Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Nvidia Graphics Driver Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Nvidia Graphics Driver Problem (449 Views)

Graphics Driver Issues (help) / Can I Install Any Type Of Graphics Driver On My Laptop? / Acer 12hrs Battery, 8gb Ram, 256gb Ssd, 6th Gen. Core I5 2gb Nvidia Graphics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nvidia Graphics Driver Problem by Kbworld: 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2022
Gud afternoon, don't know if u av any idea Abt dis ...my system have dis Nvidia graphics cos I dey play games alot. ever since I formatted my system I av tried installing different Nvidia driver but afta installing d driver my computer always restart itself giving me a blue screen not until I go into safe mode to uninstall d driver. There is one driver dat was stable but any time I restart my system, d restarting to blue screen of death appears again not until I uninstall it on safe mode again. Please help urgently
Re: Nvidia Graphics Driver Problem by Promotions: 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2022
What system is that?
Re: Nvidia Graphics Driver Problem by Greatzeus(m): 11:29am On Nov 02, 2022
Kbworld:
Gud afternoon, don't know if u av any idea Abt dis ...my system have dis Nvidia graphics cos I dey play games alot. ever since I formatted my system I av tried installing different Nvidia driver but afta installing d driver my computer always restart itself giving me a blue screen not until I go into safe mode to uninstall d driver. There is one driver dat was stable but any time I restart my system, d restarting to blue screen of death appears again not until I uninstall it on safe mode again. Please help urgently
You installed the wrong video driver for your PC. Google the exact graphics or video driver that came originally with your PC.
Example
"Graphics driver for Dell e6510"
Click the link that has the website of your PC manufacturer ( like dell above)
Download the driver and install,then restart your PC after installation.
Re: Nvidia Graphics Driver Problem by hothuntee(m): 8:55pm On Nov 02, 2022
You should have created a backup image before formatting. Nvidia card are sensitive to wrong removal methods. Reason is because your card and board may be from third party. I mean your board may not be Intel yet it incorporates an Intel processor and your Nvidia card is likely to be made made by MSI, EVGA, ASUS and the rest and less likely to be a founders edition originally from NVIDIA.

Go to your device manager and see if your the Nvidia card is still discoverable. If yes, you are in luck. Initial drivers are majorly from the OEM and I would advice you go to your OEM website and install the initial driver, EC and firmware or BIOS. A simple driver installation will not solve that issue.

You may need a ddu uninstaller to remove whatever you have put there completely and perform a clean install.

1 Like

Re: Nvidia Graphics Driver Problem by Kbworld: 10:39am On Nov 04, 2022
Promotions:
What system is that?

Dell XPS L502x corei7 2gig dedicated Nvidia. I'm running window 10
Re: Nvidia Graphics Driver Problem by Kbworld: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2022
hothuntee:
You should have created a backup image before formatting. Nvidia card are sensitive to wrong removal methods. Reason is because your card and board may be from third party. I mean your board may not be Intel yet it incorporates an Intel processor and your Nvidia card is likely to be made made by MSI, EVGA, ASUS and the rest and less likely to be a founders edition originally from NVIDIA.

Go to your device manager and see if your the Nvidia card is still discoverable. If yes, you are in luck. Initial drivers are majorly from the OEM and I would advice you go to your OEM website and install the initial driver, EC and firmware or BIOS. A simple driver installation will not solve that issue.

You may need a ddu uninstaller to remove whatever you have put there completely and perform a clean install.

Tnk u let me try dis
Re: Nvidia Graphics Driver Problem by hothuntee(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2022
Kbworld:

Tnk u let me try dis

Make sure you create a restore point first before you try and update the bios/firmware and EC first. That may just solve the problem... If not proceed to using ddu uninstaller and clean install the initial driver. Then update to latest one..

Follow this order to avoid total crash or use the service of an expert.

(1) (Reply)

Neat UK Used Lenovo E495 - 8GB RAM, SSD, Ryzen 5, Vega Graphics, 2GB VRAM *sold / Computer Hardware Trainer Needed / Fairly Used Dell Pentium M Laptop 1gb Ram,60hdd,with Charger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.