Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina (17967 Views)

Tinubu Supporter Kidnapped While Trying To Mount APC Billboard In Katsina / Tinubu Supporter Kidnapped, While Trekking For Him. / PDP Senatorial Campaign Rally In Katsina (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by ogododo: 9:37am On Nov 03, 2022
The abduction of 21 youths, who were working as farmhands on a farm near Kompani Mayardua village in the Faskari Local Government Area of Katsina State by terrorists on October 30, 2022, had left the residents and relatives in deep worries and fear.

The PUNCH recalls that terrorists had swooped on the same local Government headquarters in December 2020 where they kidnapped 344 students of the Government Science Secondary school, Faskari. The students were later released after spending six days in terrorists’ captivity.

Speaking of this recent abduction, a man who gave his name as Muntari Auwalu said his niece was one of the victims.

The man, who is a commercial motorcyclist in Katsina, said he was called on Sunday night that his niece, Asia was abducted along with others in the afternoon on the farm. She said efforts were being made as at Wednesday to source for ransom being demanded by the terrorists on the victims.

Auwalu, who did not disclose the amount, said, “I was called about midnight on Sunday that Asia had been kidnapped and that the terrorists were yet to get across to us on what their demands were. Asia is preparing for her wedding. I think that made her go and do the farmhand job where she was kidnapped.

“I reside in Katsina where I operate commercial motorcycles since terrorists have made it impossible for us to go to our farms again back home at Mairuwa.

“I get in touch with home every day and as at this morning (Wednesday), I was told the terrorists had made known their demands while I was asked to source for my own share of the contribution. I won’t be able to tell you the amount as it is our people at home who have the facts and figures. I will only appeal to the government to improve security in our communities. I and many others from Mairuwa relocated from the village because of the terrorists.”

Residents said the terrorists surrounded the farmland around 3pm on Sunday, October 30, 2022, when the youths were busy harvesting crops on the farmland.

The youths were said to have been hired as labourers from the various communities surrounding the farm, with majority of them said to have been from Mairuwa village.

The list of the victims made available by the Katsina Police command showed that no fewer than seven girls were among them.

The list also showed that the victims were between the ages of 16 and 21.

The names of the victims as obtained from the police command were Lawal,18; Mandiya,18; Bilikisu (female) 18; Samaila,16; Awanu,16; Dalha,21; Umeh Abdullahi (female),18; Hadiza, (female) 17; Ibrahim Dalha (17); Zainab (female) 17; Aliyu Baba (15) and Yusufu Dana (15).

The rest are Abdullahi, 18; Samaila,18; Shehu,17; Asia Abdul (female) 19; Suwera (female) 16; Abdullahi,17; Aminat (female)18; Sani,15; and Nafiu,17.

Attempts to speak with the Mai Unguwa of Mairuwa were abortive as enquiries regarding the kidnap were directed to Faskari and Katsina.

One of the opinion leaders in the village said, “Please, go to the Emir’s palace in Katsina. We have briefed them. The police have taken over the issue and all we do now is to pray for the safe return of our children, majority of whom are responsible for their upkeep. That is why they went to work as labourers on the farm.”

Residents also said that the owner of the farmland where the children were kidnapped was residing in Funtua and he only visits the farmland occasionally.

It was also alleged that the owner had earlier given the terrorists one million naira so that he could harvest his crops without being molested or kidnapped.

Nobody could confirm this however.

Also, a man who was said to act as a farm manager for the man and who was said to be based in Mairuwa, could not be located on Wednesday. The house residents said the farm manager used to stay was in the village was locked up and deserted as at Wednesday afternoon.

When contacted, the spokesman for the Katsina Police Command, SP Gambo Isah, confirmed the kidnap and clarified that 21 youths were kidnapped.

He said, “The youths were kidnapped on the September 30, 2022, in the afternoon but the report of the incident got to the police at 19.40 hours same day (7.40pm.). Those kidnapped were 21 in all. Since then, we have been making efforts to see to their rescue. Whenever there is new development, I will keep you informed.”

