Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi (10782 Views)

Arise TV Presidential Debate: Dino Melaye Denies Apologising To Peter Obi / Why Is Aisha Buhari Not Campaigning Ahead Of The 2019 Elections? / PDP Worried About Buhari Not Campaigning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by Bobloco: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2022
Foremost Nigerian Professor of Political Economy, Pat Utomi, who is the Leader of the Big-Tent, a political consortium pushing for the election of Labour Party’s presidential candidate, Peter Obi, has said the All Progressives Congress, APC, ought to be apologising to Nigerians and not campaigning for re-election.

Utomi said as a result of APC’s abysmal performance over the last seven years, Nigerians deserve an apology from the party.

According to him, the APC ought to be organising rallies to apologise to Nigerians, rather than grandstanding and positioning itself for another electoral contest.

Utomi said this in a statement made available to Vanguard, in Abuja, on Thursday.

‘I wrote APC’s manifesto’

The economist-turned politician also gave a historical account of how APC’s manifesto was drafted in his Lagos home, but bemoaned the shared dishonesty of APC stalwarts, who rather than adhere to provisions of the document, “shamelessly jettisoned it without any form of remorse”.

He further explained that because of the degradation of governance by the APC and the major opposition, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)’s support for transactional politics, handing over the reigns of presidential power to any of the two political parties, will definitely be a disaster for Nigeria.

Utomi said: “The Nigerian people have spoken. They have said they are tired of this old order.

“They will wait for us to release our manifesto then they will copy it, add some things and come out and shout this is our manifesto.

“But in their heads, they have no plans to implement them.

“They have all the monies they have taken from our treasury; they will use it to make flash of all of these things.

“I wrote the last one (manifesto) and I am saying to you that they didn’t implement the things we wrote.

“In fact, at a point they said ‘who said we promised that? We didn’t promise it, it is some people who wrote it and called it our manifesto’.

“All those who failed us yesterday, I say to you that if we have a sense of shame in this country, there should be many rallies about APC, but they should be rallies of apologies — ‘sorry we failed you’.

“Now they are saying for example, ‘we will get rid of insecurity in six months’. They’ve said it before.

“What kind of broken record is this? Is this an insult to the Nigerian people? You and I know better.”

‘Our manifesto’
Prof Utomi further explained that the intention of the Big-Tent in supporting Peter Obi and Labour Party, is to rescue Nigeria from the transactional politics of APC and PDP.

He stressed that “the fact that they are standing in the gap for a people either to die or to live, that bond, that passion knowing that this is about the future of our children, is what holds it together.

“Not transactions of what position will you get. Because that is the traditional way, that is the way they do it in APC and PDP: ‘what will you give me, what will you not give me?’.

“This is different, this is driven by the fact that if we don’t, our children die.”

On the long awaited manifesto of Peter Obi and the Labour Party, Utomi maintained the the Presidential Campaign Council of Peter Obi wants to be painstaking, but not rushing.

“We are not in a rush to put out for them to go and take and sell it and that is part of why Mr Obi made that statement.

“So after their own is out, you will formally see ours out; not giving them the opportunity to still respond against it.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/apc-should-be-apologising-not-campaigning-says-utomi/

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by dawnomike(m): 7:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
They should continue... They can win the gubernatorial and law chamber seats.
But for the presidency, Obi is coming to put them on their toes.

164 Likes 12 Shares

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by lhordspy: 7:52pm On Nov 03, 2022
Who is utomi again?

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by PandoraObi: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ok

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by Naijanascam: 7:53pm On Nov 03, 2022
APC wants to rescue Nigeria from APC without hurting themselves........

Last last na the numerous Urchins and Agbadorians will follow hear the real sound of the evil music

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by M2holy: 7:54pm On Nov 03, 2022
Smiles...
Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by TinubuThief: 7:57pm On Nov 03, 2022
Very true

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by sotall(m): 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
undecided
Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by MrNice04(m): 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
Inec just declare Atiku winner, don't waste scarce funds

Atiku is coming

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by TinubuThief: 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2022
lhordspy:
Who is utomi again?
Na your Papa

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by MrNice04(m): 7:59pm On Nov 03, 2022
If you are Igbo and must vote please read this with an open mind.

You don't wish to see the bigger picture. This is Nigerian Politics we are talking about not America or UK politics where a second generation immigrant recently assumed the head office unrestricted without threat of sabotage.
Now let's get down to numbers. Look at the attached photo, do you think Peter Obi has organic support base to challenge Atiku. Look at the voter suppression carried out by INEC in the South south and South East.

My point is this, If Peter Obi magically wins in 2023, he would be deep into the trap these people have set for him. He will be sabotaged gradually and subliminally even if they have to cripple their country (Learn from Jonathan's last days in office).

Aggrieved states would refuse to co-operate with his dictates. The Legislature, Judiciary and Civil service that are controlled by his opposition will slow him down and frustrate whatever positivity he offers . Don't forget his experience in his own Anambra where he was impeached and fought against by these politheifcians.

Secondly, whosoever is taking over from Buhari is going to be seating on a shaky stool. By all accounts it is wrong timing. Global recession, COVID recovery, Russo-Ukraine war, Buhari's failure, Plunging debt. All this factors won't go easy on whosoever is the unluckily lucky aspirant. And it better not be one of our own.

Then you can as well prepare for taunting and stigmatization about the failure the president being of Igbo extraction failed to deliver. Save your shame, vote for Atiku. Let the North continue to keep their property. I won't add words about the other entity, because he doesn't stand a single chance. A regional candidate.

More so, one man can't fix Nigeria, the country is rotten to the core. From the citizenry to the government, Nigeria needs an attitudinal, cultural, constitutional, ideological overhaul. My preferred solution is the divvying of this contraption, which would be a rather soon eventuality though

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by Mide1data: 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2022
That is the definition of the word Impossible.

