Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Reviews On KIA Automobiles - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Reviews On KIA Automobiles (729 Views)

Al Majid Motors Offers Discount For UAE Medical Personnel On Kia Models / Vehicles Registration Made Easy For Various Types Of Automobiles / Family-friendly 2006 Highlander 3 Row Seats Fear Not Automobiles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reviews On KIA Automobiles by PapaGfad: 5:46pm On Nov 02, 2022
I have been doing some research on Kia vehicles and I realized from several threads on this platform that there are no recent reviews on the product.

Therefore, if you currently use or have used a Kia product, kindly help in dropping a review that could help somebody. While doing that, kindly indicate the model and year you have had experience with.

Is Kia still a substandard vehicle?
How about its fuel consumption?
Are the spare parts now easily available?
Cost of maintenance.

Thank you.
Re: Reviews On KIA Automobiles by kunle1004: 6:26pm On Nov 02, 2022
I used a Kia cerato bought brand new in 2014. It was a 1.6L engine and the fuel economy was great. Used the car for only 3 years though as it was only ok for intra city runs. The 1st time I took it from Lagos to Ibadan, almost had an accident while trying to overtake a trailer as it refused to gain speed when I floored the throttle. Just revved loudly as if the gear was in neutral and I had to humbly grin fall back behind the trailer to avoid an oncoming truck. Decided to just use it for office runs within Lagos and stuck with my older 2011 Jetta for my Ibadan trips. In 2017, i noticed the steering started vibrating seriously when braking. Apparently the steering rack was the cause and at the time replacing it was going to cost 350k. That was the final straw for me so sold it while making a silent promise never to buy a Kia until I get assurances their cars have improved. Still waiting…

1 Like

Re: Reviews On KIA Automobiles by PapaGfad: 11:16am On Nov 03, 2022
kunle1004:
I used a Kia cerato bought brand new in 2014. It was a 1.6L engine and the fuel economy was great. Used the car for only 3 years though as it was only ok for intra city runs. The 1st time I took it from Lagos to Ibadan, almost had an accident while trying to overtake a trailer as it refused to gain speed when I floored the throttle. Just revved loudly as if the gear was in neutral and I had to humbly grin fall back behind the trailer to avoid an oncoming truck. Decided to just use it for office runs within Lagos and stuck with my older 2011 Jetta for my Ibadan trips. In 2017, i noticed the steering started vibrating seriously when braking. Apparently the steering rack was the cause and at the time replacing it was going to cost 350k. That was the final straw for me so sold it while making a silent promise never to buy a Kia until I get assurances their cars have improved. Still waiting…

Wow. This is so eye opening.
Thank you for your submission.

1 Like

Re: Reviews On KIA Automobiles by goodnewscliff(m): 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2022
kunle1004:
please throw me some light on Jetta Volkswagen.
I am interested in that vehicle
Re: Reviews On KIA Automobiles by kunle1004: 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2022
goodnewscliff:
please throw me some light on Jetta Volkswagen.
I am interested in that vehicle

I bought the Jetta brand new in 2011 and used it as a daily driver till 2021 when I sold it. It was very rugged and performed well. The major issues were with the front suspension. Had bad roads where I stayed so had to replace the stabiliser linkage rather frequently (can’t stand those funny noises). Serviced with stallion motors for the 1st 5 years but the service cost became annoyingly high. Found a mechanic at Itire that I switched to after that. I would buy a Volkswagen again in a heartbeat but not sure about getting the me as Tokunbo (new ones are not available here now to the best of my knowledge)

(1) (Reply)

Benz C240 / SOLD: Naija Used: Camry Big Daddy 2005 / SOLD!!! Registered 2015 Honda Accord (first Body+faultless)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.