Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (1182 Views)

Have You Heard Of Meridian Body Massager? Let"s Discuss / Chinese Meridian Massage Centre In Lagos / Experience Chinese Meridian Massage FREE At Festac Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 05, 2022
ASMR stands for autonomous sensory meridian response; a term used to describe a tingling, static-like, or goosebumps sensation in response to specific triggering audio or visual stimuli.

These sensations are said to spread across the skull or down the back of the neck and, for some, down the spine or limbs.

ASMR signifies the subjective experience of "low-grade euphoria" characterized by "a combination of positive feelings and a distinct static-like tingling sensation on the skin."

It is most commonly triggered by specific auditory or visual stimuli, and less commonly by intentional attention control.

A genre of videos intended to induce ASMR has emerged, over 25 million of which had been published on YouTube by 2022 and a dedicated category of live ASMR streams on Twitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiuUfX2cbhU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37IBENyp2F4
Re: What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 05, 2022
Reception

On 12 March 2012, Steven Novella, Director of General Neurology at the Yale School of Medicine, published a post about ASMR on his blog Neurologica.

Regarding the question of whether ASMR is a real phenomenon, Novella said "In this case, I don't think there is a definitive answer, but I am inclined to believe that it is.

Several people seem to have independently experienced and described" it with "fairly specific details. In this way it's similar to migraine headaches – we know they exist as a syndrome primarily because many different people report the same constellation of symptoms and natural history".

Novella tentatively posited the possibilities that ASMR might be either a type of pleasurable seizure or another way to activate the "pleasure response".

However, Novella drew attention to the lack of scientific investigation into ASMR,
suggesting that functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)
and 
transcranial magnetic stimulation  technologies should be used to study the brains of people who experience ASMR in comparison to people who do not, as a way of beginning to seek scientific understanding and explanation of the phenomenon.

Four months after Novella's blog post, Tom Stafford, a lecturer in psychology and cognitive sciences at the University of Sheffield, was reported to have said that ASMR "might well be a real thing, but it's inherently difficult to research... something like this that you can't see or feel" and "doesn't happen for everyone".

Stafford compared the current status of ASMR with the development of attitudes toward synesthesia, which he said "for years... was a myth, then in the 1990s people came up with a reliable way of measuring it".
Re: What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 05, 2022
According to research from 2015, some people find experiencing ASMR helps relieve negative mood symptoms, including feelings of depression or stress. It also appears to help reduce chronic pain for some people.

Also ASMR may help get you and your brain into the right state for deep, healthy sleep by promoting relaxation and theta brainwaves. Other benefits. People who enjoy ASMR often report reduced anxiety, fewer headaches, lower blood pressure, and more.
Re: What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2022
Re: What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2022
Re: What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 29, 2023
Re: What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
ASMR has been proven to help treat Insomnia.
Re: What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 10, 2023
ASMR HELPS WITH SLEEP AND RELAXATION.
😴 🌙 🛌.
Re: What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 15, 2023
ASMR EMOJIS.

💆‍♂️💆🏻‍♂️💆🏼‍♂️💆🏽‍♂️💆🏾‍♂️💆🏿‍♂️

💆‍♀️💆🏻‍♀️💆🏼‍♀️💆🏽‍♀️💆🏾‍♀️💆🏿‍♀️
Re: What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 15, 2023
Re: What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 15, 2023
More satisfying slime A.S.M.R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OqBe7i1qeg
Re: What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by Nardeant: 5:48pm On Aug 28, 2023
It's awesome to see that you're delving into the intriguing realm of ASMR.
Re: What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by rolinox(m): 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2023
I've recently discovered this new trend of listening to ASMR, and it helps me to focus on some routine work.
Re: What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by TyWong: 7:43pm On Aug 28, 2023
The way our brains react to certain triggers, like those tingles and goosebumps, is pretty fascinating. ASMR is like a personal concert for your senses! Speaking of which, have you ever tried exploring Japanese ASMR videos? They're like a tranquil journey into a world of calmness and relaxation. I stumbled upon them recently, and let me tell you, they've become my go-to destress remedy. Whenever I need a break from the daily hustle, I dive into those videos, and it's like a mini vacation for my mind. So, if you're into discovering unique ways to unwind, definitely give ASMR a shot.
Re: What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by septoxid: 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2023
The way ASMR can trigger those tingling sensations is almost magical. I remember my first time experiencing it, I was watching this video of someone tapping on various objects. It was so unexpectedly soothing, and I found myself completely immersed in it.
Re: What You Need To Know About ASMR: Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response by ghostvoshe: 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2023
I just stumbled upon this fascinating world of ASMR not too long ago, and I gotta say, it's been an absolute game-changer for me. The tingles, the relaxation, that low-grade euphoria they talk about – it's all real! I was blown away when I found out about ASMR microphones. It's like they're the secret sauce behind those incredible ASMR experiences. I mean, who would've thought that a microphone could make such a difference, right? I'm still pretty new to this forum, and I'm eager to learn from all you experienced ASMR enthusiasts. If you have any tips, favorite ASMR triggers, or just cool stories to share, please do!

(1) (Reply)

Guys Having Big Nipples / Std/hepititis C / How Do I Cure Wetanus ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.