Governor Aminu Masari’s Special Adviser on Security, Ahmad Katsina could not be reached for comments although it was learnt that the state was already working in collaboration with security operatives to rescue the children.

Meanwhile, there were reports on Wednesday that the bandits were demanding N30m as ransom.

According to the reports, the kidnappers, however, insisted on having a dialogue with the owner of the farm where the victims were abducted.

https://punchng.com/katsina-abduction-woman-abducted-while-raising-wedding-money/?amp

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by ogododo: 9:53am On Nov 03, 2022
Na for foreign news I watched am.

11 Likes

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by dawnomike(m): 9:58am On Nov 03, 2022
I pray and hope they return safe and sound... I pirry this country

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by Zonefree(m): 10:04am On Nov 03, 2022
The President is from Katsina...same Katsina is the headquarters of banditry in Nigeria.

This is for those shouting Emilokan. Being with the presidency guarantees nothing.

Look beyond ethnicity when casting your vote, the President is from your region can't bring Dollar down to 100. Use your upper!

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by ogododo: 10:06am On Nov 03, 2022
Na Bubu state be dis.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by inoki247: 10:07am On Nov 03, 2022
lol

1 Like

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by Franzinni: 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
Like during slave trade ....

6 Likes

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by prinsam30: 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2022
where's United game na,where's this.mod na
Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by 5iine: 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2022
Sometimes they compare Obi with Tinubu because of Lagos , then I ask.

is Katsina better than Anambra state?

Is it comparable?

Where is the worst president from again?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by Scammerr(m): 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2022
Buhari mens at work
Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by fijiuba: 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2022
That's what happen when humans live in a zoo.

Buhari has failed us but he can still help by not forcing a stuttering baboon on us please.

God forbid BAT thing .

7 Likes

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by Savechild23: 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2022
Buhari, after dishing out undeserved loan to ur kinsmen, terrorist wont allow them to farm in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by RZArecta(m): 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
Nigeria is very safe
Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by pinkygurl(f): 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
ogododo:

Asia was abducted along with others in the afternoon on the farm. She said efforts were being made as at Wednesday to source for ransom being demanded by the terrorists on the victims.

Auwalu, who did not disclose the amount, said, “I was called about midnight on Sunday that Asia had been kidnapped and that the terrorists were yet to get across to us on what their demands were. Asia is preparing for her wedding. I think that made her go and do the farmhand job where she was kidnapped.

“I reside in Katsina where I operate commercial motorcycles since terrorists have made it impossible for us to go to our farms again back home at Mairuwa.

https://punchng.com/katsina-abduction-woman-abducted-while-raising-wedding-money/?amp

shocked undecided
Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by SVC6000: 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
Bad news
Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by AfonjaConehead: 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
All their govs have abadoned governance and are roaming the kwantiri upandan with a certain lo Kan emi or is it kan emiliano abi emi lo kan baba grin

2 Likes

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by Mckandre(m): 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2022
And the dullard on sit hasn't made any public address on the matter. this country is a joke and same people wants to shove another failure down our throat again. Tufiakwa, ndi efulefu

4 Likes

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by BabaOfLagos: 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2022
Kidnapping is becoming a very lucrative business in Nigeria..

Instead of kidnapping and facing the wrath of the government if caught, why not join the process below?

For those who understands Basketball profits.. See the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/7169675/
Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2022
Zonefree:
The President is from Katsina...same Katsina is the headquarters of banditry in Nigeria.

This is for those shouting Emilokan. Being with the presidency guarantees nothing.

Look beyond ethnicity when casting your vote, the President is from your region can't bring Dollar down to 100. Use your upper!
I really hope they can use their brains

5 Likes

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by Authoreety: 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2022
Serious ...

