Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Interested In Moderating This Section? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Interested In Moderating This Section? (6500 Views)

Include Me In This Section / Is Anyone Interested In Writing For My Website$$$$ / They Will Steal Your Idea In This Section.becareful. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Skulboy(m): 11:19pm On Jan 19, 2012
I can do it. I've not been active on the forum, but if I'm given a responsibility, I promise to uphold it and kick start smiley this section to a greater height.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by tpia5: 5:24am On Mar 08, 2012
any luck yet finding a mod?

the section needs to be cleaned up and the subsections also need to be modified to include people's personal works which they're currently posting in the general literature section.

i thought the section called literature/ads which currently has this heading:

Literature/Writing Ads
Writers for hire, writers wanted, books for sale, etc

used to be where aspiring authors and poets posted their write ups?

when did it get moved to the general lit section and replaced with writers for hire, writers wanted, books for sale, etc.

was this a deliberate attempt to wind down the literature area?
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by coldiz: 6:10am On Mar 10, 2012
Are you a muSical recording artiste in need of HoT Beats tO capture your target audienCe?
Are you talented in HipHop, RnB, RAP, Pop, RocK, Techno music delivery etc? ARe u in search of an audio production that will communicate your promotion and marketing messages using all sorts of viral Jingle sounds?,
Then,
Contact: COLDIZ (@shockcoldiz) on 08066230807. All quality services at affordable cost. (Shock Entertainments)
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:26pm On Mar 24, 2012
[size=13pt] I´m interested cool [/size]
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 31, 2012
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by uncletbuddy(m): 7:21am On Apr 18, 2012
I'm interested oh! But who is this Myne White and Okinla? What is so special about them that i hear much about them in every important trend in this section? If they are good then I vote them in
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by webbjamie(m): 6:10pm On May 15, 2012
I am interested and would be delighted to moderate this section.Cheerz.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Mescopaul(m): 2:13am On May 23, 2012
Am greatly interested
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by SuyaEater(m): 10:06am On May 25, 2012
i am interested
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 10:27am On May 25, 2012
This where KILLZ belongs to
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by AnotherOkija: 10:30am On May 25, 2012
I am applying for the post of Mod of Literature!!

I believe I am qualified for this position.. I have been a longtime member of Nairaland, have constant internet connection, love literature and is a good manager of people!!

Give me a try if you will!!
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by HARDDON: 10:47am On May 25, 2012
How about you lay across what is required of this Mod you are looking for? the obligation of the post and its kinks? i am blessed with hot lines and rhymes, poems and a general play around the world of this twisted English of a language. But you should know and list out what you are looking for and only then, would a man be sure he is suitable..... want a Mod in the section? Catch me if you can
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by ariblaze(m): 10:52am On May 25, 2012
well if you can say that which is required to be a mod in this section, there once was a time when i prowled this section only place that gave me joy in Nairaland, sadly it is turning to a waste land now.

i will of course like to be a mod so as to try and bring it back to its former glory

who knows may end up getting the old regulars and cronies back, vesc,babyjinx, blu,sisikill, gamine,ify , etc . . . . . . . .this can be fun again oo
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by dplordx(m): 11:03am On May 25, 2012
Seun, Lemme run the literature section. Im an excellent writer, and im a very active member of nland.
And besides, im home now...do you want my number?
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by firestar(f): 11:14am On May 25, 2012
Capable nominees:
Orikinla
Myne White
ariblaze
olulu
Ogaga4luv
vescucci
Brb
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Falcon(m): 11:19am On May 25, 2012
What's the remuneration like?
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by AnotherOkija: 11:37am On May 25, 2012
firestar: Capable nominees:
Orikinla
Myne White
ariblaze
olulu
Ogaga4luv
vescucci
Brb

Wassup nu!!

Where is my name on that list?!
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by MrNigeria2(m): 11:55am On May 25, 2012
...a good writer like me will be glad to volunteer, thanks.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Kuulnomsy(m): 12:11pm On May 25, 2012
I would have applied but i forgot my cv at home sad sad sad
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by firestar(f): 12:38pm On May 25, 2012
Another Okija:

Wassup nu!!

Where is my name on that list?!
Are you the same Okijajuju?
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by maclatunji: 1:08pm On May 25, 2012
firestar: Capable nominees:
Orikinla
Myne White
ariblaze
olulu
Ogaga4luv
vescucci
Brb

Yeah good choices but I say give tpia the job jor. This section is perhaps the most peaceful on Nairaland and I don't think she would mind taking care of it.

1 Like

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Scash(f): 1:42pm On May 25, 2012
I'm interested. Is there a way to formally apply?
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by AnotherOkija: 3:55pm On May 25, 2012
firestar:
Are you the same Okijajuju?

Okija_juju
Alusi Okija
Okija Priest
Spirit of Okija
Mmuo Okija
&
Another Okija are all part of the Okija group of User I.ds!!
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by firestar(f): 8:30pm On May 25, 2012
^Okay.

maclatunji:

Yeah good choices but I say give tpia the job jor. This section is perhaps the most peaceful on Nairaland and I don't think she would mind taking care of it.
tpia, what do you say? You've been around long enough.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by HARDDON: 11:53am On May 26, 2012
if dis is about longetivity, is 2007 till date, a long time enuf? is it about general topic contributions? Chk ma profile. would if ß about impeccable personality? I ace that too. I'm able to coordinate ρρℓ and events to achieve a required set goals and objectives. And ♈ōϋ would doing the world a lot of Ǧ☺☺ϑ вч signing ♏ԑ on....♈ōϋ can Search Don Kelly on FB and check out some of ma lyrical flows.... Oηε
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by maclatunji: 7:48pm On May 26, 2012
HARDDON: if dis is about longetivity, is 2007 till date, a long time enuf? is it about general topic contributions? Chk ma profile. would if ß about impeccable personality? I ace that too. I'm able to coordinate ρρℓ and events to achieve a required set goals and objectives. And ♈ōϋ would doing the world a lot of Ǧ☺☺ϑ вч signing ♏ԑ on....♈ōϋ can Search Don Kelly on FB and check out some of ma lyrical flows.... Oηε

