Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,552 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke (6464 Views)

Controversial Tevez Changed Tune, Refuses To Apologise To Alex Ferguson / Mourinho Poke Vilanova Eye / Samir Nasri Refuses To Rule Out A Switch To Manchester United (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by mukina2: 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
MADRID (AFP) – Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho is not sorry for poking a rival in the eye in the final moments of their Supercopa loss to Barcelona, his spokesman has told the Spanish press.

Television images and photos on the front pages showed the Portuguese jabbing his finger into the eye of Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola’s assistant Tito Vilanova as players brawled on the field Thursday.

The gesture made front pages and provoked an uproar in the media.

“Jose is not saying sorry, he is very clear that he is defending Real Madrid,” the coach’s spokesman Eladio Parames was quoted as telling dailies El Mundo and As.

“He does not care what the press say, the important thing is what the Madrid fans think.”

Parames told the papers that Mourinho was responding to a series of provocations and insults from the Barca bench.

The bad feeling between the two sides boiled over at the end of the match in the Nou Camp, which Barcelona won 3-2, giving them a 5-4 aggregate victory and the first trophy of this season.

As players scrapped on the field, television pictures showed Mourinho walking over to Vilanova and poking him in the left eye. As Mourinho walked away, Vilanova then gave him a hard slap in the back.

After the match, Mourinho was asked about the incident and he replied: “Pito Vilanova? I don’t know who this Pito is.”

Barcelona defender Gerard Pique has accused Mourinho of wrecking Spanish football.

“Sincerely, Mourinho is destroying Spanish football. Sometimes they say we Catalans are the guilty ones, but the guilty ones are over there in Madrid,” he said after the match according to broadcaster RTVE

http://www.france24.com/en/20110822-mourinho-refuses-apologise-eye-poke
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2011
Too bad Jose The Special has resorted to such a diminishing act. He's no longer special to me. undecided
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by Luka316(m): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2011
haheeeheee, i love this man, he makes football more interesting with his acts.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by montelik(m): 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2011
Na today, Jose never apologizes.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by heynew: 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2011
without this guy am not sure i would have shown any interest to English football
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by 1stknight(m): 1:28pm On Aug 22, 2011
mourinho is a pus.sy, any tym madrid lost he whines like a starvin' woman.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by tunyus(m): 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2011
heynew:

without this guy am not sure i would have shown any interest to English football
God bless you so much
Jose mourinho remain my most admired SPORT PERSONALITIES in the whole world
all these behaviour make him to love him more than ever b4
very brilliant and too controversial,he is also an ORATOR, go and check all his quote
i was a chelsea fan when he was at chelsea
i bought inter milan jersey during his days @inter milan, to show pple am a fan
my happiest day was the day he was sign to join my REAL football club(madrid)my childhood team
HATERS OF MOURINHO CAN GO AND HUG TRANSFORMER OR BETTER OPTION JUMP INTO LAGOON(we dont care), we love our Man,
THE SPECIAL ONE
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by jaz(m): 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2011
and   what's   d   point!?   Mou   has   always   been   a sore   loser,   check   his   antecedent.  He   believes  he   is   meant   2   win   anyone   anywhere anytime.   Barca   hav   a   team   dat   threatens   2   spoil  his  record,   damage   his  reputation  as   world  best  coach  and by  extension  remove  d addendum (special  one)  frm  his name.  RM  is d biggest stage  for   a coache's   career  he cant afford  2  lose.  Win  at all cost  drive is seeing his stock plummet. I  lov madrid but i'm ashamed of their current mentality and of players like marcelo, pepe and ramos. Its sad dat all they are doing is spur barca 2 determination. Madrid will not conqer barca dis season mark my wordsdat all they are doing is spur barca 2 determination. Madrid will not conqer barca dis season mark my words
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by Rastamann: 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2011
He is just doing his job the best way he knows how to do it. If his employers are not complaining, then who are we to complain?
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by Allohrandy(m): 1:36pm On Aug 22, 2011
There is no doubt that Mourinho is one of the best coach in the world.the only problem with him is that he is just too arrogant and proud.he is not a good sportman and that very bad.i hope he changes this bad character
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by DeGenius3(m): 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2011
let him go to hell. he's really making the Spanish football uninteresting. for me i really think mourinho is trying to bring hatred into the Spanish national team. because when they start quarreling among themselves, they'll not play well. so for me i think he is a bad man. i really hate his character.  and most importantly, let him never in his life think of defeating Barcelona becos they will always beat him even in space.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2011
mourinho is an embarassment to football. He ruined is character by poking the other fella, its even worse he refused to apologise. What he doesnt understand is that he brewing hatred from other teams and referees. Cant wait to see his downfall this season. Real madrid players ought to be ashamed. Did u guys see what he did when messi came close how he waved his hand as though something was smelling common thats just childish. I have no respect for him anymore.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by tunyus(m): 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2011
De-Genius:

let him go to hell. he's really making the Spanish football uninteresting. for me i really think mourinho is trying to bring hatred into the Spanish national team. because when they start quarreling among themselves, they'll not play well. so for me i think he is a bad man. i really hate his character.  and most importantly, let him never in his life think of defeating Barcelona becos they will always beat him even in space.
bros how do that one concern you, then pls stop watching any match that involve madrid with barca, u guys should realise that is the only option left for mourinho if we are to av agood result against barca, WE MUST BE HARD ON THEM
u2 1 day:

mourinho is an embarassment to football. He ruined is character by poking the other fella, its even worse he refused to apologise. What he doesnt understand is that he brewing hatred from other teams and referees. Cant wait to see his downfall this season. Real madrid players ought to be ashamed. Did u guys see what he did when messi came close how he waved his hand as though something was smelling common thats just childish. I have no respect for him anymore.
the fact is that hw mourinho live his life, MOURINHO THRIVE IN CONTROVERSY, THE SPECIAL ONE
he did at chelsea and inter, so you should be use to dat, or stop watching soccer
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by ddippset(m): 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2011
tunyus:

God bless you so much
very brilliant and too controversial,he is also an ORATOR, go and check all his quote
my happiest day was the day he was sign to join my REAL football club(madrid)my childhood team
HATERS OF MOURINHO CAN GO AND HUG TRANSFORMER OR BETTER OPTION JUMP INTO LAGOON(we dont care), we love our Man,
THE SPECIAL ONE
i wish someone would run up on your old a** dad in the streets and poke him in the eye, and maybe he goes one-eyed.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by dammytosh: 2:36pm On Aug 22, 2011
ddippset:

i wish someone would run up on your old a** dad in the streets and poke him in the eye, and maybe he goes one-eyed.

ONLY A BLIND MAN WILL CALL WAT JOSE DID, "POKE IN THE EYE"  GO AND WATCH, HE PULLED THE EAR NOT POKE IN THE EYE. THAT IS HOW MEDIA KEEP FEEDING YOU GUYS WITH THRASH IN NIGERIA TOO AND U TAKE IT WITHOUT REASONING.

THE DISDAIN THE PRESS HAS FOR THIS GUY HAS NO BOUNDS. HE MAKES THE GAME MORE INTERESTING AND INCREASES  THE NO OF PEOPLE INTERESTED IN EL - CLASSICO.

HE STILL REMAINS THE BEST COACH IN THE WORLD. TAKE IT OR DIE HATING.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by ddippset(m): 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2011
dammytosh:

ONLY A BLIND MAN WILL CALL WAT JOSE DID, "POKE IN THE EYE"  GO AND WATCH, HE PULLED THE EAR NOT POKE IN THE EYE. THAT IS HOW MEDIA KEEP FEEDING YOU GUYS WITH THRASH IN NIGERIA TOO AND U TAKE IT WITHOUT REASONING.

THE DISDAIN THE PRESS HAS FOR THIS GUY HAS NO BOUNDS. HE MAKES THE GAME MORE INTERESTING AND INCREASES  THE NO OF PEOPLE INTERESTED IN EL - CLASSICO.

HE STILL REMAINS THE BEST COACH IN THE WORLD. TAKE IT OR DIE HATING.
ok sorry. I wish ur dad would run into mourinho some day for mourinho to pull his ear. And then u call him the special one.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by chimaike: 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2011
tunyus:

God bless you so much
THE SPECIAL ONE

I concour with you, i will always remain a fan of Chelsea, Inter Milan & Real Madrid because of Murinho. I love Munriho with passion.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by ddippset(m): 2:50pm On Aug 22, 2011
u2 1 day:

yeah i saw that. I thot i was the only one who did. He thinks messi is smelly.  I dont believe he is an adult. I dont.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by dammytosh: 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2011
ddippset:

ok sorry. I wish your dad would run into mourinho some day for mourinho to pull his ear. And then u call him the special one.

I DON'T TAKE PEOPLE UP ON THIS FORUM BUT I MUST LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT ONLY IMMATURE BUT ALSO A FOOL.

WHY MENTION MY DAD ? DO YOU KNOW IF I AM OLD ENOUGH TO BE YOUR DAD ? I BLAME TECHNOLOGY AND RAPID EVOLUTION OF THE INTERNET THAT GIVES CHILDREN'S FOOD TO SWINES LIKE YOU COS I AM SURE U WILL RATHER REST YOUR JOYSTICK HEAD BRAIN IF YOU WERE TO PAY A CAFE ATTENDANT TO POST THE RUBBISH YOU POSTED.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE A DAD OR HE IS SO USELESS THAT YOU DON'T REVER HIM, PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME OF US HAVE WORTHY DADS AND WE ARE RESPONSIBLE DADS TOO AND WILL NOT ALLOW ANYBODY BRING THEM TO ISSUES UNPROVOKED.

