Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

How I Secured The Easiest Admission Into Loughborough University - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Secured The Easiest Admission Into Loughborough University (839 Views)

Young Man Dies In Auto Crash 4 Days After Announcing His Admission Into UNIPORT / Which Country Is Easiest To Migrate To Outside Africa With 10M / If Nigeria Is The Easiest Country To Get Rich, Why Is It Still The World's Poore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Secured The Easiest Admission Into Loughborough University by Qtsnow(m): 12:15pm On Nov 02, 2022
The Soft Girl's guide into Loughborough University: How I secured the easiest admission

Everyone who has ever attended a higher institution abroad knows how daunting it can be. From choosing what country to study in, to choosing what university to study at, to the complicated application processes, everything can get overwhelming and confusing. Thankfully certain schools — like Loughborough University — has made life easier for us. With Loughborough University, it's a breeze applying and getting in. Let me share my experience with you.

The first great thing about my experience was how easy it was to apply to the university. Applying to Loughborough University was such a shockingly easy process that took out the stress of chasing agents down to get updates. It gave valuable insight into a life that could be simple and into a system that works.

I also didn't have to gather too much paperwork just to apply. Along with my academic references, all I needed was an academic transcript of my undergraduate degree showing the courses I studied and marks achieved, a copy of my degree certificate, and a personal statement. This should have been easy, right? There was only one problem… the lecturers at my first university were in one of those strike actions that seemed to last for ages.

Then the good news came: I didn't have to have completed my first degree or met the English Language qualifications before applying!

I submitted my application with shaky hands, praying hard that I would somehow get in. Within five days, I received a confirmation mail that my application was being considered, which I later realised is an intentional point of pride for the university. A few weeks later, a conditional offer of admission was made. I can still hear my mother's screams of joy. Thankfully, the strike was called off a few weeks later, and my offer was made permanent when I received my English Language qualification and got my final transcript.

After I had submitted my final transcript, the university saw that I graduated with a Second Class Upper grade and automatically granted me a 10% scholarship on my tuition. For those who graduate with a First Class grade, the scholarship jumps to 20%, but I sadly couldn't receive that much. The great news is that there is an amazing scholarship called the Creating Better Futures Masters Scholarship for African Students which allows a 20% scholarship for postgraduate students from Africa for the January 2023 intake. The interesting thing about this scholarship is that it is automatic and no application is required for it — it is given alongside an offer from Loughborough University.

The next step was sorting out my living situation. One of the first things that attracted me to Loughborough University is its London campus. Everyone knows that Nigerians love the UK so finding a good university in London was a dream come true for me. It's in a city that we've heard a lot about, and I was immediately interested in that.

When it came to picking my accommodation, the Loughborough University team was very helpful with providing options for me. I still remember my support officer, who practically held my hand and wasn't tired of my many questions. After a lot of back and forth and weighing the pros and cons, I decided on a space in one of the school's halls. Every step of my application, enrollment and eventual relocation was made easy by the really helpful staff here at Loughborough.

Now, the University is currently accepting applications for its January 2023 postgraduate intake, and you could have the amazing experience I did. Simply head over to https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/masters-degrees/january-start/a-z/ to find out more about the available programmes and how you can get started. With Loughborough University's easy and simplified processes, you get quality education without any hassle.
Re: How I Secured The Easiest Admission Into Loughborough University by Olasco001: 11:59am On Nov 04, 2022
Please can you guide me I’m on it also , I have bachelor degree in Human Resources management
Re: How I Secured The Easiest Admission Into Loughborough University by Qtsnow(m): 3:52am On Nov 08, 2022
Olasco001:
Please can you guide me I’m on it also , I have bachelor degree in Human Resources management

Kindly check Loughborough University website for more info.

(1) (Reply)

Newslagos To Abuja In 1hr : 40 Mins : China’s Bullet Train Reaches 281m/hr / From Ketu To Toronto Canada: Relieving My Success Story / Good Uk Universities For M.sc In Information Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.