Sorry Don Kelly, but we don't need a rapper to moderate the Literature section. #NOoffence grin.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by olawalebabs(m): 2:26pm On May 28, 2012
How long does it takes to find a credible candidate to moderate a section. this search is long overdue, i hope it won't go the way of education section.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Cuddlemii: 2:56am On Jun 04, 2012
I am interested in being the MOD of this section. I haven’t really been around this section much but literature/writing is my passion. I am creative and very innovative.

Members don’t really visit this section like the other sections; they also rather put up their literary write-ups in other sections.
Why is that? What is missing? We need a change!

This section needs a boost; it needs to be bumped up a little bit so it becomes interesting and fascinating for members. I have many ideas and concepts that would make this place one of a kind and very resourceful. I was thinking of a PowerPoint presentation like a portfolio of what I have to offer and things I have in stock for this section. If I do it on time then I would show you but in the meantime some highlights of my ideas.

I was thinking we should have:

E-BOOK CLUB-

Every Fri or Sat evening, there would be different e-book clubs in different threads to discuss a certain e-book novel or story. It would be like a chat room setting only with a subject matter. You grab a cup of coffee or tea while glued to your laptop or blackberry or PC to have an intelligent discourse with other members with similar literary interest. It is an opportunity to meet people and network too.

RESOURCE LIBRARY-

It would be like a database with all information and data you need to improve your daily life. From information technology, to bead making, catering and interior designing, hat making, carpentry, hair making, sex manuals to enhance marriage life, anger management, weight loss management, screenshots to guide you through stuffs, exercise and wellbeing manuals, past questions for exams, manuals on how to fix technical issues, marriage manuals and motivational e-books or manuals to inspire your life and help you drive to succeed. There will be different version and languages of the bible. There will also be religious articles, and every other article you can thing of. There would always be something new to learn and study. It would also help empower members that can’t afford a vocational institute or center. It would be a one stop shop to every available useful information you can get.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT-

Every day there would be quotes to kick start your day. Give you that boost for work, prayers, work-out or hold ups on the road that gets on our nerves.
Just something to linger in your mind, avert depression and aggression. When those bad days occur, something to cool you off and give you hope.

RESUME & COVER LETTER WORKSHOP-

Qualifications are not enough. You need to sell yourself as the “product”. Make yourself sought after and indispensable. I know we all say there is no job in Nigeria but let it be our responsibility to showcase the right things on our resume and cover letter. The truth of the matter is that, some people do not get employed because they suck in their resume and cover letter. We would work on that, helping members build their resumes and cover letter. Teach them the dos and don’ts of it.

PICTURE STORIES-

Tell your story with pictures, drawings (abstract or real life), cartoons, graffiti, collages, comics, paintings etc. You can use paint on your PC, you can scan or get an electronic copy of your work and paste it online. It can be story or expression of heartbreak, love, anger etc. Just a literary expression in pictures or fine arts.

TALKING DRUM-

The likes of Late Fela, Late Christy Essien Igbokwe, Late Ayinde Barrister, Late Bob Marley, Sunny Ade, Late IK Dairo, Femi Kuti, Seun Kuti. These ones got their heart and truth out there through their voice. They sung about injustice, bad government, corruption, poverty, fundamental human right and social ills. These ones are different from the new school musicians. We would compare both old and new school, using the musicians like Asa, Joy, Sound Sultan and Nneka who have a literary expression to their music. Members can also write lyrics. Who knows, a musician can pick up a song from here and buy it for his/her next album.

COOPERSTOWN-

I stole this concept from Baseball. It’s basically honoring the likes of Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Late Cyprian Ekwensi, Ayi Kwei Armah, Kwesi Brew, J.P Clark, and William Shakespeare, etc. This is just a proper critic of these writers, comparing them and appreciating their work. Draw inspiration from the pioneers and encouraging members to be the future pace setters

2 Likes

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by maclatunji: 9:40am On Jun 04, 2012
^If Cuddlemii wants the position and has taken time to go through all of this trouble to give an action plan, I say give her the job. Now, where is Mukina2? angry grin

1 Like

Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by firestar(f): 11:19am On Jun 04, 2012
embarassed
Golly...
(Rubs her arms...)
Cuddlemii has given me goosebumps...
[size=28pt]MU-KI-NAAA!!![/size] embarassed
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:19am On Jun 04, 2012
maclatunji: ^If Cuddlemii wants the position and has taken time to go through all of this trouble to give an action plan, I say give her the job. Now, where is Mukina2? angry grin

U can say that again. I see some passion there
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by maclatunji: 11:33am On Jun 04, 2012
Tgirl4real:

U can say that again. I see some passion there

maclatunji: ^If Cuddlemii wants the position and has taken time to go through all of this trouble to give an action plan, I say give her the job. Now, where is Mukina2? angry grin

@bolded,there ^. I have said it again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It's Here Again: Aké Arts And Book Festival 2018! / Farafina is Now Open For Submission / The Life I Didn't Want To Live - Diaries Of A Virgin Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.