Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,156 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk (29095 Views)

Twitter DMs To Have End To End Encryption - Elon Musk / Massive Suspension Of Twitter Accounts As Nigerians React / MTN Sues CBN And AGF Over $8.1 Billions Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 02, 2022
Musk is a genius, He will make so much cash from twitter, everyone will have to pay $8 a month just to stay on twitter and to sign up. grin no more riff raffs on twiiter.
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by colestephan86: 10:10am On Nov 02, 2022
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by 9jahotblog: 10:11am On Nov 02, 2022
Great initiative from the great richest man on Earth. Elon musk idea to monetise the blue thick is good. Even the $8 is much avoidable if not the bad economy system APC is running in Nigeria, Nigerians dominate Twitter in a bigger way. With the monetising the blue thick with $8, contents creators and companies will be much valuable cos’ the People will value them more in their business. Elon musk said verified Twitter with the blue thick will be monetised, so Twitter for me is still free to used and do business with.
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 02, 2022
BJanta:

That's the psychology of totalitarian
capitalists. They always mistake
themselves for GOD, until they crash.
You are correct!
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by blaise26abj(m): 10:13am On Nov 02, 2022
WibusJaga:

We would achieve all what you listed & much more, with a more tactful response. cheesy

You are right . But how do you advise a self made billionaire ? He can get away easily with comments like that and the people he subtly insulted will still patronize him . Why ? Because most people want to associate with a success
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by alimiadedayo1: 10:14am On Nov 02, 2022
Tolumiide:
₦8000 for a month tweets. I would rather buy a parrot
do you know mathematics? 8 dollars is less than 5000 naira
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by blaise26abj(m): 10:15am On Nov 02, 2022
gypsey:
Mr Musk is a genius, he has already known how to make more cash before he bought twitter, He will make so much money from twitter. For just surscribing people must pay $8

Subscription will still be free . But if you want to be verified ( blue tick ) you must pay . It will also come with some added features that ordinary subscribers won’t have
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 02, 2022
BJanta:

That's the psychology of totalitarian
capitalists. They always mistake
themselves for GOD, until they crash.
See poor man wailing, grin grin and wishing a wealthy billionaire crashes, As Musk says keep wailing it is still $8
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by hayoholla(m): 10:18am On Nov 02, 2022
It's a smart move for Elon musk, but still risky. People who love to have the blue tick on their profile but dint have the followership can now proudly display the badge, if they have the money. While, the elite with the blue tick are crying foul, after working up their profile to get the blue tick; only for the requirement to be reduced to a mere $8 per month. They feel like they've been shortchanged for the hard work they've done to get their profile to the stage it is, while the extremist elite will think as far as to ask the question why musk will group them amongst the commoners. Imagine sharing a blue tick with someone that has less than 100 followers on twitter, but has the money to purchase the blue tick. The inherent thing I learn from this tho, nothing is ever truly free, not even a blue tick. grin
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 02, 2022
blaise26abj:

Subscription will still be free . But if you want to be verified ( blue tick ) you must pay . It will also come with some added features that ordinary subscribers won’t have
Oh! Okay! i suspect he might monitise surscriptions eventually.
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Amb1045(m): 10:24am On Nov 02, 2022
OvertheTop:

Dating App like Which?
How much is paid for them?
browse about it. Twitter is a professional app. You can connect top professional on the app. You know how much people pay to use LinkedIn 99$ per month for unlimited connection while a verified twitter will be just 8$ per month
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 02, 2022
hayoholla:
It's a smart move for Elon musk, but still risky. People who love to have the blue tick on their profile but dint have the followership can now proudly display the badge, if they have the money. While, the elite with the blue tick are crying foul, after working up their profile to get the blue tick; only for the requirement to be reduced to a mere $8 per month. They feel like they've been shortchanged for the hard work they've done to get their profile to the stage it is, while the extremist elite will think as far as to ask the question why musk will group them amongst the commoners. Imagine sharing a blue tick with someone that has less than 100 followers on twitter, but has the money to purchase the blue tick. The inherent thing I learn from this tho, nothing is ever truly free, not even a blue tick. grin
All businesses are risks, to make money you must take risks and we are not in the position of giving Mr Musk business advices grin He is currently the richest man on earth. Mr Musk is q genius and as he has said, people can keep complaining but it is still $8
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Amb1045(m): 10:25am On Nov 02, 2022
LordReed:

Which dating app do people pay for?
many thousands of dating app charge money to be use monthly. Browse about it
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by LordReed(m): 10:26am On Nov 02, 2022
Amb1045:
many thousands of dating app charge money to be use monthly. Browse about it

