Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,265 members, 7,836,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

How To Get Someone To Become A Client - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Get Someone To Become A Client (141 Views)

I Write Ads Copy For A Client Titled "Wood Comes To Life" / The State Of A Self Contain Given To A Client By An Agent For #250, 000 / Photo: Physically Challenge Barber Seen In Nigeria (his Client Chapdee Post On F (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Someone To Become A Client by TavershimaAyede(m): 11:27am On Nov 01, 2022
What are the different kinds of client meetings any one of us could be having? And how can we have structured business conversations around that?

One scenario is not really a "client" scenario per se. The first instance is that conversation where we're trying to get someone to come along with us as a client.

In the proper business sense, this person is a "prospect" or "potential client or customer" because "clients" are people we have a subsisting business relationship with.

A client has already engaged your services or given you money in the past to solve a problem or provide a product or service to them.

So now that we're clear that we're dealing with a "potential client", what are the kinds of conversations we should engage in to get someone to become our client.

The first of those conversations according to sales theory is called a "prospecting" conversation.

Prospecting is the art of looking for people to talk to.

Those should be people who could be potential customers tomorrow because they have a problem, or are working towards a vision that our product or service could help them with.

How do you find people to talk to in the prospecting stage? You do so by asking a few questions like, "where do my ideal customers hang out?", "what kinds of things are my customers interested in?", "which kinds of people are likely to have a problem that my product or service could solve?".

The answers to these questions will give you clues to where you should start looking for people to talk to.

So let's assume that you sell bags and shoes for ladies on Instagram... how would you go about prospecting? We'll tackle that and more in future posts.

(1) (Reply)

Ilana Omoodua Splits Again As Deputy Leader Resigns / Get Loan SMSF Borrowing In Sydney | Loans & Mortgages / Gftyn Turghdfdxfvs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.