Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,174 members, 7,835,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Wenger Faces Disciplinary Action - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wenger Faces Disciplinary Action (593 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Mario Balotelli Faces FA Investigation Over 'Racist' Instagram Post / UEFA Disciplinary Document Leaked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wenger Faces Disciplinary Action by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2011
This week has gone from Bad to worse for Arsene Wenger after a 2- 0 loss to Liverpool. He now faces Disciplinary proceedings for breaking the rules on a touchline ban.
It has been a week to forget for the Frenchman as he first watched former captain Cesc Fabregas join Barcelona, then two of his players had received three-game bans.

"But we are completely open to any inquiry from UEFA, we have nothing to hide and I don't think we have done anything wrong," he told a news conference.
"Frankly you never know really what a manger's ban is. I did not communicate with the bench, I did watch the game from the directors' box and it was quite enjoyable."
Wenger, who could now face a new touchline ban depending on the outcome of Monday's hearing, said it was frustrating because the club had asked UEFA before the match for clarification of the rules and he had stuck to them.
I wish all Arsenal fans the best this season.

Source: http://www.gidilinks.com/2011/08/wenger-faces-disciplinary-action.html

(1) (Reply)

Only One United! / R.madrid Points Accusing Fingers At Bayern For Stolen Boots / What Lessons Did You Learn From The Downfall Of Almighty Barcelona By Chelsea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.