Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife (1682 Views)

Stray Bullet Nearly Killed This Child In Portharcourt (Photos) / Task Force Officer Nearly Killed By Cultists During Raid In Lagos.Graphic Photos / Police Nearly Killed A Man In Oyo Because Of N50 Bribe (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by Emmkeys: 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2022
Am very angry and sad right now. I want us my fellow nairalander to help me look at this. With the develop in Lagos why are they still practicing this evil called Oro. Sometimes they (Oro) were suppose to announce that the festival will take place but there wasn't any prior notification by the Bale only for them to start Thier wicked Oro at 10:00pm. My wife who closed late from shop almost got killed, if not for the timely intervention of some good people. They were already taking her to their shrine to beheld her. I heard they even killed a pregnant woman.

2 Likes

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by Zonefree(m): 2:28pm On Nov 02, 2022
Oro aside, what kind of shop demands your wife close it by 10pm? A married woman shouldn't be out alone by that time of the night considering the insecurity in the country presently.

14 Likes

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by Wawelexy(m): 2:49pm On Nov 02, 2022
I think all the their oro stuff should be done in the forest and not in town... that's killing

1 Like

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by Mercury12(m): 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2022
Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by Mercury12(m): 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2022
I bet you are staying in Lagos island....
You don't know they have cultural traditional rites Yorubas practice on the land?
There is no point ranting here as it won't change anything about it.
Instead of complaining just move to mainland. Areas like surulere, ikoyi, Ikeja and others there is nothing like Oro there. . .
Sorry about what happen to your wife. Get yourself Yoruba friends or maintain close relationship with your Yoruba neighbors. They will always give u important information like this

2 Likes

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by dexmond: 3:55pm On Nov 02, 2022
Someone said it's culture.

What baffles me is how we don't see our shortcomings. Human sacrifice been promoted because it's the Yorubas that practice it? If it's other tribes, the people say it's bad.

God help us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by Emmkeys: 7:31am On Nov 03, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
OP you and your wife are very stupid. So we should abandon our traditions because your olosho wife is returning from hookup by 1am abi?

You get luck say no he me catch am. I don't have time to be carrying anybody to shrine. I perform my own rituals right there. No go come.

Bros. I believe you are not married and you are not responsible enough to try. If na Olosho your mama take born 10 of una for different men. My wife is different. Okay.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by Emmkeys: 7:33am On Nov 03, 2022
dexmond:
Someone said it's culture.

What baffles me is how we don't see our shortcomings. Human sacrifice been promoted because it's the Yorubas that practice it? If it's other tribes, the people say it's bad.

God help us

My brother it's even in a develop part, where non indigenes has taken over all Thier properties. What they have left is just the Igbo Oro and the King's palace.
Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by Emmkeys: 7:35am On Nov 03, 2022
Zonefree:
Oro aside, what kind of shop demands your wife close it by 10pm? A married woman shouldn't be out alone by that time of the night considering the insecurity in the country presently.

You know all the Canteens wey dey sell for evening now. Na that kind 8pm Na him market dey start.
Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by Ehmmah588(m): 2:45am On Nov 04, 2022
Mercury12:
I bet you are staying in Lagos island....
You don't know they have cultural traditional rites Yorubas practice on the land?
There is no point ranting here as it won't change anything about it.
Instead of complaining just move to mainland. Areas like surulere, ikoyi, Ikeja and others there is nothing like Oro there. . .
Sorry about what happen to your wife. Get yourself Yoruba friends or maintain close relationship with your Yoruba neighbors. They will always give u important information like this

Oro is practiced everywhere in yorubaland be it in the island or in the mainland.... You mentioned Ikeja and surulere. I laff.... Don't pray to experience oro in these two areas especially during this election period as its going to be very active

