Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Please Help! Insects Are Eating Up My Couch. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help! Insects Are Eating Up My Couch. (1163 Views)

Still Very Clean Set Of Chair For Sale 2 Sitters And A Couch 130k / Why Do People Lie About What They Are Eating? / Sofas/couch For Give Away Price Sales!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! Insects Are Eating Up My Couch. by talk2aikay(m): 12:33pm On Nov 02, 2022
Hello Nairalanders.
I have a very unpleasant situation at hand.

A few months ago, I decided to change the chairs in my living room, and got a furniture maker to build new ones for me.

The chairs were delivered and I was happy. Fast-forward to a few weeks later I started seeing holes in the fabric. It seemed like an insect was eating through the woodwork, foam and fabric.
I wasn't happy about it and promptly informed the guy that built it.

He later came to my home and sprayed some chemical inside the chair with assurances that it won't happen again.
Sadly, it continued.

Eventually, we arranged to bring another set of chairs and return the ones that was having that problem.

Now, my problem is that the insects are still having a field day eating up the chairs and generally messing up the chairs.

I live upstairs, and my apartment is well protected from insects with nets and all.

Besides, I never experienced this sort of thing with my former chairs. So I'm wondering what is happening with this one.

That is why I have brought the matter here, to see if anyone can offer me a solution.
I have attached a picture of the chair and the damage.

Mods please, push to fp.

Re: Please Help! Insects Are Eating Up My Couch. by HarlequinLekex: 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2022
Change your furniture maker and spray the whole home when u are not at home[to prevent inhaling the chemicals]

1 Like

Re: Please Help! Insects Are Eating Up My Couch. by Omihanifa: 12:39pm On Nov 02, 2022
The problem is most likely from the wood. The furniture guy didn’t spray the woods before making the chairs. The only solution is to take the chairs downstairs, spray them with chemicals and sun dry them this harmattan period. Then also stay your house.
Re: Please Help! Insects Are Eating Up My Couch. by Janesouthall: 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
Op these are cause by wood worm....they look like very small Margot...after come while little insect fly out from the chair...very nasty like termites...I had them on my last chairs ...I had to a chair maker to change the affected woods...
Re: Please Help! Insects Are Eating Up My Couch. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 02, 2022
It seems the insects came with the furniture or wood. Have you asked the guy or a professional to inspect the furniture or wood itself?

The furniture guy himself should take note of this. If the problem is from him, he should make amends to avoid delivering poor quality jobs to his customers.
Re: Please Help! Insects Are Eating Up My Couch. by BuyDomain: 1:05pm On Nov 02, 2022
Wood insect obviously
Re: Please Help! Insects Are Eating Up My Couch. by talk2aikay(m): 1:45pm On Nov 02, 2022
UnusualEmissary:
It seems the insects came with the furniture or wood. Have you asked the guy or a professional to inspect the furniture or wood itself?

The furniture guy himself should take note of this. If the problem is from him, he should make amends to avoid delivering poor quality jobs to his customers.
My brother I complained to him, he seemed concerned and brought something to spray inside the chairs.
Then when the situation didn't improve, he suggested to replace the chairs with another one that was sampled at his shop.

But from what I'm seen and heard, it's obvious that whatever is eating up the chairs are right inside the wood.

He didn't treat the wood before forming the chairs, and the bastards were already sitting pretty deep inside.
Re: Please Help! Insects Are Eating Up My Couch. by Chummynoni(m): 5:45am On Aug 19, 2023
Same thing I am battling now with my chair. How did you overcome this OP?
Re: Please Help! Insects Are Eating Up My Couch. by Jewessgratitud3: 6:25am On Aug 19, 2023
Go and buy pestox powder, they'll never smell your furniture again. Just pour the powder inside the parts with the woods.

That's the powder below 👇. I've known this powder since I was a little girl and it still works wonders

Re: Please Help! Insects Are Eating Up My Couch. by Chummynoni(m): 11:42am On Sep 01, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Go and buy pestox powder, they'll never smell your furniture again. Just pour the powder inside the parts with the woods.

That's the powder below 👇. I've known this powder since I was a little girl and it still works wonders
thank you , I will buy this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! Insects Are Eating Up My Couch. by Jewessgratitud3: 11:59am On Sep 01, 2023
Chummynoni:
thank you , I will buy this

You're welcome.
Re: Please Help! Insects Are Eating Up My Couch. by DyingFetus: 3:15pm On Sep 01, 2023
Move out of that haunted house before it's too late

Next time it'll be a snake coming for you

(1) (Reply)

Mother In-laws / 7 Effective Tips To Save A Marriage / The Best Place In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.