Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

I Need Some Tech Skill Advice... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Some Tech Skill Advice... (293 Views)

It's easy, learn a new tech skill. / I Need Some Help Please / I Want 2 Learn Phone Repairs. Is It A Good Skill? Advice Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Some Tech Skill Advice... by ezeknov(m): 10:45pm On Oct 30, 2022
Hello... I Hope You're Doing Well

In order to prepare for the following year, I intend to learn a freelance skill, but I need assistance with the following.

• WordPress; web design; web programming

As mentioned above:

1. Which one is hard or takes time to master?
2. Which one is more profitable among the trio?
3. (Looks like a silly question right?) Can I use my desktop computer to learn?
4. Could you suggest a really nice course for me?
I mean truly excellent ones.
5. Which one is best to learn while schooling?

In anticipation, I appreciate your responses.
Re: I Need Some Tech Skill Advice... by Lordwheez(m): 4:54am On Oct 31, 2022
Now, both WordPress and Web Programming are modes of web design. WordPress deals more with plugging and templates which takes little to no time to understand and execute with little to no programming skills. Web Programming on the other hand is getting yourself versed in the art of using programming languages to build and develop web services, be it websites are web applications. So you choose your forte based on your capability.
Re: I Need Some Tech Skill Advice... by Lordwheez(m): 5:01am On Oct 31, 2022
Now, which is harder... I'd say Web Programming, as you really are in control of what you're doing, meaning you have to be really skilled in the art.

Most profitable, this will depend on how you see it. If saving time equals profitability for you, then do WordPress, but if complexity of projects define profitability, then web programming.

And yes, your desktop computer will do just good, but with time, you'd understand what you need based on your choices.

Find courses online. Coursera, Edx, even YouTube..... Just pick one that works for you.

If you're still schooling, it means you got time on hands. Now it's still left to you, cos it boils down to profitability. If you do one, it doesn't stop you from doing the other. So you can start with WordPress so you grasp what whole idea of user interface, then delve into proper backend development once you feel you can.

Muchas gracias.....
Re: I Need Some Tech Skill Advice... by ezeknov(m): 7:12am On Oct 31, 2022
Thanks for tip, I really appreciate your time lordwheez.

I will be considering WordPress...

But web programming and web development....are they not the same?
Lordwheez:
Now, which is harder... I'd say Web Programming, as you really are in control of what you're doing, meaning you have to be really skilled in the art.

Most profitable, this will depend on how you see it. If saving time equals profitability for you, then do WordPress, but if complexity of projects define profitability, then web programming.

And yes, your desktop computer will do just good, but with time, you'd understand what you need based on your choices.

Find courses online. Coursera, Edx, even YouTube..... Just pick one that works for you.

If you're still schooling, it means you got time on hands. Now it's still left to you, cos it boils down to profitability. If you do one, it doesn't stop you from doing the other. So you can start with WordPress so you grasp what whole idea of user interface, then delve into proper backend development once you feel you can.

Muchas gracias.....

(1) (Reply)

Meet Ogbuefi Kosiso, The Youngest Female Cow Dealer In Nnewi / Latest Frude In Union Bank Nig Plc / Can You Draft A Start-up Documentation ? Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.