1 Like

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by Sundaycomputer: 5:22am On Nov 04, 2022
Why should ur wife Been closing shop by 9 .30 pm, please D.M your wife phone number
Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by dominique(f): 5:47am On Nov 04, 2022
What is your wife selling till past 10 in the night? You're residents of the community so there's no way you won't be aware that there's oro going on, shouldn't that have made your wife more conscious of her movements? This is utter carelessness and lack of respect to the community's customs and traditions. Don't try it again next time. This is for your safety not because you care about archaic customs

2 Likes

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by dexmond: 7:49am On Nov 04, 2022
dominique:
What is your wife selling till past 10 in the night? You're residents of the community so there's no way you won't be aware that there's oro going on, shouldn't that have made your wife more conscious of her movements? This is utter carelessness and lack of respect to the community's customs and traditions. Don't try it again next time. This is for your safety not because you care about archaic customs

Is Human sacrifice now acceptable?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by Candidlady: 8:23am On Nov 04, 2022
Emmkeys:

Bros. I believe you are not married and you are not responsible enough to try. If na Olosho your mama take born 10 of una for different men. My wife is different. Okay.

Lol

You are taking that mad man serious undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by dominique(f): 8:31am On Nov 04, 2022
dexmond:

Is Human sacrifice now acceptable?

Where in my post did I imply that? I don't believe they involve in human sacrifice, it's just scare tactics to dissuade people from staying out late during the festival. If they were sacrificing humans, there would been an uproar by now

1 Like

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by Prokaryote: 8:32am On Nov 04, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
OP you and your wife are very stupid. So we should abandon our traditions because your olosho wife is returning from hookup by 1am abi?

You get luck say no he me catch am. I don't have time to be carrying anybody to shrine. I perform my own rituals right there. No go come.
When u woke up this morning did you look at yourself in the mirror to confirm the state of your mental health?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by Prokaryote: 8:36am On Nov 04, 2022
Emmkeys:

Reserve ur strength Sir, some person's were born with naked brain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by dexmond: 8:52am On Nov 04, 2022
dominique:

Where in my post did I imply that? I don't believe they involve in human sacrifice, it's just scare tactics to dissuade people from staying out late during the festival. If they were sacrificing humans, there would been an uproar by now

So what do they do with people captured during the Oro festivals?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by ibechris(m): 9:34am On Nov 04, 2022
If u say Oro does not involve human sacrifice,then u need to come and be captured and see if it involves goat sacrifice.

I remembered when Oba of itire died,human bodies without the head were littered around that area let alone,when Oro is involved.

It is sad to see educated people defending human sacrifice even with all their education.

Tufiakwa!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by Qatar2022: 9:50am On Nov 04, 2022
Prokaryote:

Reserve ur strength Sir, some person's were born with naked brain.
Na wa ooo bro you wicked

1 Like

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by dominique(f): 10:05am On Nov 04, 2022
dexmond:

So what do they do with people captured during the Oro festivals?

I wouldn't know. In this social media era, don't you think people would have cried out to the authorities if traditionalists were killing people for sacrifice?

1 Like

Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by Ehmmah588(m): 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2022
dominique:

I wouldn't know. In this social media era, don't you think people would have cried out to the authorities if traditionalists were killing people for sacrifice?
I don't think you've ever experienced oro festival first hand in yoruba land undecided....Do you know how many people have been reported missing due to the festival occurring in different areas...

Pls,if you don't have knowledge about an issue,its best to quietly learn in humility undecided
Re: How To ( Lagos) Ritual Nearly Killed My Wife by dexmond: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2022
dominique:

Hmmm! The authories are made up of people. We have seen how the people justified human sacrifice here on Nairaland.

The earlier people start doing away with this barbaric culture of Isese, Oro, Occultism etc from Yorubaland, the earlier the eradication of ritualists.

(1) (Reply)

Police Reveals Why Intending Couples Were Shot Dead By Unknown Gunmen In Imo / Ritual Killings Near Campus: Lasu Students Raise The Alarm / Uniport Student, Two Others Killed At Rumuchakara, Choba Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.