Just give an example of one.
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by BJanta: 10:35am On Nov 02, 2022
gypsey:
See poor man wailing, grin grin and wishing a wealthy billionaire crashes, As Musk says keep wailing it is still $8

I'm NOT poor by any standard. But I can
see that your intellect is too low to.
grasp this philosophy. And of course
too advanced for for online goons like
you who scroll up and down the online
highway looking who to insult that they
collect curses.
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 02, 2022
BJanta:

I'm NOT poor by any standard. But I can
see that your intellect is too low to.
grasp this philosophy. And of course
too advanced for for online goons like
you who scroll up and down the online
highway looking who to insult that they
collect curses.
You are a poor man, grin see how you are still wailing, poor people always takes offense at any slit chances and philosophical, in their poor minds they are always imagining things weirdly. grin Show me where i insulted you. Keep wailing, Elon Musk will never crash he worked hard to get where he is go look for work, don't come on here to wish Mr Musk crashes. You can wail all you like it is still $8 as Mr Musk said. Curses my ass, typical poverty mentality, if you can curse people use the same curse magic to invent and contribute positively in your society fool!

1 Like

Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2022
Officialgarri:
Elon Musk is a typical example of a street clown who doubles as a business genius.
You just can't do away with him no matter how pissed.
But I think $8 for a full month is too little amount.

You shouldn't have a bragging right with just $8 dollars.
yes that's the whole point of the $8, ordinary people can afford it too. So lots of verified account
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 02, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

You are correct!
Well.. Musk will never crash, he paid $44 billion for twitter he didn't steal it, I am sure he worked hard to become what he is today, Mr Musk was bullied in school becuase of his Asperges, now he managed to make it, some poor people are wishing he crashes, i don't get it.

1 Like

Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Akharmony: 10:57am On Nov 02, 2022
Elon musk is a terrible businessman. . E no send you
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 02, 2022
Officialgarri:
Elon Musk is a typical example of a street clown who doubles as a business genius.
You just can't do away with him no matter how pissed.
But I think $8 for a full month is too little amount.

You shouldn't have a bragging right with just $8 dollars.
He wants everyone to be able to afford it, He might up the amount once he lures people in with just $8. Musk is a genius.

1 Like

Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 02, 2022
Antimarraige:
yes that's the whole point of the $8, ordinary people can afford it too. So lots of verified account
Absolutely! Musk wants everyone to be able to afford $8
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by meobizy(f): 11:13am On Nov 02, 2022
Good.
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Ckonnet: 11:23am On Nov 02, 2022
Dozis:
RIP Twitter.
Capitalism killed it

In this case it was resurrected!!! They already ran out of ideas and was being used by the so established minds to oppress the peasants.
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by LegendHero(m): 11:31am On Nov 02, 2022
Anyone with brain will understand what Elon Musk is trying to do.

He is trying to monetize Twitter to be like prime subscription for everybody. For now he’s using blue tick subscription as a decoy to get more people to subscribe monthly on Twitter.

1 Like

Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Sammy5413(m): 11:34am On Nov 02, 2022
I know y'all gon miss me
Sammy5413:
Twitter now in the wrong hands

I'm leaving Twitter but first I'm going to tweet about leaving Twitter then I'm going to stick around to see what everybody thinks about me leaving Twitter
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Goodnigga: 11:46am On Nov 02, 2022
Tolumiide:
₦8000 for a month tweets. I would rather buy a parrot
you don already equate $1 to 1000 naira
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2022
Niom:
That special blue mark that seemed like a big deal won't have value again.

Yahoo boys will colonize it

Celebrities no go use am dey brag again...
Another angle
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by SenatePresdo(m): 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2022
illuminutty:
Gbam

You don't like it? Get deVerified. Let big bois like us pay and brag. The Blue tick is not for the hungry and the poor.

8 dollar is way too small.

He should have made it 1k dollar per month.

So that we can separate men from fvck boys grin

1 Like

Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by atinga1: 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
cheesy Thank you Elon Musk.
By the time they pay, they will value it more and use it for more constructive engagement.

Those lazy youths idlying away on SM for idle gists to insult and mock folks old enough to be their parents may now stop receiving curses.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Your reference is an idiot and a crook like your master? Lmao
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by Karlifate: 12:13pm On Nov 02, 2022
Smart business man doing business, as usual.

cheesy wink
Re: Verified Twitter Accounts will be Charged $8/Month - Elon Musk by kmaster007: 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2022
Wahala for whom dey verified

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blackberry Aurora Spec : First Blackberry Phone With Dual SIM Slot / Unboxing The Gionee M6 Mirror...just Got Mine / Ojiji: The 1st Indigenous Smartphone In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.