.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
Lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by Curious345: 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
Hnmm..

With money , almost everything is possible

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by clydecarson(m): 9:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
Lai Mohammed the second���

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by BafanaBafana: 9:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
How
Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by Brendaniel: 9:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
I knew he was, especially when he made the statement Emilokan, that was a desperate Tinubu fighting dirty and ready to destroy APC if he did not get the ticket, but he shot himself on the leg with such revelations about him and Buhari because people hated him the more and saw how self centered he was about his ambition

He won the presidential ticket but lost the presidential seat

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by worksmart(m): 9:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
Confusion is a sign of senility!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by mooremoney(m): 9:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
You will continue to be confused till after February 2023. You will never be president.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by Daniel058(m): 9:43pm On Oct 30, 2022
But are you sure you are going to win grin .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by NothingDoMe: 9:43pm On Oct 30, 2022
Lol. He's saying that he has the support of Yorubas and the north. That he will bring the trophy home.

It is senility to think that the West will vote massively for a Westerner while the North will also vote massively for the said Westerner ignoring the other aspirant from the North. cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by Aklee4994(m): 9:43pm On Oct 30, 2022
Okay
Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by SKYHIGHfx: 9:44pm On Oct 30, 2022
This man is mentally unstable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by Multitalented1(m): 9:44pm On Oct 30, 2022
Peter Obi is so dull and not bright at all, his takes on issues are pedestrian and puerile. Even you as his supporter will do far better. Let him go face his next cash and carry trading business, he can engage his fellow traders in his container economics. Nigeria is above his paygrade.

I’ve seen some of his uninformed supporters claim he became a billionaire at 40+, several illiterate 40+ year old billionaires abound.

Your principal is dimwitted, devoid of developmental strategies, lack human capital development, unintelligent, and very empty. He lacks the cognomen to be President and CinC. He can be President of Agulu Autonomous Community Town Union.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by plantist: 9:44pm On Oct 30, 2022
TinubuThief:
grin
Foolish criminal. Na so you and your urchins go they confuse till infinity

Your tears give me joy grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by ipobarethieves: 9:44pm On Oct 30, 2022
sad7

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by Think9ja(m): 9:44pm On Oct 30, 2022
shocked
Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by Multitalented1(m): 9:45pm On Oct 30, 2022
APC - 15,191,847
PDP - 11,262,978

PDP got 11M votes When Kwankwaso was there with his movement.

When Wike was there with his Governors allies

When Obi was there not in Labour Party

Labour in Vain Party and PDP ma lulę in 2023

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Was Doubtful, Confused During Presidential Primary by Theunbothered: 9:45pm On Oct 30, 2022
Tinubu is always confused, that's why he can't go in public without embarrassing himself , that's why his supporters want to hide the man from the media as much as possible. grin

A confused, greedy and aimless politician with nothing to offer Nigeria.

One thing that is certain, no Yoruba men and women opposed this ticket. They support this ticket. I want to tell you that I will bring the trophy home. It is not just a Yoruba thing. It is a Nigeria project.

Sensible Yorubas have rejected Tinubu, only tribalists, thieves and religious extremists will disagree. tongue

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unclaimed $45m: We Need To Examine Wike’s Mental Status – Peterside / Ibrahim Shekarau Declares 2019 Presidential Ambition / Governors, Senators Rift Threatens Buhari’s Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.