Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) (49962 Views)

Couple Die In Car Accident While Returning From Their Traditional Wedding (Pics) / See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / Man And His Four Daughters Die In Car Crash In U.S. (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by Islie: 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2022
“I have been sleeping in my Toyota Sienna for two weeks since the flood ravaged the palace."

The traditional ruler of Tungbo town in the Sagbama Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, Amos Poubinafa, now sleeps in his car as floods have sacked him from his palace.

I have been sleeping in my Toyota Sienna for two weeks since the flood ravaged the palace.

“It reached the knee level and made the palace uninhabitable,
’ Mr Poubinafa, a retired naval officer, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday in Tungbo.

“The car is the only safe place for me; the entire building is flooded and there is no safer place for me to sleep.

“My family has been relocated to Yenagoa. As the Captain on board (traditional ruler) this vessel, I cannot abandon my subjects to seek alternative abode outside the town.

“By my training as a naval officer, I am not expected to abandon the crew I am leading in my vessel. I am expected to be the last man standing,’’ he said.

Mr Poubinafa also told NAN that he equally suffered in the floods of 2012 as he could not leave his subjects and relocate and that the situation is worse in 2022.

He appealed to the National Emergency Management Agency, the Bayelsa Emergency Management Agency, and other well-meaning individuals to assist flood victims in Tungbo town.

He also called on the Federal Government to construct dams and dredge Rivers Niger and Benue to end perennial flooding in parts of the country.

Tungbo community is host to the Federal Science and Technical College, a co-educational college founded in 2002, which is on Sagbama-Tungbo Road.

Mr Poubinafa retired from the Nigerian Navy as a lieutenant commander in 2002 before he became the paramount ruler of his community.

(NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/562650-flood-forces-bayelsa-traditional-ruler-to-sleep-in-car.html

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by slivertongue: 5:18pm On Nov 01, 2022
God shall rescue bayelsa and restore her glory

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by Fortruth: 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2022
slivertongue:
God shall rescue bayelsa and restore her glory

What glory…is it “Nigeria”?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by slivertongue: 5:23pm On Nov 01, 2022
Fortruth:

What glory…is it “Nigeria”?

Bayelsa existed before the contraption called NIGERIA and her glory ain't in doubt

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by Brendaniel: 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2022
The problem with Nigerian government and handling natural disasters is poor management and data analysis, if this happened in 2012 and then happened again in 2022, that's a 10 years cycle occurrence, so we should probably be expecting this again in 2032 and start preparing ahead of time, they should also look at yearly rainfalls back to about 50 years ago and draw data from it and start drawing data from this year and see the pattern before 2032, all the information gathered could help to prevent or reduce the impact of such disasters...

But when you remember that this is Nigeria - would they listen

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by abobote: 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2022
This too shall pass

1 Like

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by Mystic216: 5:51pm On Nov 01, 2022
So sorry King
Advice your people to vote for the best man which is Peter Obi
He’s closer to the people
He can’t be traveling to London and South Korea while his country is in big mess

Vote for Obi

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by Bontafa: 6:32pm On Nov 01, 2022
slivertongue:

Bayelsa existed before the contraption called NIGERIA and her glory ain't in doubt

Nigeria is not a country.

Not with the clowns at the helm of affairs.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by Googledotcom: 6:43pm On Nov 01, 2022
He didn't fail Nigeria in his 30+ years in service.

But Nigeria failed him, what a sad end.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by Cryofigbos: 8:12am On Nov 02, 2022
Why did tinubu allow flood into Nigeria, he must have embezzled the 17.6 Billions that Jonathan approved for flood relief on 10 of October 2012

Ipigs over to u

3 Likes

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by maxzzo1(m): 8:13am On Nov 02, 2022
Alexpre12:
Where is Nigerian Number 1 Citizen?
Dat one no get conscience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by cliqtips: 8:13am On Nov 02, 2022
G
Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by NwaNimo1(m): 8:13am On Nov 02, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by Amah70: 8:13am On Nov 02, 2022
At least, he survived.
Natural disasters, including flood, have killed hundreds of thousands of people and destroyed cities in many countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by Aemmyjah(m): 8:14am On Nov 02, 2022
Mystic216:
So sorry King
Advice your people to vote for the best man which is Peter Obi
He’s closer to the people
He can’t be traveling to London and South Korea while his country is in big mess

Vote for Obi

Wow, so Peter Obi will bring an end to flood in the country bah?
How long will he rule?
The man can even pull out of the race, lost the election, die or be impeached. He won't rule forever. Stop misplacing trust bro

1 Like

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by obembet(f): 8:15am On Nov 02, 2022
I want Arsenal to face Barcelona in Europa grin
Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by Coldie(m): 8:15am On Nov 02, 2022
All these things are happening, problem haven’t been solved u left ur people in floods and said u are going on vacation to UK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by DenreleDave(m): 8:15am On Nov 02, 2022
That is good for him. Which the revenue allocation given to bayelsa, there is notin to show for it....na all these usele$$ people dey waste am

ATTENTION: Abeg I need a dead samsung A20 or A20s phone. it must be black... pls quote me if you have it
Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by Mrsoft3(m): 8:16am On Nov 02, 2022
many of you talking down on nigeria as a country amuse me alot, do you have somewhere else you can be? if you can then simply go and stop cursing a country you live in, pray for your country and contribute to its growth, yes the leaders are bad but what have you contributed as a citizen aside isulting and cursing your country of birth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by DeepSight(m): 8:16am On Nov 02, 2022
slivertongue:

No it didnt.
But I understand what you mean nonetheless/
Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by Sasi54: 8:16am On Nov 02, 2022
Abeg make una answer me, na still Dickson be the governor of the state?
Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by zombieHUNTER: 8:17am On Nov 02, 2022
You are on your own

OYO government

please vote wisely
Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by lifenija: 8:17am On Nov 02, 2022
He didn't see it coming
Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by BATified2023: 8:17am On Nov 02, 2022
This is the time Jonathan is needed d most,it doesn’t matter if he’s d president or not but I believe he can do a little to turn things around
Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by EmmaLege: 8:18am On Nov 02, 2022
cool
Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by Realguyman1(m): 8:18am On Nov 02, 2022
Alexpre12:
Where is Nigerian Number 1 Citizen?
That one na terrorist na... That one major concern is how to terrorize Nigerians and allow his brothers take over the entire Nigeria in the name of cattle rearing.
Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by Frank150: 8:19am On Nov 02, 2022
No be small thing ooo.....m
Re: Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic) by nkemoma(m): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2022
Careful make flood no carry you and your car go where you no know

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today / SUV Reverses, Climbs Over Honda On Acme Road, Ikeja Lagos (Photos, Video) / Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.