Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Gerard Pique Leaves Camp Nou Pitch In Tears - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gerard Pique Leaves Camp Nou Pitch In Tears (333 Views)

Pitch Invader Runs On Pitch In Granada Vs Manchester United Match (Photos) / Benjamin Mendy Has A Football Pitch In His House / Gerard Pique Goes To Training With His N4M Electric Bike B'cos Of Driving Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gerard Pique Leaves Camp Nou Pitch In Tears by ExclusiveBet: 11:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
An emotional Gerard Pique was in tears as he left the Camp Nou pitch for the final time during Saturday's 2-0 win over Almeria.

The legendary centre-back has confirmed this will be his final game for the club, hanging up his boots after 616 games for Barcelona.

He enjoyed a routine evening against Almeria and was given a moment to himself as manager Xavi chose to substitute him with six minutes to go, with Andreas Christensen coming on in his place.

Pique was visibly emotional on his final farewell, embracing each and every member of the Barcelona first-team setup as he soaked up the admiration of his supporting fans.

Re: Gerard Pique Leaves Camp Nou Pitch In Tears by MMempire(m): 11:36pm On Nov 05, 2022
Thank God he is finally leaving. Time for Xavi to build a good defense line.
Re: Gerard Pique Leaves Camp Nou Pitch In Tears by Treasure17(m): 11:38pm On Nov 05, 2022
He played his part during Barcelona dominance in Spain. Gracias.
Re: Gerard Pique Leaves Camp Nou Pitch In Tears by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:09am On Nov 06, 2022
Barcelona legend Gerard Pique was given an emotional standing ovation as he made his final Nou Camp appearance in their 2-0 La Liga win over Almeria.

He was replaced in the 84th minute and tearfully embraced all his team-mates, boss Xavi and the entire Barca bench.

The 35-year-old will retire after Tuesday's trip to Osasuna, although it is not certain he will play in that.

After the game he gave a speech on the pitch, saying: "I was born here and I will die here."

He added: "When you get older, you realise that sometimes to love is to let go. I'm convinced that I'll be here again in the future.

"I love Barca. That's why I consider it's the right moment to go. This is not a goodbye."

There were several tributes to him on his farewell night at the Nou Camp.

Pique, who was named captain, walked on to the pitch with his two sons, as all his team-mates wore shirts with his name and number three on the back.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gerard Pique Leaves Camp Nou Pitch In Tears by paulolee(m): 1:13am On Nov 06, 2022
Farewell legend

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Lyon 3-0 [PENS 2-1] Highlights (download Video) / Football Trading 2023 / Https://www./babylon-full-movie-2022-watch-download-free-tia-w

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.