Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,903 members, 7,852,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:53 AM

EPL: I’m In Shock – Patrice Evra Reacts To Man Utd Star’s World Cup Snub - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / EPL: I’m In Shock – Patrice Evra Reacts To Man Utd Star’s World Cup Snub (323 Views)

Patrice Evra Dresses As A Woman, Dances To Nigerian Song / Patrice Evra Backs Paul Pogba To Prove Critics Wrong / Patrice Evra: "Why Nobody Should Go To Cristiano Ronaldo’s House To Eat" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EPL: I’m In Shock – Patrice Evra Reacts To Man Utd Star’s World Cup Snub by Happened: 8:49am On Nov 02, 2022
Manchester United hero, Patrice Evra, has said that he is ‘shocked’ that goalkeeper David de Gea will miss the 2022 FIFA World Cup after being snubbed by Spain coach Luis Enrique.

De Gea has 45 caps for Spain’s national team but will not add to that tally in Qatar after failing to make Enrique’s 55-man provisional squad for the tournament.

Reports in Spain had claimed that Enrique had named five goalkeepers in his shortlist, which includes Chelsea’s Kepa Arrizabalaga and Brighton’s Robert Sanchez, as he overlooked De Gea.

Reacting to the development, Evra told Betfair: “I’m in shock at Luis Enrique’s decision to leave David De Gea out of his World Cup squad.

“I had to double-check to see if it was real! I will be honest, I think this is an issue off the pitch. Enrique has a strong personality.

“OK, De Gea has conceded some goals with Spain, but to take him out of the squad, an experienced player like that?

“I have been a player, I know how it works and things happen behind the scenes. I am sure he and Enrique have had a discussion and De Gea maybe did not accept what Enrique wanted for him. Who knows if it is Enrique’s or De Gea’s decision. We will never know.”

Spain are in Group E alongside Costa Rica, Germany and Japan.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/11/01/epl-im-in-shock-patrice-evra-reacts-to-man-utd-stars-world-cup-snub/

cc; lalasticlala

Re: EPL: I’m In Shock – Patrice Evra Reacts To Man Utd Star’s World Cup Snub by Toluwanise247(m): 9:27am On Nov 02, 2022
The last statement is right. I think is personal decision.

(1) (Reply)

Ascfse Rhertuhe5u6e5u / Gvbgjg Jftjhdrgsdf / Cristiano's 2019 Words: "If Messi Wins The Ballon D'or, I'll Retire"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.