2 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by WibusJaga: 8:35pm On Nov 03, 2022
Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by gebest: 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2022
Honestly speaking

14 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by JoeNL22(m): 2:37am On Nov 04, 2022
Bobloco:
Foremost Nigerian Professor of Political Economy, Pat Utomi, who is the Leader of the Big-Tent, a political consortium pushing for the election of Labour Party’s presidential candidate, Peter Obi, has said the All Progressives Congress, APC, ought to be apologising to Nigerians and not campaigning for re-election.

Utomi said as a result of APC’s abysmal performance over the last seven years, Nigerians deserve an apology from the party.

According to him, the APC ought to be organising rallies to apologise to Nigerians, rather than grandstanding and positioning itself for another electoral contest.

Utomi said this in a statement made available to Vanguard, in Abuja, on Thursday.

‘I wrote APC’s manifesto’

The economist-turned politician also gave a historical account of how APC’s manifesto was drafted in his Lagos home, but bemoaned the shared dishonesty of APC stalwarts, who rather than adhere to provisions of the document, “shamelessly jettisoned it without any form of remorse”.

He further explained that because of the degradation of governance by the APC and the major opposition, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)’s support for transactional politics, handing over the reigns of presidential power to any of the two political parties, will definitely be a disaster for Nigeria.

Utomi said: “The Nigerian people have spoken. They have said they are tired of this old order.

“They will wait for us to release our manifesto then they will copy it, add some things and come out and shout this is our manifesto.

“But in their heads, they have no plans to implement them.

“They have all the monies they have taken from our treasury; they will use it to make flash of all of these things.

“I wrote the last one (manifesto) and I am saying to you that they didn’t implement the things we wrote.

“In fact, at a point they said ‘who said we promised that? We didn’t promise it, it is some people who wrote it and called it our manifesto’.

“All those who failed us yesterday, I say to you that if we have a sense of shame in this country, there should be many rallies about APC, but they should be rallies of apologies — ‘sorry we failed you’.

“Now they are saying for example, ‘we will get rid of insecurity in six months’. They’ve said it before.

“What kind of broken record is this? Is this an insult to the Nigerian people? You and I know better.”

‘Our manifesto’
Prof Utomi further explained that the intention of the Big-Tent in supporting Peter Obi and Labour Party, is to rescue Nigeria from the transactional politics of APC and PDP.

He stressed that “the fact that they are standing in the gap for a people either to die or to live, that bond, that passion knowing that this is about the future of our children, is what holds it together.

“Not transactions of what position will you get. Because that is the traditional way, that is the way they do it in APC and PDP: ‘what will you give me, what will you not give me?’.

“This is different, this is driven by the fact that if we don’t, our children die.”

On the long awaited manifesto of Peter Obi and the Labour Party, Utomi maintained the the Presidential Campaign Council of Peter Obi wants to be painstaking, but not rushing.

“We are not in a rush to put out for them to go and take and sell it and that is part of why Mr Obi made that statement.

“So after their own is out, you will formally see ours out; not giving them the opportunity to still respond against it.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/apc-should-be-apologising-not-campaigning-says-utomi/

"For with God, OBI must be POSSIBLE!"

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by GoooodHardDick: 7:18am On Nov 04, 2022
Anybody can be sick. But for you to push for another sick person as president after what we have been through is an act of terrorism.

If shame still dey let you say "vote apc 2023" 

Na super glue Dem suppose use melt that brain of yours

38 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by RepoMan007: 7:19am On Nov 04, 2022
Lol.
Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:19am On Nov 04, 2022
APC is a combo of wickedness and shamelessness

22 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by Glead(m): 7:20am On Nov 04, 2022
Apology can not amend what has been destroyed !!

23 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by Lukuluku69(m): 7:20am On Nov 04, 2022
Bobloco:

When APC/Tinubu no play ball with you abi?

All of una be the same. Reason why I detest ALL of you. Na una belle only una dey after.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by Bibeess: 7:22am On Nov 04, 2022
I support this

5 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by Jokerman(m): 7:22am On Nov 04, 2022
They should but they will not.

Only a wicked man will support a person like Tinubu to rule

14 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by specialmati(m): 7:22am On Nov 04, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin na useless people and heartless people still they support APC. the worst set of idiots to ever rule this country

17 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by stevenson007: 7:22am On Nov 04, 2022
Yes they should be apologizing

12 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by 5iine: 7:23am On Nov 04, 2022
Tinubu can never make a difference from Buhari.

They are in the same WhatsApps group.

22 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by greatiyk4u(m): 7:23am On Nov 04, 2022
Truth

APC fixed their rally in Anambra and Imo states on Monday to have an excuse why people won't attend....lolz,

They will blame IPOB and campaign with it,....what a defeatist strategy?

10 Likes

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by Mindlog: 7:23am On Nov 04, 2022
Campaigning as if they are opposition, not bold enough to campaign with how they have well managed Nigeria since 2015.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by inoki247: 7:24am On Nov 04, 2022
Lol hypocrite u no join dem before for say u win dere Primary election den u will not come out and be saying jargons....

Nigerians only criticize wat dey ar not benefiting from.....

Everybody's just fighting for his or her pocket in diz part of the world not like we really love each other...
Re: APC Should Be Apologising Not Campaigning, Says Utomi by mrvitalis(m): 7:24am On Nov 04, 2022
I haven't seen any one who want to vote APC

That is not based on tribal or religious sentiments or just blind party loyalty

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Defend Yourselves Against Bandits’ Invasion – CAN Tells Southern Kaduna / See What An Igbo Boy Invented! / Court Affirms Deregistration Of 74 Parties By INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.