Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Of The Ooni, Japa Syndrome And The Fate Of The Nigerian Woman. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Of The Ooni, Japa Syndrome And The Fate Of The Nigerian Woman. (648 Views)

The Fate Of Tunde Thomas! A Lesson For Men!! / Nigerian Woman Disfigured By Her Husband, Says She Still Loves Him. Photo / "Some Call It Incest, We Call It Fate" - Man Who Impregnates His Sister Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of The Ooni, Japa Syndrome And The Fate Of The Nigerian Woman. by oldienavie: 1:07am On Oct 31, 2022
I have read over the past few days the comments made regarding Oonis decision to marry 6 wives within a short time frame .
Amongs these women are ladies as young as 31 years old, some of them even schooled abroad a luxury less than 5% of Nigerian ladies can lay claim to.
In short, these are exposed, wealthy women, so why will such women happily agree to become 3rd, 4th, 5th wives to a man who is much older than them ?

Somewhere in England, a 33 year old Nigerian guy just landed to pursue a masters in Data Science after dumping his girlfriend of 7 years, he emptied all his life savings and borrowed some more. He is not going back to Nigeria anytime soon.

And so many young men who should be planning to get married are rather saving up to travel out. So who will marry the 1000s of single women that this imbalance has caused ?
You got it, the Hoorny's of Ife. grin grin grin

Your tots ...

1 Like

Re: Of The Ooni, Japa Syndrome And The Fate Of The Nigerian Woman. by Raalsalghul: 1:40am On Oct 31, 2022
Oldienavie, those young guys will still be back.

1 Like

Re: Of The Ooni, Japa Syndrome And The Fate Of The Nigerian Woman. by oldienavie: 1:42am On Oct 31, 2022
Raalsalghul:
Re: Of The Ooni, Japa Syndrome And The Fate Of The Nigerian Woman. by Gerrard59(m): 1:47am On Oct 31, 2022
oldienavie:

They will come back after 5 years to come and marry younger girls bah ?

Yes. I have a hypothesis that says, "once a Nigerian who is above 25 relocates, the likelihood of the person returning to Nigeria is above 50%". Not many can withstand the cold, starting afresh and the social structure of the country. So, once they attain citizenship status, they will return. Those are the future sugar-daddies as they would have money to live very comfortable lives in Nigeria.

But dumping a girl you dated for seven years isn't fair. Then again, why date for so long?

oldienavie:
I have read over the past few days the comments made regarding Oonis decision to marry 6 wives

And so many young men who should be planning to get married are rather saving up to travel out. So who will marry the 1000s of single women that this imbalance has caused?
You got it, the Hoorny's of Ife. grin grin grin

Your tots ...

Other men who are in Nigeria or become perpetual side chicks to mistresses or single mothers or third or fourth wives or kuku remain spinsters.

1 Like

Re: Of The Ooni, Japa Syndrome And The Fate Of The Nigerian Woman. by Raalsalghul: 1:47am On Oct 31, 2022
oldienavie:

This was what I did, but it become a problem when this is the dream of half of your youth...

This is a tragedy that is waiting to explode...

The way I see it, it'll balance it self because you also have to factor in that women are moving too unless you have data that men are migrating more than women?
Re: Of The Ooni, Japa Syndrome And The Fate Of The Nigerian Woman. by oldienavie: 1:47am On Oct 31, 2022
Raalsalghul:

This was what I did, but it become a problem when this is the dream of half of your youth, what will happen to the 1000s of single ladies left behind ?

This is going to make an already bad situation worse, go on social media see young ladies complaining of lack of partners, the effects are evident.

What prompted this write was a chat I had with a female friend, 28 year old beautiful lady, she said no man had asked her out in the past 6 months, I almost couldnt believe it.

This is a tragedy brewing...
Re: Of The Ooni, Japa Syndrome And The Fate Of The Nigerian Woman. by oldienavie: 1:48am On Oct 31, 2022
Gerrard59:

Yes. I have a hypothesis that says, "once a Nigerian who is above 25 relocates, the likelihood of the person returning to Nigeria is above 50%". Not many can withstand the cold, starting afresh and the social structure of the country. So, once they attain citizenship status, they will return. Those are the future sugar-daddies as they would have money to live very comfortable lives in Nigeria.
What happens to the women left behind in the mean time ?
They become food for the Hoornys..
Re: Of The Ooni, Japa Syndrome And The Fate Of The Nigerian Woman. by oldienavie: 1:50am On Oct 31, 2022
Raalsalghul:

The way I see it, it'll balance it self because you also have to factor in that women are moving too unless you have data that men are migrating more than women?
There is no where in the world that the emmigration rate of women is equal to that of men, not to talk of Nigeria where women are less likely to be adventurous.

I don't want to talk about the women that emigrate and the fate that awaits majority of them, there are way too many threads on NL alone to open your eyes to the reality most of them have to deal with abroad...

1 Like

Re: Of The Ooni, Japa Syndrome And The Fate Of The Nigerian Woman. by Gerrard59(m): 1:52am On Oct 31, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Basic biology would attest that men move out to eke a living even in far-flung areas than women. Ab into, Nigerian men have always relocated to other countries more than their women. Yes, the Internet has democratised information on leaving the country, but that has even made more men to do so.
Re: Of The Ooni, Japa Syndrome And The Fate Of The Nigerian Woman. by tosinhtml: 2:17am On Oct 31, 2022
Gerrard59:

But dumping a girl you dated for seven years isn't fair. Then again, why date for so long?

Because there is no money to marry cheesy

Let's blame Bubu.
Re: Of The Ooni, Japa Syndrome And The Fate Of The Nigerian Woman. by Gerrard59(m): 2:49am On Oct 31, 2022
oldienavie:

What happens to the women left behind in the mean time ?
They become food for the Hoornys..

I already made mention of that. At least with the freedom these days, they can also decide to remain single.
oldienavie:

This was what I did, but it become a problem when this is the dream of half of your youth, what will happen to the 1000s of single ladies left behind ?

This is going to make an already bad situation worse, go on social media see young ladies complaining of lack of partners, the effects are evident.

What prompted this write was a chat I had with a female friend, 28 year old beautiful lady, she said no man had asked her out in the past 6 months, I almost couldnt believe it.

This is a tragedy brewing...

As you said, high valued men are leaving Nigeria or quality men who should be looking towards marriage are rather relocating. Since more men relocate than women, it means there are many high-quality ladies in Nigeria who are not meeting the men of their desires. The women who will enjoy these high quality men who have japa'd are still in secondary schools or at best freshers in universities. My own be say these adult ladies should not infect Ndi

LOL @ the bold. A man of her choice has not approached not no man has approached her. The average lady in Nigeria gets at least 3 toasters daily, let alone a beautiful young lady. She should tell you the truth. grin

1 Like

Re: Of The Ooni, Japa Syndrome And The Fate Of The Nigerian Woman. by Foodqueen(f): 3:35am On Oct 31, 2022
Ooni will marry all of them.

Hope de say, ooni go reach everybody.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

/ What Advice Would You Give A 32 Year Old Jobless Graduate? / Opportunity That Suits Your Family Needs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.