This guy's n just geh Joy at all

Peter Obi go deal wt this guys ruthlessly

1 Like

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by Whoknowsme: 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2022
Our government has failed us. May they be released i good faith and come back safely.
Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by GboyegaD(m): 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2022
The country isn't getting any better yet, people are not willing to vote right.
Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by tuoyoojo(m): 7:41pm On Nov 03, 2022
Who would have thought that a whole major general buhari's katsina would be reduced to such a deplorable situation in terms of security

Kidnapping left right and centre and everyone is just taking it as though it is the norm

Just imagine for two seconds

Just imagine, if a Southern president was in power, what would have been the reaction of the north

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by Belteshazzar1: 7:41pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ahhhhh she was raising money for what again
Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by sisisioge: 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2022
They have made breasts out of meer boys....the beasts are now out of control. What a sad country.
Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by Boogyman557: 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2022
Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by SILVERLINES: 7:47pm On Nov 03, 2022
shocked

If you ask that woman; she must have been one of those urchins shouting Sai baba in 2015 and repeated their votes in 2019.
2023 is coming make everyone wise up put religious and ethnic sentiments aside and elect a credible leader who can put an end to this menace in out society. I said and I will always repeat same anytime any day, I bear no grudges on anyone in this country and only get angry on the way things are heading on the wrong direction in this country, I'm angry with our leaders and those who supported and defend this evil government
I don't hate Hausas, yurobas, Fulanis or any tribe in this country, here in my domain I have so many Hausas around me and love them, we exchange pleasantries always, I take them as my brothers cos these are just normal people going about their normal activities, struggling for themselves and we all suffer the same fate irrespective of the region where we are coming from so why will I hate an innocent soul cos of the tribe is coming from rather I take them as myself, I defend them even when fees of my people wanna take them for granted or treat them as less human. I'm not saying these things to impress anyone here, I'm saying these to God who bear me witness as am typing this here. During my one year mandatory NYSC scheme, I served in the northern state and these people treated me fairy with love and care, I experience what true love was all about, we eat together do things together as one then and still chat warmly even till this day with few of my friends I met there.
For those who said I hate Tunibu, I wanna make it clear that I don't hate Tunibu or doubt his capacity and capabilities in riding the affairs if this country, but his state of mind and health is the concern and what Nigerians should worry about and about all the whole political gimmicks that resulted to his emergence with Shettima on a Muslim-Muslim ticket couple with the facts that the man called Shettima never love the christians community. Same Shettima as the then governor of Borno state ban the study of Christian Religious studies across all secondary school in Borno state, so his emergence as the running mate of Bola Ahmed Tunibu is a matter of concern and worries especially in the midst of christians folks. I don't hate Atiku either but for a man who couldn't stand firm with his word when Deborah Samuel was murder in sokoto shouldn't be trusted.

I don't hate anyone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by Johnrake69: 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2022
The tragedy of the whole thing is in the next election they will continue to vote the same people.

Na mu ne. While Buhari is in the UK enjoying first class health care. You can't go to your farmland without fear of being kidnapped.

My friend that is medical doctor at national hospital told me about a patient he was handling. He asked the patient about 2023. The man was quick to point out that he's going to vote for Tinubu because he's a fellow Muslim and and also from South west. This is the pysch of an average Nigerian. But when in dire need of medical treatment the same man is not looking for a medical doctor who is a fellow Muslim and also from South West.

Sai Baba. As suffer no dey tire Una.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Kidnapped While Raising Wedding Money In Katsina by Magnoliaa(f): 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2022
She seem to me like the stepmother of iLegendd... hmmm.

I have READ from his posts many times where he talked about his dad marrying another woman and he recently planned with some ***** just to have her (you won't hear it from my mouth).

He claims the second wife has made his home and childhood turbulent ever since.

Toor.

God be with them.

I can only wish them all well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Triumph Of Tyranny Is Only Temporal, Atiku Tells APC / Where Is Atiku Abubakar? / Governor Obaseki, Shaibu Sworn-in For Second Term ( Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.