Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,224 members, 7,867,579 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:54 PM

Where Does Klopp Go From Here ( Liverpool Vs Napoli ) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Where Does Klopp Go From Here ( Liverpool Vs Napoli ) (208 Views)

Napoli President Flies To France To Convince PSG To Buy Osimhen / Where Does Frenkie De Jong Go From Here? Liverpool Interested??? / France Vs Belgium: Where Does Thierry Henry Loyalty Lies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Does Klopp Go From Here ( Liverpool Vs Napoli ) by ExclusiveBet: 7:53pm On Nov 01, 2022
Jurgen Klopp has no intention of quitting Liverpool before his contract expires in 2026, according to his agent Marc Kosicke.

Liverpool have endured a tough time of things in Klopp's seventh full campaign in charge at Anfield as they find themselves ninth in the Premier League after 12 matches.

The Reds have collected just 16 points from a possible 36 – only on three occasions have they had fewer points at this stage of the campaign.

Saturday's 2-1 loss to Leeds United, which snapped a 29-game unbeaten league run at Anfield for Liverpool, led to fresh questions being raised over Klopp's future on Merseyside.

However, agent Kosicke confirmed Klopp does not plan on leaving, nor does he fear being sacked by the club's owners, having only signed a new long-term deal in April.

"I can assure you that Jurgen Klopp has no intention of resigning from Liverpool FC," Kosicke told Sky Sport Germany on Tuesday.

"The fact problems could arise this season due to the past intensive season was taken into account by the club's owners before the start of the season.

"Jurgen enjoys the backing of the people in charge and is in regular contact with them. 

"He loves the club, his team and the fans and is determined to continue and successfully complete the transition in Liverpool. He didn't extend his contract until 2026 for nothing."

Liverpool may have struggled domestically this season, but they recovered from a slow start in the Champions League to reach the knockout stages.

The Reds have won six major trophies in Klopp's seven years in charge, including the Champions League in 2019 and the Premier League the following year.

Asked about Liverpool's slow start to the campaign ahead of facing Napoli on Tuesday, the German acknowledged it will not be easy to turn things around.

"We can say now this was never [going to be] a quick fix, and now it looks like it is proven not to be a quick fix, but we will not stop fighting," he told reporters.

"Probably everything will be judged about me now, which is completely fine. When people look at me and say, 'He looks tired,' I'm not. I can't use that excuse.

"My job's not just to be here when the sun is shining; my job's also to be here when we have to go through a rough period. I'll do that with all I have, or if possible, even more."

Re: Where Does Klopp Go From Here ( Liverpool Vs Napoli ) by chiefolododo(m): 7:56pm On Nov 01, 2022
When Mane left ...

(1) (Reply)

EPL: Your Career Is Finished, I Look Better Than You – Ronaldo Replies Rooney / Sure Odds For Today’s Games / OFFICIAL: Cristiano Ronaldo Leaves Man Utd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.