MY POINT IS SIMPLE IN CASE YOUR FACULTY OF UNDERSTANDING IS FAILING YOU.

GOOD DAY.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by ddippset(m): 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2011
@dammytosh, thanks alot. I just thought maybe the guy mourinho poked was someone's dad too. Take care.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by dammytosh: 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2011
ddippset:

ddippset:

ok sorry. I wish your dad would run into mourinho some day for mourinho to pull his ear. And then u call him the special one.
THE POST IN BOLD ABOVE TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE PROVOKED MY RESPONSE.

ddippset:

@dammytosh, thanks alot. I just thought maybe the guy mourinho poked was someone's dad too. Take care.
AND HE IS OLD ENOUGH TO BE YOUR DAD RIGHT ? OR YOU WERE IN A HURRY TO LEAVE YOUR #40 VIEWING CENTER NOT TO WATCH WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED EXCEPT THE LIES YOU WERE FED WITH BY THE MEDIA.

POKE KO, PORK NI.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by DaDoctor: 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2011
^^I JUST WATCHED AGAIN IT IS THE 'EAR', NOT THE 'EYE'^^
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by dammytosh: 3:29pm On Aug 22, 2011
Da Doctor:

^^I JUST WATCHED AGAIN IT IS THE 'EAR', NOT THE 'EYE'^^
@Da Doctor Exactly my point, Why should we call Ear, Eye and still use POKE as if he wanted to use a fork to pluck out the eye. What happened was an aggresvie response to series of events. I don't approve it but will also not allow lies to be passed to another generation.

Nobody asked the reason why Barca players on the bench joined the ones on the field when Fabrigas was brought down. To do what exactly  ? When there is a ref on the pitch.

All of them should be cautioned not Jose alone.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by DaDoctor: 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2011
dammytosh:

@Da Doctor Exactly my point, Why should we call Ear, Eye and still use POKE as if he wanted to use a fork to pluck out the eye. What happened was an aggresvie response to series of events. I don't approve it but will also not allow lies to be passed to another generation.

Nobody asked the reason why Barca players on the bench joined the ones on the field when Fabrigas was brought down. To do what exactly ? When there is a ref on the pitch.

All of them should be cautioned not Jose alone.

Yes !
Exactly! The GUY EVEN RETALIATED WITH A BIG PUSH AND THAT IS A WORSE OFFENSE IN FOOTBALL.

In the spirit of fairness, them botgh shud be penalised if same is needed
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by ddippset(m): 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2011
With the kinds of comments iam seeing here i wonder if it's in this same country we criticise our reps and senators for fighting. Well thank God for messi and co who gave us something to smile about that nite.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by Baawaa(m): 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2011
Mourinho is a comedian.He did it for fun,check it on internet u will understand what i mean!
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by misterh(m): 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2011
When i saw 'poked in the eye' here, i thought i watched a wrong el classico. He poked the man in the ear & the press is admitting it's the eye. I don't blame Mourinho for that_anyone that plays Barca will be frustrated. Moreover, Mourinho's personality makes football interesting, there's always something to laff about but he should learn to accept defeat & be a good sportsman.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by ddippset(m): 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2011
A coach wants to go to a country and win the league immediately. If he doesnt its trouble. A coach wants to win every match. If he doesnt, its touble. A coach who has benefitted from referee'ss mistakes countless times does not want another to benefit. If it happens its trouble. A coach raises his hand to the face of a colleague and the press clamp down on his frustrated la liga campaign, and its trouble. That coach is the special role model to some people here.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by visionsen(m): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2011
Mourinho again ?
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by Barrywhite8620: 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2011
visionsen:

Mourinho again ?

Na so me 2 see am ooooooo.
Re: Mourinho Refuses To Apologise For Eye-poke by isquar3d3(m): 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2011
ddippset:

With the kinds of comments iam seeing here i wonder if it's in this same country we criticise our reps and senators for fighting. Well thank God for messi and co who gave us something to smile about that nite.
my guy, ur ability to analyse is terribly flawed. So it was only Jose who did evrythng wrong on d pitch, right? 'Messi and co' ko, u didn't see any barca player do anythng wrong, abi? U didn't see Villa, did u? U didn't see Pique talking rudely 2 Mou' unprovoked jst b4 he took a throwing?? 'Messi and co' ni. If u can neva be objective in ur friggin' life, shut up.
This, of course does nt absolve Jose of blame here. He shld try 2 restrain himself more nxt time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Brentford (1 - 0) - Live / QPR Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 23rd Febraury 2013 / Carling Cup: Everton Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On Oct 26th 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.