Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,544 members, 7,850,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:11 AM

Read Pls. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Read Pls. (609 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read Pls. by Tiana155(f): 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2011
Hello there, please i need your advice on this matter, my boyfriend and i have been dating for seven years now, in those years we had a child. The big problem we have is my mother, she does not want me to marry him. Now my bf wants us to do a court marriage. After the court marriage i intend to keep it secret until after sometime. Is it wise?
Re: Read Pls. by inzaneclan(f): 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2011
Please explain further,why your mother does not want you to marry a man whom you already have an issue for?
More facts are needed,please.
Re: Read Pls. by bilglint(m): 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2011
No u cant conduct a marriage without d knowledge of ur mum or parent,knowing she has her season for not wantin u both
to be married. Betterstill u can call on d attension of her best friend or people she listens to (like leader in the church), ask dem to plead on your behalf so she can see reasons with u why u want to marry the man, since He is stil interested in u. The blessing of a mother is important in your marriage Good luck.
Re: Read Pls. by obowunmi(m): 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2011
If u love tihs man why not ? Wait again, why doesn't your mom approve of him ?
Re: Read Pls. by Tiana155(f): 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2011
I Thank you all for your comments, basically from what my mother says that he is from the east, he is tempermental, he is not rich. I have asked her why she does not want to approve him if there is maybe something but i dont get a reply. So i dont know what to do i think i have waited enough.
Re: Read Pls. by Johndoe100(m): 11:03pm On Aug 21, 2011
@OP
As you already have a child for this man, you people can go ahead and marry. You will do well to get people your mother respects to speak to her on your behalf.
Re: Read Pls. by femmy2010(m): 11:46am On Aug 22, 2011
@poster,
you already have a child for him and you both love yourself then go for it and i do want you to let your mom know about the wedding.
It does not matter if she is for or against the union.
Re: Read Pls. by Outstrip(f): 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2011
He is has a hot temper then I don't blame your mom. She sees the potential of an abuser in him. Has he hit you in the past? I still don't understand why you want to secretly wed him though. How old are the both of you by the way?
Re: Read Pls. by nassiwa: 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2011
Though we need to put our parents decisions into consideration, sometimes we need to be happy with our lives and do what we like. If you love your man and you even have a child with him then why not marry him, unless if your mother has a good reason, go a head and marry him.
Re: Read Pls. by Kx: 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2011
Outstrip:

He is has a hot temper then I don't blame your mom. She sees the potential of an abuser in him.
Did you not see this:
Tiana155:

basically from what my mother says he is not rich.
Your mother only wants a rich son-in-law without caring about your feelings and ur baby.
Her reasons appears selfish.
How come most poor mothers wants rich sons in laws?
Follow your heart.
Re: Read Pls. by ronkebp(f): 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2011
It is wise to take your mothers' concerns into consideration and wiser to take God's concerns into consideration, marraige is far different from relationships, my problem is his (fiance) temper, if he cannot control that, then there is going to be a bigger problem tomorrow, if you think that his temperament is not an issue, make your mum understand your reason for marrying him, especially since you have a child for him, would be wise to have all your children by the same man,

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Good House Creche / If Your Lover Is Cheating On You Bring Him/her To His/her Senses Permanently / Shopping Services Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.